DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: August Thread... It's Getting Serious...

SirFozzie

Woo! My first ever monthly thread start.

Big hit by Stephen Drew (how many times am I going to write that? Probably, this is the last time) to give the Sox first place as August wins.

Going to be some interesting division races this month...

Bless you, SirFozzie.

You can't believe the bizarre non-real hallucinations I've been having.  There were hippies and poors and non-traditionals everywhere.  And they were winning!

Can you imagine such thing?  Well I can.  I've seen it in my Imagination brain.  Imagination, man.  It's a queer thing.

Bless you, SirFozzie.

You can't believe the bizarre non-real hallucinations I've been having.  There were hippies and poors and non-traditionals everywhere.  And they were winning!

Can you imagine such thing?  Well I can.  I've seen it in my Imagination brain.  Imagination, man.  It's a queer thing.

Posted Image

IT'S REAL! IT'S DAMN REAL!

The Braves are up 11 in the NL East.

The other five division leaders are up a total of 12 games.

Oh.

THE NATS ARE STILL IN IT!!!

DON'T TELL THEIR FANS OTHERWISE!!!

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THEY LOSE BY DOUBLE DIGIT RUNS!!!!

Oh.

Congrats. You guys win the "Our division is shit" award.

Remind me how well the Yankees, Reds, and Nationals did last season while winning 95+ games?

Oh.

Heh, it's almost like everyone skeptical of shutting Stras down last year could see this coming.

My friends have been having a field day retweeting MSM writers picking the Phillies to finish above the Braves in the division, Danny Espinosa saying the Nats' lineup is better than Atlanta's, and so on and so forth.

Oh.

nothing has to be motivating the Nationals more than having a manager who could quit any day to take his retirement, i'm sure.

And awesome that none of the top teams in the AL Central are losing.

"Royals? you've won 8 in a row? well fuck you, because the Tigers and Indians won't lose any games either!"

The White Sox are so useless

Oh.

nothing has to be motivating the Nationals more than having a manager who could quit any day to take his retirement, i'm sure.

And awesome that none of the top teams in the AL Central are losing.

"Royals? you've won 8 in a row? well fuck you, because the Tigers and Indians won't lose any games either!"

It's wild. Hey Indians and Royals, good for you guys! 15-10 in July, pretty awesome! Oh wait, you lost ground because the Tigers went 18-8. So sorry. The Royals are 10-2 since the Break...and are still seven out. Imagine if GMDM's 15-5 streak comes true, and they're still far out.

• Like 1

My friends have been having a field day retweeting MSM writers picking the Phillies to finish above the Braves in the division, Danny Espinosa saying the Nats' lineup is better than Atlanta's, and so on and so forth.

I'm actually shocked there haven't been more vocal Red Sox fans talking about how so many people said this would be an off year for them.

Meanwhile, I'm happy Edwin Jackson finally started showing up to play in his last few starts. He actually resembles a #2 or #3 pitcher now.

And yet they held on to Rios and/or Ramirez like they were precious gold. The Pirates GM visited the booth yesterday and said this was the worst trading deadline he's seen in 20 years. Part of it is the second Wild Card giving teams just barely hanging around a chance to sell their fans on a "race" but the other seems to be teams like the Sox or Phillies or Giants were asking astronomical prices for their players because despite having no shot at the playoffs this year, they apparently think a couple off-season moves and they'll be right back on top next season.I blame the Red Sox. Nobody believes in the concept of the gradual rebuild anymore.

Meanwhile, I'm happy Edwin Jackson finally started showing up to play in his last few starts. He actually resembles a #2 or #3 pitcher now.

That's what happens when he pitches in completely meaningless games

That's what happens when he pitches in completely meaningless games

Yeah, but...I got nothin'

Five game series should never be allowed. They're unnatural and run contrary to the spirit of of baseball. In fact, Grandpa Bud should immediately declare any 5th consecutive game against the same opponent violates the integrity of the game and the results of said game are thus null and void.

Oh, Yeah!

So, Pittsburgh, someone may try and stamp your hand on the way out.  Don't bother though.  We're not letting you back in, and it will just end up being a sad, droopy memory when it starts to run and people ask what it says and you're like "First Place!" and they're like "No, really, what's it say?"