Dortmund
Napoli

Group G
Zenit St Petersburg
Atletico Madrid

Group H
Barcelona
Milan

Interesting draw for United but we should get through, Chelsea could be through by week 4, City will get through this time, Arsenal are in for a tough time and Celtic are fucked.

my thoughts and the full group draw:

Ouch. Barcelona, Milan AND Ajax for Celtic???Arsenal get shit on as well (Dortmund, Marseille, Napoli)ManYoo with the easy group (as usual)Poor FC Copenhagen (Galatassaray, Juventus, Real Madrid)Chelski with an eminently survivable group (Basel, Schalke, Steau Bucharest)Group A: Manchester United, Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen, Real SociedadGroup B: Real Madrid, Juventus, Galatasaray, CopenhagenGroup C: Benfica, Paris St-Germain, Olympiakos, AnderlechtGroup D: Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, Viktoria PlzenGroup E: Chelsea, Schalke, Basel, Steaua BucharestGroup F: Arsenal, Marseille, Borussia Dortmund, NapoliGroup G: Porto, Atletico Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Austria ViennaGroup H: Barcelona, AC Milan, Ajax, Celtic

Guest The Magnificent 7

In all seriousness, that's quite a group.  We need to strengthen, having lost Hooper, Wanyama, and Wilson to do something similar to last year when everyone wrote us off in the group stage as well. 

We've signed Biton (Israeli mid) from Ashdod and apparently have wrapped up Teemu Pukki from Schalke.  We need to push the boat out and get Finnbogasson if we're really aiming to come out of that group. 

At least we have some glamor ties to look forward to and enjoy.  16 big cups between all 4 clubs.

my thoughts and the full group draw:

ManYoo with the easy group (as usual) 

Please explain how it's easy?

Leverkusen, while up and coming, isn't in ManYoo's Class

Shaktar shed a bunch of their top talent before this year 

Real Sociedad is also eminently beatable

Leverkusen will be tough home and away, they have the top scorer in germany last year, have had 100% start to the season and have added well over the summer (i like Son alot).

Shakhtar have sold some talent but also brought in Bernard & Fred to whats still a good team. Plus they rarely lose at home.

Sociedad had a great season last year, brushed Lyon aside to get to the group stages and in Griezmann have a star in the making.

It's not the group of death but it's far from easy.

I lost my shit the first time I saw that gif.

Eriksen at £11m is really good value too. Liverpool are close to signing Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori for a bunch of money. Sakho was touted as one of the best, if not the best young centreback in the world a few years ago. Weird that Tiago Silva insists on playing with a Brazilian CB partner at PSG. Ilori sounds promising and has ridiculous speed apparently. I'm excited for both. Kinda wish we'd forego one to get an upgrade in attack more potent than Moses, but he's better than his time at Chelsea has shown. I don't think he'll be Sturridge the second but he should be helpful.

Really good game for the Wafer Super Cup. Fitting ending to boot.

Ben Arfa was clearly the best player on the pitch, and scored a beauty for Newcastle today, although they probably need to score more than once every three games to stay up. Since Johann Kebab is still on the payroll, he should be playing full games. Vernon Anita is no Johann Kebab.

Fulham played some terrible anti-football today. Eight men minimum behind the ball against Newcastle? Maybe against a team who can score, sure.