DVDVR Message Board

The August Soccer Thread....

SirFozzie

Fuck Anthony Taylor, sure, but most of all FUCK THOSE FANS.  Utter cunts.Rosicky looking better than he has at any point since World Cup '06, but it's all for naught.  Maybe Bacary Sagna can end up with a broken freakin' neck, just to cap off the day.  djlfljfljaflkdjafkldjasla

Guest The Magnificent 7

Norwich has a good side on paper this year, as they bought well.  I didn't see any of the Arsenal match, but that has to be a frustrating way to start the season. 

Arsenal are my favourite team to watch. They play attractive football and I really admire Wenger, but everything about them is just a calamity. A clown of a goalie, a dodgy defence, always getting injuries, always getting suspensions and most of all Wenger always being easily wound up.

I watched Liverpool-Stoke and about 70 minutes of Arsenal-Aston Villa before I had to head out. I liked how NBC presented the matches as *an event* like the Olympics as opposed to just a random game like with the NHL. It felt like appointment viewing as opposed to "hey, game's on!". Really enjoyed the second match, partly because of my friends who are Arsenal fans begin to lose their shit at all of the yellow cards.

For a team that was universally predicted for 19th/20th and immediately drop back down, Hull showed some real fight in the second half against Chelsea. They still lack massive quality from the attacking spots, and I would recommend them trying to get Guidetti on loan from City. If they can add a couple of solid attackers, they may fight off relegation.

Yay for getting BT sports through no effort of my own. Watched PSG vs Ajaccio earlier, what a fun match. Finishes 1 - 1 after PSG outshot their opponants 34 - 1. Was funny to watch them time and time again be thwarted by Ochoa in goal (he seems really good though). Cavani eventually scored in like the 89th minute. Lots of fun. Watched Dortmond really struggle earlier as well. Good to have football back.

Lee Hughes. Fucker.

Never a truer post posted.

Hello everyone who remembers. I'm not dead. Somewhat enjoying life in League 1 as we (Wolves) can actually win games again. It's like falling in love again after moving on from an abusive relationship.

Thank you and welcome back.

Digging NBC's presentation so far, including the AWESOME Palace tifosi before their match. They've been really good with the little details.

It kind of sucked on Dish.  They're not carrying the overflow games, even though they were essentially free to air, so no flipping around.  One game in the morning, one in the afternoon and no rebroadcasts.

Is the crowd at Sellhurst Park always so mental?

I heard during NBC's coverage of this weekend's games that a majority of the time teams that are promoted from the Championship are usually relegated the next year.  If this is true, what do teams usually do to try to stay up?  I understand that you usually need to have about 40 points to stay.  Do the newly promoted teams usually have enough money to buy a quality player to help?  If they do, do you buy a striker to help you score or focus on defense because your squad will concede a lot of goals because of a lack of quality?