DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: August Thread... It's Getting Serious...

SirFozzie

Eric Young Jr. and Juan Lagares stole the show for the Mets last night. Finally some young guys with hustle who can hit and field!

EY Jr is only two and a half years younger than David Wright. Not sure what that says about him. Lagares is interesting going forward though...he'll probably end up as a fourth OF thanks to his glove, as I'm really not sure there's really anything sustainable with the bat. Awful plate discipline, gap power at best...but he's only 23. Wilmer Flores could be *real* fun though.

Flores was fun to watch in this Rockies series. I had no idea that EYJ was so old. He hustles like someone in his early twenties. I think Lagares could have some sticking power if he shapes up at bat.

Apparently Pujois still has some stroke in St. Louis because accusing him of roids gets you fired:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/august/jack-clark-accuses-albert-pujols-of-steroid-use.html

Jack Clark was never considered the brightest bulb but seems a bit much

Well he also went after Verlander, with no evidence whatsoever. It was the first week of the show, and with the potential of bring down lawsuits on the stations head for slander, little wonder he was fired. .

@jackaclark22

I completely stand by the story i told 8 days ago about conversations 13 years ago w/ Mihlfeld. He will never admit it. Google it.

Pt 2 i never accused verlander or green of PED use. If u didn't listen to show u don't know. PERIOD.

Jack Clark is astoundingly stupid.  And when he's not being stupid, he's incredibly boring.

Either of those should be fireable offenses in broadcasting.

Well the first one, not so much(we'd have NO radio whatsoever if that was the case :), but  combined with the second one? Yeah terrible combination.

A-Rod hits a homer is 11 shy of Willie Mays.

If he goes on a little heater the Yanks are going to be in a full blown panic and will probably pay like Jayson Nix to smash his knee with a baseball bat or something

If he goes on a little heater the Yanks are going to be in a full blown panic and will probably pay like Jayson Nix to smash his knee with a baseball bat or something

As someone who does not want to see A-Rod catch Willie Mays (let alone Bonds) yet DOES want to see him stick it to the Steinbrenners and/or Bud Selig as much as possible, I am very conflicted right now.

Cardinal fans care. There were a bunch crying on twitter about the injustice of A-Roid passing up a paragon of virtue like Stan The Man. Oh the irony of the fan base who willingly embraced and later forgave Mark McGwire showing outrage over a PED cheat surpassing a record. 

As someone who does not want to see A-Rod catch Willie Mays (let alone Bonds) yet DOES want to see him stick it to the Steinbrenners and/or Bud Selig as much as possible, I am very conflicted right now.

Eh, I personally think Aaron and Maris still hold the standards, and all these roid monkeys are just greasy pieces of crap cloggin up the legit record books. . .Wish selig, if he actually wanted to do something would just wipe them all off the books. . .