DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Giant was credible to good in-ring no later than '96.  I was also a big fan of his promos back then, but I don't really recall much about them now (except for promising to turn the Four Horsemen into the Four Geldings.)

The WWE said Show was lazy lazy when he he first came from WCW. I don't think so, He just wasnt expected to go much being a WCW main eventer straight out the gait. Most the top guys half assed their matches every week, so unless you had a ppv match you weren't expected to go all out. He did bust out a missle drop kick during a squash match during his WCW run though
He did a missile dropkick at Halloween Havoc '98 too.

I remember a thread on WC years ago about Wight's mythical moonsault.  Someone was swearing up and down that he did a moonsault on TV, which somehow nobody else remembers.

If anyone cares, it's here: http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=034355#000004

Giant was credible to good in-ring no later than '96.  I was also a big fan of his promos back then, but I don't really recall much about them now (except for promising to turn the Four Horsemen into the Four Geldings.)

The WWE said Show was lazy lazy when he he first came from WCW. I don't think so, He just wasnt expected to go much being a WCW main eventer straight out the gait. Most the top guys half assed their matches every week, so unless you had a ppv match you weren't expected to go all out. He did bust out a missle drop kick during a squash match during his WCW run though

He defeated Viscera with one on a RAW back in 99 as well.

• Like 1

Saw this on GameFaqs. Don't know if it's actually true, but I really want it to be:Lance Storm is currently in the process of suing the owners of a club in Maryland for using his image to advertise a male stripper competition. The Lux Upscale Eatery & Nightclub, located in Baltimore, supposedly had a poster hanging outside its walls with a WWE-produced studio picture of Storm with the caption: "Come see the live Mr. Baltimore competition, as a dozen of the city's hunkiest men display and disrobe with the hopes of winning the platinum trophy in addition to $10,000. One of the judges will none other than Oklahoma's sexiest man, O'Daddy Valentine!""O'Daddy Valentine" is the name located under Storm's picture.There's no word on how much Storm is looking to receive from the suit. Our calls to the club have been unanswered.

"IF I CAN BE SERIOUS FOR A MOMENT...."

[cue "It's Raining Men"]

• Like 3

I remember a thread on WC years ago about Wight's mythical moonsault.  Someone was swearing up and down that he did a moonsault on TV, which somehow nobody else remembers.

If anyone cares, it's here: http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=034355#000004

A tip for you kids: If you ever want what you say to be taken seriously, do not try to prove your case by saying "I Think Kevin Nash was the one who said Show was able to hit one back in his WCW days." 

Um, yeah, if Nash said, it must be true. 

1'm at least 99% that Show never used a moonsault on Nitro. I've heard the Power Plant rumors many times without any (non-Nash) corroboration.  If he had been doing moonsaults at the Power Plant, surely by now a wrestler would have mentioned it  or they would be footage or something.

from Dixies Twitter: “After meeting with @HulkHogan, due to circumstances beyond our control – @TheAcesAnd8s vs. Mafia 5 on 5 match is delayed until 8/22 iMPACT!.” It should be noted that the 8/22 Impact is being taped this Thursday after the Live Impact so Angle still isnt going to be there.

I would be really in to a story based around Teddy Hart's cats forming up like voltron in to Big Show. They could do a moonsault, but the impact would shatter them back in to just an army of cats.

Reading this and looking at your avatar, with the cat that looks like he has a "no scratchy-scratchy" cone around his dick, made me burst out laughing in my office, behind closed doors.  With no one in here with me.  At a mental health clinic.

• Like 1

from Dixies Twitter: “After meeting with @HulkHogan, due to circumstances beyond our control – @TheAcesAnd8s vs. Mafia 5 on 5 match is delayed until 8/22 iMPACT!.” It should be noted that the 8/22 Impact is being taped this Thursday after the Live Impact so Angle still isnt going to be there.

Even before the mess with Angle, I was wondering how they were going to do that match, what with Rampage being involved.

Well, he's been in your employ for eight years.  You could do what Vince ultimately did and try to either deal with his drug problem or reign him in.

Circumstances beyond our control = what, you expect us to drug test them now?  Next, you'll want us to not put Jeff Hardy in the ring when he's hopped up on pills.

Poor Necro. Killing himself for peanuts with the smallest chance of it really paying off. I've often wondered what his goals in wrestling are. Is the big dream to be Mick Foley? He'd be delusional to think that was ever going to happen.

I wouldn't call wrestling at The Gathering as killing himself for peanuts. If this had to happen, I'd say Necro was lucky it did happen there as, from all accounts, ICP are really good to the guys they bring in and they will likely cover any medical expenses he's going to have from this.

I remember a thread on WC years ago about Wight's mythical moonsault.  Someone was swearing up and down that he did a moonsault on TV, which somehow nobody else remembers. If anyone cares, it's here: http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=034355#000004
 A tip for you kids: If you ever want what you say to be taken seriously, do not try to prove your case by saying "I Think Kevin Nash was the one who said Show was able to hit one back in his WCW days."  Um, yeah, if Nash said, it must be true.  1'm at least 99% that Show never used a moonsault on Nitro. I've heard the Power Plant rumors many times without any (non-Nash) corroboration.  If he had been doing moonsaults at the Power Plant, surely by now a wrestler would have mentioned it  or they would be footage or something.
There was an article from May 2001 on Slam Wrestling where Big Show talked about the mythical moonsault: http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBiosW/wight_08may01-can.html

In the beginning, times were fun, according to the Show, but also not without their pitfalls, as he relates in a humorous story about performing a moonsault."It was pretty goofy. The only problem was that I don't think anybody wanted to lay underneath of me when I landed. We were screwing around with it, and one of the upper-echelon in WCW at the time pretty much reamed my ass out for doing that. I was a rookie at the time, and didn't really know how to stand up for myself. Basically, they told me I had no business being on the top rope at all; I was a ground attacker, and I was a tank, so stay off the tope rope. Dallas (Page) and Terry Taylor (put him up to it), and it was one of those collective 'you've got so much athleticism show it.' So I did, and I got my ass chewed out right after it. I haven't actually hit somebody with it, but it was a glorified miss."

People realize that Big Show developing into a good wrestler had nothing to do with whether he could do a missile dropkick or not, right?

We've discovered a philosophy that says a wrestler is not lazy if he or she can perform a missile drop kick. This is the knew school of thought taking over DVDVR Matt, either get with it or be left behind. 

With this knew frame of mind, I've gone back and discovered that Davey Richards is really underrated on this board. He's incredibly not-lazy.

• Like 1

Davey gets his ass handed to him every March no matter what guy I put him against in the first round. And I'm almost positive Big Show is one of those people who crushed him. Or it was Big Show killing Angle, which is the same difference at this point.

Davey vs. Norman the Lunatic would be a more interesting poll.

Dude, with the Global love going on right now? Mukham Singh and the Cartel. That said, it feels like a brave, new, terrifying world now that the floodgates have been opened.

When you were watching 93 Raw were you annoyed that the Friar Ferguson gimmick only lasted two weeks too? Where did that even come from? Did Vince see Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on VHS or something?