DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Watching "Best of Nitro" vol. 2, and what a harsh reminder of how ... just ... the depths of foul judgment lies just out my grasp ... to describe how awful Zybysko is in booth. It seems as if every match he's on, he's on about the "human game of chess," as opposed to the "robot game of chess" or the game of human chess (which is what I assume he really means ... ass).

If you think he's bad on Nitro, you should pray that you never stumble onto a later run WCW Worldwide match on Youtube, if your overdubbed commentary team is Hudson and Zybysko, just mute the fucking thing.

Watching "Best of Nitro" vol. 2, and what a harsh reminder of how ... just ... the depths of foul judgment lies just out my grasp ... to describe how awful Zybysko is in booth. It seems as if every match he's on, he's on about the "human game of chess," as opposed to the "robot game of chess" or the game of human chess (which is what I assume he really means ... ass).

At least he answered the question that we all yearned to have an answer for: "If you call the nWo the 'New World Odor' enough times, will it ever be either clever or funny?"

No, of course, being the answer to that one. Definitive no.

• Like 1

I wish somebody had at least told him that other strategy board games existed. I'd have liked to have heard how wrestling was like a human game of Hey That's My Fish.

• Like 1

Last Saturday, Kahagas wrestled on Booker T's Reality Of Wrestling card. This was the second time I'd seen him wrestle here in Houston, with the first being this past April at the Paul Boesch tribute show. Both times I thought he was pretty awful. He wasn't working with name guys (Saturday may have been his opponent's first pro match, in fact, since most of the guys on the ROW cards are Booker's students), so I don't know if he's better with skilled opponents, or just a shit wrestler. Has anyone else seen much of his work? 

Haven't seen a whole lot but this was my first time seeing him and I thought it was solid

I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

That's Patrick. He hates pro wrestling.
I heard you were at Raw 1000.
Yep. And had a blast. What's your point?

So you're now in the mindset of "turn your brain off and enjoy it"?

I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

That's Patrick. He hates pro wrestling.
I heard you were at Raw 1000.
Yep. And had a blast. What's your point?
So you're now in the mindset of "turn your brain off and enjoy it"?
Take the good with the bad. There's a shitload to enjoy in WWE and wrestling in general. And you are always, always, ALWAYS mopey, depressed, and cynical about it. Have been for years. If wrestling brings you no joy, maybe it's time to find something else.
  • Like 1

If you think he's bad on Nitro, you should pray that you never stumble onto a later run WCW Worldwide match on Youtube, if your overdubbed commentary team is Hudson and Zybysko, just mute the fucking thing.
oh man Zybysko on Worldwide. I can still hear him saying "Is he a millennium man...or millennium mouse?" With this smug look like this was the most brilliant statement.

Okay, no caveats:

It's pretty cool that Daniel Bryan is in the main event of SummerSlam and has a good chance of winning the WWE Title.

It's pretty cool that C.M. Punk was the champion for over a year.

It's pretty cool that WWE is bringing in people like Sami Zayn who I never would have expected to get signed.

It's pretty cool that there's a wide variety of indy groups around my area so I can see a little bit of everything.

It's pretty cool that Evan Bourne not only made it to WWE, but competed at WrestleMania and was a Tag Team Champion.

How's that for a start?

• Like 1

I wonder what IS up with Evan Bourne.  He worked a few non-televised matches at NXT shows earlier this year but then just dropped back off the map.  Are they gonna use him again or just keep him from wrestling anywhere for a while before cutting him loose?

I find only people who do shitty shows, say that. 

I really want to watch the 2013 G1 tournament; NXT and anything involving Daniel Bryan*, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman or Punk.

I do not want to watch any other current stuff.

*Total Divas included

• Like 1