DVDVR Message Board

Parks and Recreation

Ellsworth Toohey

Have they ever mentioned on the show how old Anne Perkins is supposed to be, or if she's supposed to be the same age as Rashida Jones did they ever acknowledge the age difference between her and Chris Pratt?

Also, I just started dating a girl whose political views are more libertarian than Ron Swanson.  She's basically "we need to end all government support for the poor.  You either get a job and support yourself or you literally starve to death."  I'm scared to break up with her because she's so psycho.

Have they ever mentioned on the show how old Anne Perkins is supposed to be, or if she's supposed to be the same age as Rashida Jones did they ever acknowledge the age difference between her and Chris Pratt?

She's 37 and he's 34.  Is that a big enough age difference that it should be noted?  I always got the impression that his character was a bit younger, but that was probably just because he acted like a kid while she was the responsible adult.

Damn, I never imagined Andy being older than like 23.  Like, Scott Pilgrim-aged, but American and therefore beefier and sort-of-rural and therefore droopier, like posture-wise.

Maybe a few years older, like almost Gideon-aged where if he tried to mack on Ramona it would be way wrong, but Kim might still give him a whirl just to raise eyebrows.

But, yeah.  That raises some questions about Anne.

• Like 1

Also, I just started dating a girl whose political views are more libertarian than Ron Swanson.  She's basically "we need to end all government support for the poor.  You either get a job and support yourself or you literally starve to death."  I'm scared to break up with her because she's so psycho.

And her response when the poor resort to to crime to survive?I started watching the show on Netflix and I enjoy it. Though it took a season or two for the big laughs to start.

• Like 2

Well that's how old Chris Pratt is.  I'm not sure how old Andy Dwyer is supposed to be.  ;)  Although a few seasons back when he was trying to determine if he could go out with April I think he said he was 29.

That's what I meant.  He was 29 in the season two finale, which would have made Ann 34.

Well that's how old Chris Pratt is.  I'm not sure how old Andy Dwyer is supposed to be.  ;)  Although a few seasons back when he was trying to determine if he could go out with April I think he said he was 29.

That's what I meant.  He was 29 in the season two finale, which would have made Ann 34.

Also, I just started dating a girl whose political views are more libertarian than Ron Swanson.  She's basically "we need to end all government support for the poor.  You either get a job and support yourself or you literally starve to death." 

And her response when the poor resort to to crime to survive? 

If she's that much an extemist, couldn't you simply pretend to quit your job and "starve to death"?

Also, I just started dating a girl whose political views are more libertarian than Ron Swanson.  She's basically "we need to end all government support for the poor.  You either get a job and support yourself or you literally starve to death." 

And her response when the poor resort to to crime to survive? 

And she just assumes the poor will peacefully starve to death and not fight back?

I signed up just to reply to this topic.  I don't catch many shows first run, but this has been my absolute favorite from season 2.

I'll be sad when Anne and Chris leave Pawnee, but season 6 really feels like it would be the last one.  It's never been huge in the ratings game, and I think NBC hired new execs that wanted to "broaden comedy appeal"

But if we get six seasons of a show that I love so dearly, I will be happy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, this show is still really fucking good.  Councilman Jamm has been all types of great this season.  Am I crazy or does his Asian obsession seems right on the money?  I used to work with a guy who I swear either had a mail order bride/green card bride/ or an arranged marriage that was arranged by parents that hated her, and his personality has more in common with Jamm than seems possible.  Tom may have found his calling, making up retarded pitches to get the dim-witted population of Pawnee to support political projects.  I have a question, why are Ben and Leslie worried about not having jobs?  Leslie is still basically running the parks department, I'm sure they'd give her the job.  Doesn't Ben know that Chris is leaving?  He is probably the only person in Pawnee who has any experience in a city management role.  They are basically the two most qualified people in the entire city, if they can't get work no one can.