DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: August Thread... It's Getting Serious...

SirFozzie

I am walking into Jeffrey Loria Memorial Stadium for the first time tonight.  Thank the gods I get to see Jose Fernandez vs Yasiel Puig. 

If Mattingly sits Puig at any point I will run over to him and bite him on the nose.

When the enraged tax payers actually do kill him, he should be preserved like Lenin and kept in permanant display. . .as a warning to any future scumbags.. . . wash and repeat for Bud selig as well.

• Like 1

Today, Cabrera is hitting .360/.452/.689. Only eight players in history have finished seasons with numbers that high in each triple-slash category. He has 40 home runs and 120 RBIs. In a ludicrous strikeout environment, he has almost as many walks as strikeouts. He is batting .437/.552/.881 with runners in scoring position. That is not a misprint. Neither is this: With runners in scoring position and two outs, those numbers jump to .451/.594/.941.

David DeJesus dealt to the Nats for a PTBNL, which literally makes no sense whatsoever for Washington.

As a follow up to this story, DDJ was subsequently placed on waivers by the Nationals. Theo or Jed had to have been calling in an old favor owed to them.

Today, Cabrera is hitting .360/.452/.689. Only eight players in history have finished seasons with numbers that high in each triple-slash category. He has 40 home runs and 120 RBIs. In a ludicrous strikeout environment, he has almost as many walks as strikeouts. He is batting .437/.552/.881 with runners in scoring position. That is not a misprint. Neither is this: With runners in scoring position and two outs, those numbers jump to .451/.594/.941.

Cabrera won the Triple Crown last year - and rightfully the MVP, too - and is killing his numbers in every category this year.  1.141 OPS vs .999 last year.  Unbelievable.  Assuming he plays 37 of the last 38 games, he's on pace for .360/53/158.  Only Babe Ruth and Jimmie Foxx have ever gone .360/50/150 in a season.  And he's doing it at key times - tons of HRs in the 9th inning and so on.  Carrying the team while Prince Fielder struggles.  Sure am glad he's playing for my guys :)

which means he'll appeal, drop the appeal after a start, and just have an extra day off before his next start.. and he gives up five day's pay

Boston's got off days on Thursday and Monday, so taking the suspension now is a no-brainer.

Also, the suspension is paid.

What evidence is there that this is not just two Cubs fans acting normally?

This internet "journalism" is outrageous.  This is literally no different than Reddit and the Boston bombings.  It is literally the same level of outrageous.  Also, too, Orwell Hitler.

I, for one, shall no longer patronize Deadspin until they change their outlandish editorial policies and unban my account so that I can add funny annotations to pictures again.

As a Patriot, he's using the olde fpelling of ouor foundingh fathers.

I'm sure most of you sad lot don't even get the scholarly reference to Benjamin Franklin's runaway hit catch phrase in support of public literacy from the Summer of 1785. 

Cretens.

@Friedo790:

Yasiel Puig was in the visitors clubhouse here at #Marlins Park & looked at us gathered there and yelled, "F**K the media" and left the room

Hanley Ramirez is rubbing off on him quite well.  

Just a couple of shots,

I was straight down the right field line

Posted Image

Here's Puig warming up between innings:

Posted Image

And Giancarlo belted one into the terrifying sculpture in Left-Center.  Light that fucker up!

Posted Image

And somehow, the Marlins won!

@Friedo790:

Yasiel Puig was in the visitors clubhouse here at #Marlins Park & looked at us gathered there and yelled, "F**K the media" and left the room

Hanley Ramirez is rubbing off on him quite well.  

Just a couple of shots,

I was straight down the right field line

Posted Image

Here's Puig warming up between innings:

Posted Image

And Giancarlo belted one into the terrifying sculpture in Left-Center.  Light that fucker up!

Posted Image

And somehow, the Marlins won!

I know what they were going for in center field, but wow that screams cheap old movie theater or something in an old stadium about to be torn down. . .

Posted Image

I've been seeing a lot of people pulling for the Bucs on this board and other more sport-centric ones. At first I thought it was just baseball fans being happy that our 20 year unfathomable run of misery has finally subsided.

Now I've come to realize it's just that a whole lotta baseball fans hate the Cardinals.