DVDVR Message Board

Night of Brock Lesnar

Dolfan in NYC

I really hope they keep Rollins away from Cena. That's all Dean needs is his main rival to job to yet another face not named Dean Ambrose. The thought of Reigns beating Brock at Mania makes me lol. That dude has no shot.

The problem is, who realistically takes the belt off of Brock? Besides Cena, he's the only guy I can think of.

Ambrose is WHITE HOT but I don't think you give him the belt right now.

Brock/Bryan is THE match as far as I'm concerned. Have Brock keep murdering people, and you have the best underdog vs monster match ever at Mania. I don't even think it would hurt Bryan to lose.

• Like 1

Ambrose is a different kind of wrestler and personality. He doesn't need the title. Most guys want the title as a sign that they're the best -- like Cena and Lesnar and Rollins (who thinks scheming his way to the belt is a sign of being the best in the tradition of slimebags like Edge).

Ambrose should want the title to prove a point. It's not because he's the best. It's because having the title drives The Authority and the like absolutely crazy, and him spitting in their face is what drives him more than anything else.

• Like 2

I really hope they keep Rollins away from Cena. That's all Dean needs is his main rival to job to yet another face not named Dean Ambrose. The thought of Reigns beating Brock at Mania makes me lol. That dude has no shot.

The problem is, who realistically takes the belt off of Brock? Besides Cena, he's the only guy I can think of.

Ambrose is WHITE HOT but I don't think you give him the belt right now. Hell, it took Steve Austin almost 2 years.

Yeah, but that was the mid 90's and they were still using the old model of you have to slowly build someone up. They've shown in the last 15 years that they will speed through months of storylines in a couple of weeks. I have no doubt if someone can convince Vince that this Ambrose kid is the one to go with, he'll say fuck it and green light Dean in the main event.

Of course if there is an active sabotage campaign against Ambrose by some in the WWE, then we're all screwed.

Ambrose is WHITE HOT but I don't think you give him the belt right now. Hell, it took Steve Austin almost 2 years.

I don't think people don't have the patience or attention span for a 2 year build anymore.

You have to approach beating Brock Lesnar like a quest in a role playing game. If you can get the magic brief case, and let John Cena spam Lesnar with AA's until his HP runs out, thenpay the dollars and maybe get lucky with a brief case shot before the bell and maybe a finishing maneuver if you have enough MP. If you're worried, keep leveling up by beating Cesaro a bunch of times.

• Like 12

I wasn't saying wait 2 more years to hand Dean the belt, even I don't have the patience for that. He's too good to wait that long. I was simply using an example (Austin) to show that you don't have to put the belt on certain wrestlers when they first become hot. Their work speaks for itself.

I am NOT AT ALL against Ambrose as WHC.

I don't think people don't have the patience or attention span for a 2 year build anymore.

Every smark in the world was crying and whining about Bryan's build last year, which was 9 months.

• Like 1

Every smark in the world was crying and whining about Bryan's build last year, which was 9 months.

The 9 month part isn't what people were dissatisfied with...

It was what wound up being confirmed by everyone, that they had no intention of paying off that angle with Bryan winning the title at Mania until a bunch of stuff they planned went wrong.

• Like 4

That probably had something to do with Bryan's half dozen failed attempts to beat a stale as fuck Randy Orton. Plus Bryan had already beat the biggest star in the company clean for the title. Fans were pissed because Bryan already won the belt, and they wouldn't give him what should've been his.

• Like 1

Really wish they would give Cesaro a good win. The match got real good towards the end but I hate Cesaro taking ONE kick after landing 3 - 4 awesome moves and that being the end.

I couldn't get into the Inter title match because of the announce team. I know it's been said more than a few times but this team is horrid together, add those country music "stars" and then totally ignoring the title match going on was just so over the top. I wonder if Ziggler complains on twitter about it?
Sandow mimicking EVERY move Miz does it thumbs up though.

Weird soundbite from the King in the opening match about how the title ONLY changes via pin fall or submission... I swear it sounded like one of those loops you he in the 2k games.

We want Ambrose!!! He's soooooo over and he is so the next big thing!

Oh, and I missed the last few Raws... Was there any other reason to have Jericho/Orton other than, "Shoot, we don't have Jericho anymore dates... and we don't have him in a storyline..."

Bryan works if he's physically healthy enough to wrestle Brock.

But that's a HUGE if.

I would be fearful of Bryan's injury history and him wrestling Lesnar.

All they need to do if have Bryan win the belt and come up injured after Raw the next night.

How many people has Brock actually injured with his style since coming back?

Cena has a historically fucked neck and Brock didn't break it with 16 suplexes. If DB can't wrestle Brock, he shouldn't wrestle at all.

• Like 2

Lesnar is physical sure but so is someone like Sheamus who Bryan gave as good as he got for months on end, we're talking about the guy who was working twice a night occasionally last summer. Lesnar is a safe guy.

I loved Ambrose running across the stage prop and diving onto the security, like it wasn't anything flashy or contrived looking like a cross body but a running unorthodox splash off a diving board. I love minor details like that that showcases his craziness.