DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I would like to give AJ full credit for knowing exactly how to play to her audience 

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee 13mWatch #Smackdown tonight to see me go to town on Kaitlyn. A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee 13mIt’s entirely possible there was a better way to phrase that.

Yes, i admit to quickly reading that and thought it said "go down on Kaitlyn."

I would like to give AJ full credit for knowing exactly how to play to her audience

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee 13m

Watch #Smackdown tonight to see me go to town on Kaitlyn.

A.J. ‏@WWEAJLee 13m
It’s entirely possible there was a better way to phrase that.

Posted Image

• Like 2

http://www.christianwrestling.com/

I really don't understand how this works. Somehow my parents told me about this and I really don't understand this. Although God is a former WWE superstar and all...

Back in 05 or so, some Windy City wrestlers created a side project called WORD.  Something like Wrestling Organized for Religious Development.  The wrestlers took on the characters of various Biblical figures and their matches somehow related to Bible stories.

My favorite part was when Jesus (played by Acid Jaz of Soul Touchaz fame) got attacked midshow by Satan's Minions and got hit with a crucifix bomb and a spear.  Then later on in the Jesus vs Satan main event, Jesus ended up winning with a crucifix rollup. 

I think I still have a picture somewhere of an old lady front row who tried to clobber Satan with her shoe.

• Like 3

DIRECTV DROPS TNA PPV
by Eric Sturrock @ 2:28 PM on 8/2/2013

DirecTV will not be airing the "TNA One Night Only: TNA 10 Reunion" PPV. It was listed on DirecTV's channel guide & on DirecTV.com on Monday but was removed Friday Morning. All week I tried ordering the PPV in HD on DirecTV.com for $25 but it said "Not able to be ordered at this time, check back later" while the SD button on DirecTV.com would let you order the PPV for $15. During Impact last night I tried again with the same results. I tried after 12am this morning and DirecTV.com did not show any mention or page for the TNA PPV. At 6am the DirecTV channel guide no longer showed the PPV airing instead on channel 121(HD) it show "To Be Announced". Which is what it says when nothing is airing on that channel. The TNA PPV was removed on channel 122(SD) and replaced with a marathon of "Up the Skirt: Thongs Revealed". So if you ordered the PPV in SD and go to watch it tonight at 8pm you will tune in to another kind of T n' A. I called DirecTV and they said the PPV is not airing on DirecTV according to their computers. I'm guessing those who ordered in SD will get a refund.

So if you have DirecTV and want to watch tonight's TNA PPV you will have to order it on TNA's youtube page when it's up or go to a friends house who does not have DirecTV. On TNA's youtube page they uploaded TNA One Night Only Hardcore Justice 2 one week after it was originally premiered on PPV for $15, the other two TNA One Night Only PPVs prices were dropped to just $3 after the latest TNA ONS PPV was uploaded. So I'm guessing when TNA 10 Reunion is uploaded, Hardcore Justice 2 will drop to just $3 as well.

Driving While Intoxicated means alcoholDriving Under the Influence means drugs At least in WI & IL

OK, so Angle was DWI, Swagger was DUI. Gotcha.
As Mike alluded to - it is different from state to stateIn Texas (where Angle was) the difference is actually done by age - 21 and over, everything is DWI. Under 21 and its DUI. It doesnt matter if you are caught because of booze or drugsSo if Swagger was in Texas he would have gotten a DWI

It's funny a friend and myself were just last night joking about how it seems that anything the WWE expresses any interest in Kurt he goes and gets a DUI. Not saying that the WWE have expressed any interest in Kurt recently but just funny that I was just talking about Kurt and DUI's and he then boom he goes and gets another one.

It's funny a friend and myself were just last night joking about how it seems that anything the WWE expresses any interest in Kurt he goes and gets a DUI. Not saying that the WWE have expressed any interest in Kurt recently but just funny that I was just talking about Kurt and DUI's and he then boom he goes and gets another one.

To be fair, just based on general probability, you could choose almost any topic on earth and it wold work out that "It seems like every time we bring up X, Kurt Angle gets another DUI."

http://www.christianwrestling.com/

I really don't understand how this works. Somehow my parents told me about this and I really don't understand this. Although God is a former WWE superstar and all...

Back in 05 or so, some Windy City wrestlers created a side project called WORD.  Something like Wrestling Organized for Religious Development.  The wrestlers took on the characters of various Biblical figures and their matches somehow related to Bible stories.

My favorite part was when Jesus (played by Acid Jaz of Soul Touchaz fame) got attacked midshow by Satan's Minions and got hit with a crucifix bomb and a spear.  Then later on in the Jesus vs Satan main event, Jesus ended up winning with a crucifix rollup. 

I think I still have a picture somewhere of an old lady front row who tried to clobber Satan with her shoe.

Even for pro wrestling, this sounds like a ridiculous idea.