DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: August Thread... It's Getting Serious...

SirFozzie

The thing about the Royals is that trading Myers isn't what necessarily screwed them. Keeping Francoeur as a starter for two months hurt them a lot, as did Kelvin Herrera's atrocious start to the year. If they play .500 ball in May instead of going 8-20, they're right in the thick of the WC race instead of scraping and clawing to get back into it.

I kinda hold the POV that if they go through May smoothly, they don't fix some of the problems of April/May that were exposed in the May slide. Thus a smooth May may not have led to the June/July that we've seen. I could have lived with a May slide that didn't include an 8 game losing streak. But It just seems like the 17-10 start had some real luck to it that wasn't gonna sustain itself.

The hotstreaks in June/July/August have been because of good pitching and enough offense to actually win stuff. The offense has been real quit since Monday night (even today) and i'd feel a lot better if the overall hitting could just improve a bit more. Which means having more than 1 or 2 guys getting hits in a game. Maybe they can get over losing Miguel Tejada and his endless jar of Adderall soon

So Braves pitchers have hit Bryce Harper 3 times in 3 games against the Nats. One of them was definitely intentional, the first one last night was definitely an accident, and the last one is debatable. Since it is obvious that the Nationals won't do anything to fight it, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets clunked again. 

So Dempster throws at A-Rod's knee and misses (it goes behind him).  Umpire says nothing while even the ESPN broadcast team acknowledges what's going on.

Two more pitches inside, A-Rod is plunked in the ribs on the 3-0.

Umpire warns both benches and ejects nobody.  Joe Girardi, predictably, goes nuclear [what with the Yankees robbed of their chance to retaliate for this without suspension] and eventually gets ejected for screaming bloody murder at the umpire, I can only assume because he correctly called the guy a gutless moron.

Fenway fans chant "You're A Cheater" at A-Rod, without a shred of shame or irony considering they will mightily cheer David Ortiz's next at-bat.

I imagine Rippa is almost as wroth as Girardi right now.

Between the fans and the umpire I'm actually watching a Yankees game and wanting them to win.  How about that.

I imagine Rippa is almost as wroth as Girardi right now.

Well I would have to care about this lost season for me to get worked up.

Plus it really really takes an effort for me to watch a Sunday night ESPN game now.

Plus Plus - the Giants are on

You know what,, I have no problem with a good old fashion beanball war. Players wear freaking skirts today, and this charge the mound shit just shows how much pussies they are. As long as its not a head shot, take your base, and let your team get it back in the next inning. . .Umps are way too quick with the trigger too, the Yanks should have gotten their back, and boom it should be over. . .But for hell's sake Dempster, if you are going to do it, do it hard and clean. . .

You hear that, hippies?  That's the sound of the Rolling Stones flying away from Altamont.  The "groovy" peyote orgy is winding down and all that's left to do is flee from the Hell's Angels, go back home, and take that internship at your uncle's accounting firm.

Rest assured that the N.L. Central will be well represented in your absence.

Posted Image

Of course you don't.  What do words like tradition and legacy and infield drills mean to the likes of you? 

Just go back into your "purple haze" and try and read the future in your sideburns, son. 

I'm sure you think it will all be a grand freak out to flip the squares and easy ride on down to Mao Tse Tung avenue.

Well I'll tell you what, Daddy-O, just when you think your beatnik paradise can't get any better, it will be too late to realize that the Pirates are a gateway drug.

Next will be the Orioles, The Indians, and May God help us all, the Royals.

I just hope that once your free love turns into a freaky hangover and your mushroom popping Xanadu leads to the nightmare of a World Series game at 1060 West Addison you'll have enough sense left in that Buffalo Springfield addled brain of yours to pick up the phone and call The Guardians.

They'll be there.  For the Game.  For Tradition.  Even for the likes of you.

I am walking into Jeffrey Loria Memorial Stadium for the first time tonight.  Thank the gods I get to see Jose Fernandez vs Yasiel Puig. 

If Mattingly sits Puig at any point I will run over to him and bite him on the nose.

I am walking into Jeffrey Loria Memorial Stadium for the first time tonight.  Thank the gods I get to see Jose Fernandez vs Yasiel Puig.  If Mattingly sits Puig at any point I will run over to him and bite him on the nose.

I expect many cute animal gifs in this thread tomorrow.