DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-22-14

MGFanJay

Loved the Ambrose-heavy opening. He's so lucky he didn't get hurt bumping off the car in the back. Miz vs. Dolph was so much better than the PPV match. That one was technically fine, but crippled by the commentary, double gimmick, and country guys being involved. This just had two guys working, with Mizdow adding some great comedy like doing the figure four to an imaginary opponent while Miz did it to Dolph. The PPV finish was played off nicely, and Dolph gets his belt back again. This feud has really helped everyone involved, and it's amazing that happened given how flawed it's been at times. Bo-Swagger was nothing, but gave Zeb another Memphis highlight. Summer-Nattie was nothing, while Dean-Kane was an angle backdrop. Loved Steph demanding they toss Dean into a room since EVERYONE WHO GETS THROWN OUT OF THE BUILDING COMES BACK! 6-man tag wasn't much beyond Cesaro really showing off his mastery of the music between the notes.

Henry-Rusev II was fine, and I liked that we got a passout finish here to protect Mark. Bunny tag was fun - might make him in FPR since it should be a pretty easy outfit to make. Divas match was fine, and Paige was pretty funny on commentary. The pre-match Bellas stuff was rather bad though, but Nikki's "YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE BELLA NAME" was hilarious. Orton-Cena was a backdrop to a fine Ambrose reveal. Loved his "C'MERE YA SON OF A BITCH!" and a Titty Master sign making TV. Dean's now solidly in the main event mix, and unlike Reigns, both he and the fans are ready for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/raw-9-22-14.html

Screens -

a2d557353011910.jpg

e09db4353012228.jpg

5dc765353012279.jpg

815e2c353021877.jpg

f6e478353022994.jpg

8a250e353023534.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/5gv9zvqnpmpu7t8m28712ayc2z2gtt2y

• Like 1

After the hot opening with Ambrose the rest of the show pretty much sucked. Dean is the future but just putting him in the main event out of the blue does him no favors - especially when he's forced to interact with Cena or wrestle Kane.

Highlight of the show was Lana doing her best Andy Kaufman impersonation.

Honorable mention goes to Nikki Bella for unveiling her Requiem For A Dream Tribute Ass to Ass submission move.

Cena/Orton has to be the worst match up of main eventers in recent memory. No one cares and the match tonight was hideous. That match had less heat than Rose and the Bunny.

I'm going to be super pissed if Cena gets put in Dean and Seth's hitc match. Ambrose bumping out of a moving car was by far the highlight. Also Sheamus and Cesaro tried to maim each other.  Too bad they were stuck with 3 guys I don't care about.

Decent show tonight built around Dean Ambrose being awesome. That six-man match was great, highlighted by that absolutely insane bump Sheamus took from the top rope to the floor. Ugh. Dolph/Miz was also a lot of fun. Lana doing her Andy Kaufman bit was indeed the best.

Notable: No Wyatts. And NO HEYMAN.

I'm guessing that Ambrose keeps a spork he got from a KFC in his shoe at all times for the specific purpose of needing to tunnel out of any enclosure he might find himself locked up in.  After doing the time in that Mexican prison for the road range incident and being stuck in there for however long, he realized that he might find himself incarcerated against his wishes and that he'd need to take countermeasures.  As Ambrose is clearly the type of guy that would save cutlery from fast food restaurants for further use or sentimental value, it's well within the realm of possibility that he kept a KFC sport as they tend to be more versatile than just your standard single-purpose utensil.  He's probably kept it on his person at all times since then.  One end is sharpened to a shank/cutting tool and it provides him with a hanger for after he's washed his shirt in the sink of a cheap motel or gas station bathroom for the evening.  This evening it just went to show that he might need his digging tool while on the job.  It proved useful as now there's probably a hole or tunnel dug somewhere in the arena. 

In between running Cena/Orton for the 8000th time and Daniel Bryan getting Pedigreed in the WWE2K15 commercial, I'm pretty sure tonight's episode was designed to troll the Internet. WIth that said, the match was quite good. And Ambrose coming out of the box, while predictable, was an awesome moment. Most of the show was pretty dire, but the main event redeemed it.

I am pretty sure that nobody has opened RAW with the phrase "I'M NOT DEAD" either.    Although if he keep jumping into the trunk of moving cars that may not happen again.  How Dean didn't get hurt on that is something

I did like that somebody finally figured out that no matter how many times you kick or run them out of the arena they come back an hour later so it isn't worth it

This actually happen tonight:

JBL:

Eric The Actor was a good friend of WWE and we are sad to hear of his passing.  He will be missed.

~Transition To....

Jerry Lawler: 

I'll TELL YOU WHAT YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS! CENA AND ORTON! TONIGHT!

Commercial break.

I hope someone actually scripted that transition.

