DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 10/1 from 9/16

Impact tapings from 9/16, likely airing some 10/1 and some 10/8

*Taped for Xplosion: Crazzy Steve def. Robbie E

TNA Impact Wrestling

*Samoa Joe def. Austin Aries via submission

*Ethan Carter III (w/ Rockstar Spud) def. Eric Young

*MVP (w/ Kenny King) def. Mr. Anderson (w/ Chris Melendez)

*Havok vs. Gail Kim went to a no contest when Havok caught Gail off the apron and slammed her to the outside causing the ref to throw up the X and Gail to be helped to the back.

*The Hardyz, The Wolves, & Team 3D promo sets up the tag team series final to be a Full Metal Mayhem match.

*Manik (w/ James Storm) def. Shark Boy

*Havok def. Gail Kim to win the TNA Knockouts Championship. Gail came back out with a heavily bandaged shoulder to finish the match.

*Madison Rayne def. Angelina Love & Taryn Terrell to become #1 contender.

*Bram def. Samuel Shaw in a hardcore match. Afterwards, Brittany came out to check on Shaw.

*James Storm & The Great Sanada def. Tigre Uno & Low Ki

*Ethan Carter III fired Rockstar Spud and introduced Brodus Clay, who laid out Spud.

*Bobby Roode def. MVP & Kenny King in a handicap elimination match to earn another world title shot. Roode pinned MVP and then beat King by DQ when Lashley interfered.

I really liked Dixie's heel group from the beginning of this year.  Magnus as champ, EC3 as jealous nephew, and Spud as the sniveling toadie.

Who would've thought as the year went on that Magnus would go from being World Champion to the lesser member of The Ascension's never seen sidekick.

I really liked Rhino with EC3 and Spud too.

I don't know about babyface Spud.  I think he's a lot better as a heel.

EC3 and the former Funkasaurus vs. Spud and Dave Mastiff in England could be pretty fun though.

Looks like Pete is finally getting his wish

Maybe. I'd have some more confidence in it if Spud got tired of EC3's shit and broke out on his own rather than him getting dropped like a bad habit and then getting laid out again the next night. Time shall tell...

• 2 weeks later...

The opening Roode-Lashley video was good, and followed up by the best X Title match in quite a while between Joe and Aries. The crowd shots during the setup for this were scary, but God bless 'em, they worked their asses off to have a fantastic match. I loved all the unique counters and stuff they did here - it made me want to do the match in a game immediately. EC3 and Spud were just fantastic with their spat tonight. I loved loved loved Spud saying he got his haircut to match EC3 - it's such an adorable little touch. EC3-EY was a good little match too, and I liked the distraction finish setup being a swerve and EC3 actually winning with his move after a low blow. Good heel work - there's next to nothing to actually like about this guy. Hopefully, he gets back in WWE - he'd be perfect as an IC-level guy right now. The Gail-Havok brawl was really good overall. It got sloppy at points, but was an effective way to show that they have some chemistry together, and further get Havok over as a killer.

Whoever scripted the legends, especially Bully Ray, so probably Bully Ray, to absolutely bury the Wolves can fuck right off. They're A - THE CHAMPIONS B - UNDER CONTRACT and like that damned 3D-Steiners thing, all 3D and now the Hardys did is talk about how great the past was. After everyone talked about how many touchdowns they scored in a single game at Polk High, Davey rightfully told these guys to fuck off, that they're the team of today, and then they still looked like chumps because Kurt came out to boss them around. Plus, the Wolves looked like they came right out of a thrift store with their clothes. Manik-Shark Boy was an awful showcase for Manik since Shark Boy got old, is fat now, really out of shape, and couldn't even do corner mount punches without getting tired. This went a few minutes and still dragged on. Shark Boy's got nothing left even as a comedy squash guy. MVP-Anderson was two guys going through the motions of an '07 SD midcard match, with the distraction finish of a 2014 one. Roode's "one more match" stuff was pretty annoying, but set up a nice face turn for Lashley if he re-signs. Gail-Havok was a fun little match. Havok's cleavage was out of control throughout, but other than doing the shoulderbreaker to the wrong arm, there was really nothing wrong with it. It told a nice David vs. Goliath story, and I liked that she won after chokeslamming her on the bad shoulder.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-10-1-14.html

Screens -

Good so far...
77bd4c355037261.jpg

OH GOD!
9844e8355037263.jpg

Impact of Honor

a05c82355037268.jpg

8a434a355039758.jpg

cd2c8b355045961.jpg

c7fb5d355046028.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ao1yf79txs432cxk0yqro3y1vb09cemn

EC3-EY was a good little match too, and I liked the distraction finish setup being a swerve and EC3 actually winning with his move after a low blow. Good heel work - there's next to nothing to actually like about this guy. Hopefully, he gets back in WWE - he'd be perfect as an IC-level guy right now.

I disagree, he's very good.

EC3-EY was a good little match too, and I liked the distraction finish setup being a swerve and EC3 actually winning with his move after a low blow. Good heel work - there's next to nothing to actually like about this guy. Hopefully, he gets back in WWE - he'd be perfect as an IC-level guy right now.

I disagree, he's very good.

:D

Yes...it was quite unexpected.

So what was the deal with Shark Boy? Him literally running out of gas had me laughing. Still can't believe hes doing the Austin parody six years after it stopped being funny. I like James Storm as a low rent Bray Wyatt. But man I was thinking why did he resign with TNA. The money can't be that good for him. Sure he gets SERG to sing his theme songs, but they have squandered him for years now.

Gail vs. Havok was such a fun brawl. That hammer lock slam to the ground made me cringe. It was that good. The only thing I didn't get was Gail puts her in the figure four post and she breaks on five. Why not keep the damn hold on and take the disqualification if you're trying to hurt her for hurting you. Havok as the Vader of the Knockouts division should be fun. It's a shame they got rid of ODB because out of Gail and maybe Taryn (for the really underdog in peril aspect) I don't think there's anyone who can have a good match with her. Will be fun to see her murder The Beautiful People though.

Bobby Roode emulating One More Match Christian was just so sad. It's just amusing how MVP is doing what he's doing like he was the world champion anyway. MVP as world champion in the summer might have been another missed oppurtunity for them. I just will never buy Lashley as intimidating.

MVP as champion would've been horrible. Dude has only looked good in one TNA match, and that was the Low-Ki one. It's hard to believe that Storm wasn't just a World Champion, but felt like he could be a real crossover star...and then we got to see his push unravel bit-by-bit. I guess it's nice when the company outlines such a clear path down the card for historical significance since it makes it much easier to research what went wrong, but goddamn did they ever ruin him.

• Like 1

Really liked all the Gail/Havok stuff throughout the show, very effective. Thought Havok looked excellent, the best she's come across since her earlier WSU days around 3-4 years ago. Cool to see the knockouts main event the show too, made the title change seem like a bigger deal. Good brawl with good spots, could see the feud having some longevity to it similar to Gail/Kong if they continue.