DVDVR Message Board

[CBMT] The Final

odessasteps

Guardians Of The Galaxy never should've gotten this far.  Way too much kneejerk voting for the shiny new toy.  Fun flick, sure, but I don't think it will age as well as Superman has.  

Superman also should have lost to the Dark Knight. . . 

• Like 1

Superman is not a good movie, let alone a good superhero movie. There is also nothing in Guardians as head scratchingly dumb as making time go in reverse by turning the planet's rotation is a different direction. For all the dick tugging people do for Superman about how he is so good, no one mentions how much of a selfish bastard he is.

• Like 1

Superman was the only bracket winner that would have been my choice in a ballot situation.

Guardians is fantastic, don't get me wrong.  But it shouldn't have beat Avengers, and it DAMN sure shouldn't having beaten Spider-Man 2.  The only two movies in the whole tournament I would have voted of S:TM were Spider-Man 2 and Ghost World.

To me, this is absurdly not close.

• Like 1

Eh, its a tourny. We found out that tourny polls produce some whacky results that wouldn't normally happen (like, say, the DVDVR Board choosing "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" as the greatest song of all time), whereas a ballot list thingy produces more accurate results, but is a fuckton more work for the orgainzer, and relies on everyone actually doing a list (like the 8th Gen list that only got 1 ballot).  

Regardless of sentimentality, Superman is a shit sandwich of a movie with cheesy acting and dialogue. And hey, I get being sentimental. I'm fucking sentimental for Silver Bullet, but that movie is hot garbage.

i never go to the theater to see movies twice. but i did for GotG and i can't wait for the blu-ray release. i just want to keep watching it.

i voted Avengers over it, but i'll be damned if the current crop of Marvel movies isn't the best superhero flicks of all time.

So 26 votes cast in the last round and 25 so far in the final. One more vote out there with Odessa possibly breaking the tie? The suspense is killing me.

I will probably wait until mid-week to close it.

I had tried to wait until there were 30 votes or four/five days to give people a good window to choose. I'd have to go back see just what the max number of votes have been in any one round.

• Like 1