DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/29-11/5 +

No idea what goes where and everything will be out of order but here are the results from tonights Impact tapings, presumably for 10/29, 11/5 and beyond.

*Taped for Xplosion: Crazzy Steve def. Jessie Godderz

TNA Impact Wrestling - Taped September 19, 2014 to air October/November 2014

*The Wolves def. The Hardyz & Team 3D in Full Metal Mayhem to retain the TNA World Tag Team Championships and win the tag team series. All 3 teams were helped to the back by the trainers afterwards.

*Samoa Joe comes out and announces that he is not medically cleared to compete due to injuries and vacates the X Division Championship.

*Tyrese (or Tyrus) (w/ Ethan Carter III) def. Eric Young (w/ Rockstar Spud). After the match, Bobby Lashley lays out Young until Austin Aries makes the save.

*Gunner def. Samuel Shaw in a no DQ match after interference from Brittany backfired.

*Austin Aries def. Bobby Lashley via DQ.

*Taryn Terrell def. Havok & Gail Kim when she pinned Gail, to become the new TNA Knockouts Champion

-And more..

*James Storm, Manik, & Sanada come out to see if Davey Richards will accept joining the revolution. Davey turns them down so he gets jumped and they beat him down with a chair to the knee. Storm reveals he still has the feast or fired briefcase for a tag team title shot and is cashing in on the Wolves. Abyss storms the ring and turns heel, dropping Edwards with the Black Hole Slam and turns out to be Storm's newest member, leading to the match..

*Abyss & James Storm def. The Wolves to become the new TNA World Tag Team Champions.

*Chris Melendez def. Kenny King via DQ when MVP interfered until Mr. Anderson made the save.

*Bobby Roode comes out and cuts a promo on Lashley trying to end the careers of Aries & Eric Young. Roode says he'll give him a title shot and calls him out for a fight leading to a brawl through the crowd.

*Low Ki def. Tigre Uno, Manik, & DJ Z via Super Ki Krusher on Tigre to win the vacant TNA X Division Championship

*Backstage, MVP attacked Kurt Angle and they hype Angle coming out to address it.

*EC3 & Tyrus promo.

*Bram def. Tommy Dreamer in a hardcore match. Magnus interfered until Al Snow made the save.

*Kurt Angle comes out to address MVP's attack. MVP interrupts and says he's tired of TNA and Angle. Angle attacks him until Kenny King makes the save. MVP & King beat up Kurt until Mr. Anderson saves. Lashley comes down and spears Anderson. Roode runs out and clears the ring then poses with the championship.

Tons of stuff happening here. Happy for Taryn and look forward to seeing that even if it was an oddly short reign for Havok.

I believe Samoa Joe's contract runs out in December, I'm not saying it's related but I'm not sure they get to tape him in advance so they can show him after contract expiry. This is a sign they haven't agreed a renewal yet....and let's face it, if they cut Bully Ray, the chances of them renewing Joe are not that high. Judging from the burger on his Twitter I'm not sure he's going to NXT, but Bullet Club/ROH has to be a strong possibility.

Sure, but he obviously charges more than Devon or Dreamer since they only had him do the last match of the tag series. They're clearly phasing him out, assuming there will actually be more tapings - which is looking sketchy at this point.

As long as they have strong sales for the UK shows, I think we'll see them move heaven and earth to carry on at least until then.

• 1 month later...

Loved having the champion and challenger come in logically, with Roode greeting fans and Lashley being the confident Rousey-esque badass. MVP/King vs. Joe/Ki was excellent. It may not have been as highlight-filled as Ricochet-Mundo from Lucha Underground, but it was still a fine showcase for Low-Ki and MVP. Ki looked so great with his kicks and I adored his dropkick variant of the Pounce. Didn't need to see Devon's forehead in HD after it though, or anything teasing more of him and Bram. I loved Bram cutting his promo from the apron though - that stood out in a good way. Aimless brawling in front of dozens, with two guys chanting ECW didn't do much for me. Magnus's star has fallen so far, it's almost sad.

OH MY GOD THE SHARK BOY SKIT WAS AMAZING. Then Taryn had a fun match with the BPs where they did the Rayne short stop tag bit, but gave her surface-level reasons instead of just doing the turn. It made the turn predictable, but not insultingly so. Madison's wacky faces on the apron afterwards were hilarious too. The whole night of Lashley ass-whooping videos ruled. OH MY GOD EVERYTHING WITH THE REVOLUTION SUCKED. Eddie-Storm was okay, but Jesus was the whole angle terrible. Eddie and Davey are such bad actors, and Manik trying to convince Davey to go to the dark side by whispering sweet nothings and making weird faces didn't help - but it made it funnier. Whoever let Angle come out like an unmade bed should be fired. Roode-Lashley had another very good match. It was a bit overbooked, but still put Roode over strong. Can't help but love seeing the Bret-Bulldog finish revived too. Great show overall outside of the Revolution stuff. I wasn't coming in with high expectations, but it did an excellent job of hyping the main event throughout the show and then setting up a future rematch.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-wrestling-10-29-14.html

Screens -

d0559e361031511.jpg

dc5104361034180.jpg

bff6ac361031552.jpg

f092fe361033948.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/b7p4h9o3bahhm64urwb6tl8drwexgh9s

Man EC3 is awesome. He's a cocky heel, but he's also kind of a psychopath, and not in the fake Orton way. I hope he gets a WWE contract once TNA totally gets their TV deal. Also, your babyface is mounting an intense comeback in the semi-main event of the show? Better plug Dixie's twitter.

I was so very sad watching Roode deliver this seemingly-big promo in front of a few hundred people. Then MVP and Lashley came out looking absolutely ri-goddamn-diculous and I laughed my ass off. Love MVP saying Lashley was only champion due to him hurting his knee, then getting the match Lashley wanted. Good stuff from Joe and Ki backstage. Joe and Ki vs. The Hardys was a very good match. Everyone did their stuff and it was all really well-done. Not a classic, but pretty damn good overall. 

A SAMUEL SHAW RETROSPECTIVE! OH MY GOD! Everything involving this Gunner-Shaw-Brittany thing sucked outside of Brittany's acting being hilarious and her ass being nice. Shera video made him come off like someone who could become a star. Tag team hardcore match was 15 minutes of nothing. Gail's very green-lit promo was odd, but an okay setup to the KOs title match. Spud's promo was simply fantastic. Holy shit. He took this dead crowd and brought them to life something fierce. He had them hooked on everything he said and it was so great. Then EY came out to save him and it was less great, but they've got something special in Spud. 

Gail-Havok's tease was a nothing brawl outside of the bump off the ramp, which is questionable in front of so few people. The actual match was fantastic though. It was really rough in spots, like all Havok matches, but Gail pulled through here to deliver a solid Sting-Vader formula match. The World title match was short, but really good. MVP shined here, and I liked them setting Lashley up as a dominant threat again with the post-match spear.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/tna-impact-wrestling-11-5-14.html

Screens -

f0b265362531707.jpg

b323ca362531725.jpg

7f0c86362531719.jpg

a23434362534265.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/fvjclza8i8wjh2zo8kemvdx87y8r0sff