DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: August Thread... It's Getting Serious...

SirFozzie

What Dolfan left out was all the people who then responded to that tweet basically saying it was okay to throw bananas at blacks.

The internet is a wonderful place

What Dolfan left out was all the people who then responded to that tweet basically saying it was okay to throw bananas at blacks.

The internet is a wonderful place

Remeber kids, Racism is dead in the US.

What Dolfan left out was all the people who then responded to that tweet basically saying it was okay to throw bananas at blacks. The internet is a wonderful place

Remeber kids, Racism is dead in the US.
This week's SI article about Riley Cooper pointed out that he got tweets saying he had gained new fans because of what he said.

So, if you want to see what your 25 man lineup would look like if pesky Curt Flood hadn't ruined it for everyone, this guy's put together the All-Homegrown lineup for every team:

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2013/08/12/the-all-homegrown-mlb/

(Craig, you probably don't want to look at what the Cubs look like.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-pete-rose-wrong-vice-20130812,0,6972211.story

”However, if I am given a second chance, I won't need a third chance. And to be honest with you, I picked the wrong vice. I should have picked alcohol. I should have picked drugs or I should have picked up beating up my wife or girlfriend because if you do those three, you get a second chance. They haven't given too many gamblers a second chance in the world of baseball.“

I can believe there are American sports fans utterly ignorant of the banana as slur thing.  In my entire life, I don't think I ever saw or heard of it until I started following F(u)ootb(o)al(l).

I can also buy that a Giant's fan has bananas in his adorable startup-branded carryall along with energy bars, a walking GPS, bluetooth headphones shaped like frogs, and a hacked chromecast plugged into a 3DS housed in a 1920-wood-radio custom case  running SNES games via R4 while live-tweeting THE WALKING DEAD.

You really think that guy is ever without a banana?

I can believe there are American sports fans utterly ignorant of the banana as slur thing.  In my entire life, I don't think I ever saw or heard of it until I started following F(u)ootb(o)al(l). I can also buy that a Giant's fan has bananas in his adorable startup-branded carryall along with energy bars, a walking GPS, bluetooth headphones shaped like frogs, and a hacked chromecast plugged into a 3DS housed in a 1920-wood-radio custom case  running SNES games via R4 while live-tweeting THE WALKING DEAD. You really think that guy is ever without a banana?

I await Tim's rebuttal. :)

So, if you want to see what your 25 man lineup would look like if pesky Curt Flood hadn't ruined it for everyone, this guy's put together the All-Homegrown lineup for every team:

http://itsaboutthemoney.net/archives/2013/08/12/the-all-homegrown-mlb/

(Craig, you probably don't want to look at what the Cubs look like.)

Holy shit is that outfield terrible...I shudder to think about an outfield with Sam Fuld AND Tony Campana in it.

This is the part where people will pretend Pete Rose isn't right. You may now commence.

(He is an idiot though.)

When a team of drunks and druggies throws a World Series because they can't stand up straight, then he's right. . . Still its not the Boy Scouts hall of fame. When arguably the greatest hitter who ever lived is there despite the fact that he was an unapologetic racist and psychopath and pistol whipped someone to death, and he's in, I CAN see the argument. But if gambler's are going in, but Joe Jackson in first, he was a MUCH better player than Rose. Neither ever will though. . .

Rose is completely fucking right, but now that they snubbed the best player of the last 50 years, his case is even less big.

A baseball hall of fame without Barry Bonds is still the dumbest fucking fuck fuck those fucking voting reporter motherfucking fuckers.

Rose is completely fucking right, but now that they snubbed the best player of the last 50 years, his case is even less big.

A baseball hall of fame without Barry Bonds is still the dumbest fucking fuck fuck those fucking voting reporter motherfucking fuckers.

He isn't up till next year right? He doesn't have a shot in hell though. . . .