DVDVR Message Board

Parks and Recreation

Ellsworth Toohey

I finally got into the show over the summer and damn am I glad I did.  

Chris Pratt has the best job in all of Hollywood.  He just gets to act like a human version of an excited puppy and never has to lose weight aside from his stints as Usama Bin Laden killer and savior of the galaxy.  

• 1 month later...

Here's a much deserved bump to this thread.

Is anyone still watching?

I find this to be the one of the most consistently good sitcoms on TV.

Yeah, I'm definitely still watching. The show's just so damn consistent it's hard to comment on it. Every post of mine would be "great episode, I laughed..." or some variation thereof.

That said...great premiere, I laughed. If they can shoehorn a 2 minute Jean Ralphio and Henry Winkler scene into a few episodes this season, I will be very happy.

Glad they're getting Leslie out of Pawnee politics, there's only so much you can get out of "everyone is stupid and fat."

Greenblatt more or less announced that P&R is coming back for a 7th season today.  He left some wiggle room, but since it's beating the other Thursday night comedies in the ratings it makes sense.

I'm not really feeling P&R as much as I did in the past, and I think it's because at this point they're almost more about tying up loose ends than really progressing any further. I like Tom's new business liaison stuff, though. I just want to hit the fast forward button until after Ann & Chris leave. It's kinda churning in butter right now.

• Like 2

Anybody know whats up with Lucy Lawless' Character Diane? She made a cameo appearance on the season premier. I know the Character is pregnant they must be waiting for the Chris and Ann send off before Diane gives birth to Rons first child.

I'm not really feeling P&R as much as I did in the past, and I think it's because at this point they're almost more about tying up loose ends than really progressing any further. I like Tom's new business liaison stuff, though. I just want to hit the fast forward button until after Ann & Chris leave. It's kinda churning in butter right now.

I think it's in a situation where it's built up the characters and their relationships so well that it can coast along on those despite the plots and jokes not being as sharp as they used to be. It's helped by being performed brilliantly too. I will say, the one little arc I've enjoyed this season is Tom's who is fast becoming my favourite character.

This season doesnt seem as focused as others.  Maybe it's losing a little zip off the fastball.

Agreed. I used to REALLY look forward to watching it. I'm reluctant to watch last night's show now. The direction of the characters seem to be iffy and the jokes aren't as fresh.

I finally got into the show over the summer and damn am I glad I did.  

Chris Pratt has the best job in all of Hollywood.  He just gets to act like a human version of an excited puppy and never has to lose weight aside from his stints as Usama Bin Laden killer and savior of the galaxy.  

I'd trade almost everything I've ever owned to have a job where I get to make out with Aubrey Plaza AND get paid for it. 

• Like 2

For a show that cares a lot about continuity it was weird that the Andy/April plot from this week was straight recycled from season 2 and they made no mention of it.  Like they even made the same joke about rewriting "Sex Hair" for kids.  I wonder if something got cut for time.

After watching a few eps during the first season on Netflix from time to time, this hooked the wife and I the past month and is now being watched on Netflix 2-3 eps a time at night before bed. So glad it did because I just dig the shit out of the humor and the characters.

My wife says it's better then AD but granted she has yet to watch the whole AD series yet

• Like 1

It got a little dusty in my house at the end of last night's episode.  Episodes like this are where P&R is at its best: building off of the relationships they've put so much time into developing.

• Like 1

It got a little dusty in my house at the end of last night's episode.  Episodes like this are where P&R is at its best: building off of the relationships they've put so much time into developing.

April mumbling "I love you too," made my day.  Thinking about Aubrey Plaza and Rashida Jones in a lesbian love affair made my night.

• Like 2