DVDVR Message Board

Parks and Recreation

Ellsworth Toohey

Leslie was trying to hire Ron and April, but they didn't want to leave Pawnee. I think they end up being part of her staff for the Feds.

Ginuwine guest appearance had me rolling, until Bobby (K)Night Ranger one upped him.

The solution to Leslie's dilemma was the usual P+R sappy garbage, but the episode was hilarious. Probably the funniest of the season. Plus a time jump? Totally unexpected and ooens the show up to go in some cool new directions. Loved it.

Bobby Knight Ranger was played by Yo La Tengo, which makes it even better.

I like the 3 year jump.  I feel like they'd stalled out the last couple of seasons on character development and this should give them the opportunity to do some new things.

• Like 1

I was kind of hoping someone would tell Andy that Power Rangers is already back.  This episode felt like it really could've worked as a final episode.  But it's continuing, so...interesting I suppose.

Still think The Office ending with Stephen Carrell leaving would've been the perfect note to go out on for that show.

I think the Office ending with the dinner party episode would've been the perfect ending.

thank you....been saying that for years. Honestly, I lost interest when Leslie and Ben got married. I tried, but it just hasn't been funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

They won't be able to make references to technoogical things like Twitter, Instagram and what not anymore since who knows if those things will still even be relevant in 3 years, there could be some new thing that takes there by then.

Good on them for creating their own thing there. I thought the first two new episodes were ok at best, seemed like a lot of groundwork to set up the rest of the season.

I thought both were hilarious. I wouldn't put either on a Top 10 list or nothing, but I thought they did a great job of establishing the 3 year flash forward conceit, while still maintaining a Parks and Rec feel. The Joan stuff was maybe a little much, but Ioved the Jamm and Tammy stuff, so maybe my over-the-top meter is wonky.

Besides, Werner Herzog. WERNER. HERZOG.

I thought both were hilarious. I wouldn't put either on a Top 10 list or nothing, but I thought they did a great job of establishing the 3 year flash forward conceit, while still maintaining a Parks and Rec feel. The Joan stuff was maybe a little much, but Ioved the Jamm and Tammy stuff, so maybe my over-the-top meter is wonky.

Besides, Werner Herzog. WERNER. HERZOG.

Yeah the time jump did necessitate alot of exposition but there were definitely some funny moments, Johnny Karate's ninjas had me LOLing. Jammy was such a natural set up, Im kind of surprised it hadn't happened already. Oh and I'd be remiss not to mention, "See, the crotch blinders were inside you the whole time."

I love how, so far, they've completely avoided all the old-show-adds-kids tropes. Jumping in time skipped the pregnancy and all the cutesy baby stuff and the kids were kept off screen the entirety of the first 2 episodes. Hopefully that continues with even more elaborate excuses as to why the kids aren't present.

Maybe its because last years two part finale was so great and would have been a perfect send off but this season first two episodes seem to be lacking something and trying too hard. I like the story arc of Ron vs Leslie and we all know by episode 6 they are gonna be friends again but this season seems like its tacked on not saying the episodes arent good cuz they were but kinda unnecessary if anything it falls under the endless category of network sitcoms going on longer than they need to.

I thought both of these episodes were hilarious. The Ron and Tammy dynamic will never not be funny to me.

I guess I didn't watch enough of last season, because Pratt's new matinee idol physique in character as Andy was incredibly jarring.