• Like 2

This was all about Ambrose. Everything else was just there. No Heyman, no Wyatt's make a pretty dull show. Cena, Orton, Kane are all coma inducing to me. I don't think Rusev/Henry II was really necessary. They should have done the pass out finish last night, but more Lana is always a plus. Nikki Bella is great until she speaks. I wish she were mute. The rights to the Bella name reminded me of Booker T. and Harlem Heat 2000 fighting over the T in Booker's name.

JBL:

Eric The Actor was a good friend of WWE and we are sad to hear of his passing.  He will be missed.

~Transition To....

Jerry Lawler: 

Commercial break.

Yeah I am not sure how I feel about some character on the Howard Stern show getting mentioned on RAW but the son of William Moody/Paul Pearer is ignored.  Don't really get why he is being memorialized by all these companies. 

JBL:

~Transition To....

Jerry Lawler: 

Commercial break.

Yeah I am not sure how I feel about some character on the Howard Stern show getting mentioned on RAW but the son of William Moody/Paul Pearer is ignored.  Don't really get why he is being memorialized by all these companies. 

11-03-08-eric-the-midget-on-air-10.profi

He was a severely disabled man who expressed a gigantic interest in WWE and always was a fascinating interview.  Howard treated him like an adult and not a man to be pitied. 

Relax on who needs to be memorialized and who doesn't.  Jesus.

• Like 2

No offense intended, but other than his hof appearance to accept his fathers award, what connection does he himself have to the company?

Im sure the company ackownledging a "celebrity" death (esp one thats handicapped) of a wwe superfan is a way to get them good pub, esp on the stern show.

JBL:

~Transition To....

Jerry Lawler: 

Commercial break.

WWE could at least have Kane mention that his half brother passed away. It was never established in WWE kayfabe land that Paul Bearer didn't have other children. 

The point about Divas paralleling RAW was highlighted tonight. 

The first Divas match came from a car fight on Total Divas the night before.  Made total sense.

The Bellas?  It is hard to take Nikki seriously on the mic when she is out to lunch with her sister acting nice and all dressed up on Total Divas and then runs her down on Raw dressed like a poseur.  Seriously, I get that Paige has a goth gimmick and AJ is the unpopular girl who is a total bitch to all the popular girls.  But Nikki looked like an AJ/Paige wannabe.  I guess that is the goal but when their Total Divas roles are the opposite of Raw and the rest of the Divas are following the script it is hard to take their RAW angle seriously.

Other than that I loved the show.  The tag match was great, Ziggler/Miz is one of the best angles running now, Rusev and Lana were on, and everything pointed in the direction of HiaC.

I missed a lot of the first part of the show but felt like the show drove off a cliff after the six man match. I have to say that I wasn't huge on Rusev/Henry but was fine with the AJ/Nikki match. I do have to say that they need to kill the Nikki's "butt to butt while the other diva is hanging between the ropes" move since even in wrestling physics it makes no sense as to what it's suppose to do. Leave the "butt as offense" moves to Naomi.

Tonight's episode just made me happy that the fall broadcast tv shows are starting up.

Edit: Also could they have telegraphed Ambrose getting out of the room anymore than they did? And for a second we have the intelligent writing of Steph pointing out that everyone that is thrown out comes back.

Guys, if you feel the magic of Dean Ambrose in your heart, you don't need to conjecture about lock-picking or secret helpers or trap doors or how comfortable moving around inside a heating duct Dean may or may not be.

What you know in your heart is that whenever you see an upside down box, an overturned crate, a barrel missing its lid, or a sideways  refrigerator with a door attached by one hinge...you know that if you close your eyes and whisper "He's not dead.  And he's not satisfied.  He's not dead.  And he's not satisfied."

Dean Ambrose will be under there.  

Now, that doesn't mean he's going to help you, like with the bullies who are chasing you or something.  More than likely he will just jump out and immediately run toward the nearest moving car and try to jump into its trunk.  And if you have any luggage, he'll grab that and throw it as far as he can.  He doesn't like luggage.

But he'll be there.  And that's what Kane didn't realize when he set that upside down box over those cinder blocks.  He didn't count on that one kid in the front row closing his eyes and whispering "He's not dead.  And he's not satisfied."

• Like 23

Did anyone notice during the opening brawl that Ambrose easily caught up to Rollins, them promptly thought "shit TOO SOON" and ran over to fight with Orton for a minute?

Ambrose made this a fun show. I didn't think the Cena/Orton match was bad though I hate Orton; liked how they kept teasing the rope DDT. 6-man was a redux of the last Raw with the same lineup but better and stiffer heat segments, yet same shitty face finish and I wanted a Sheamus/Cesaro PPV RE-MATCH! instead. Replacing that obvious home-run we got Dolph getting the belt back and Henry losing again which turned the crowd silent as a Japanese opening match.