DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The star fuckers in TNA didn't even promote Angle when he appeared as the scary Russian in that Warrior flick.

http://youtu.be/P_BqowiCaMw

If he doesn't come back was Wealthy American Businessman Jeff Jarrett, Rev. Dr. Jeff Jarrett would be a good choice.

TNA is stupid though when it comes to promoting their own people who does actual outside projects that could get TNA noticed.

Chris Chetti killlllllllls Davey Richards.

When you were watching 93 Raw were you annoyed that the Friar Ferguson gimmick only lasted two weeks too? Where did that even come from? Did Vince see Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on VHS or something?

I was so fucking perplexed by that. And so was everyone in the building. His debut was like the last match on that RAW, can you imagine if that happened today? I don't think they ever filmed anything with him, which is a shame. I have no idea what you'd do with that, but my plan would be doing a Name of the Rose mystery angle starring Friar Ferguson and Friar 123 Kid.

But I will say this, I'm kind of turning around on him and his Bastion Booger bit. It's all dumb as shit, but he really goes full throttle with it. He's like The Road Warriors of Bastion Boogers.

• Like 1

You can also tell it's Vince's favorite gimmick on the roster, which is why it's so sad when you hear the story of how he finally got fired

I never have.  What's the deal?

There's a backstage WWF guy and I want to say Patterson, but if it's Patterson I'm not sure where I heard it (Goulet or JR or Cornette or someone would make more sense but I think it's Patterson). Anyway, Mike Bell goes up to him and asks why he's not being used more. And the guy says "Good question." and goes in to Vince's office to ask and Vince basically says "We aren't using him are we?" and they just let him go. It's a sadder story in the telling.

Vince's love of Bastion Booger is no exaggeration. He's more excited and having more fun during a Boog match than anybody else's. That's including Bret, Luger, and Taker. 

The only people near the same level are Men on a Mission.

I thought about that, but it has to be someone who wasn't super over. See people can always fall back on the "He made Vince lots of money!" deal. It's got to be someone who wasn't way over on a National level and never did a Missile drop kick.

You can also tell it's Vince's favorite gimmick on the roster, which is why it's so sad when you hear the story of how he finally got fired

I never have.  What's the deal?

There's a backstage WWF guy and I want to say Patterson, but if it's Patterson I'm not sure where I heard it (Goulet or JR or Cornette or someone would make more sense but I think it's Patterson). Anyway, Mike Bell goes up to him and asks why he's not being used more. And the guy says "Good question." and goes in to Vince's office to ask and Vince basically says "We aren't using him are we?" and they just let him go. It's a sadder story in the telling.

This is Bastion Booger/ Norman/ Friar Ferguson we're talking about?

Big Show oversells superplexes to the point where he causes the ring to explode. Davey Richards still hasn't figured out how a superplex is supposed to work.

Davey would no sell an exploding ring superplex, hit another suplex and then get suplexed out to the floor. That match would get 5 stars cause you know...WORKRATE!!!

Monday Night War Games

Team WCW:  Sting, Goldberg, Bunkhouse Buck, Barbarian, THE MONSTER MENG!

vs.

Team WWF:  Austin, Undertaker, Bradshaw, Faarooq, Vince McMahon?

Vince McMahon originally announces The Rock for Team WWF but Colonel Robert Parker tricks McMahon into putting himself into the match instead. 

This is a brilliant idea that was totally glossed over in the silly Roadies/Nasties & missile dropkick debates.

I meant Mike Shaw, not Mike Bell. Though Mike Bell is always fun to talk about too.

Yeah!  Remember that time Saturn dumped him on his head? (And now the topic is exhausted.)
Wait, I have a piece of trivia to interject!I learned today that Mike Bell and Bill Wiles (Bilvis Welsey) had a dark match before an ECW PPV.