DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK THREE

RIPPA

The amount of Skins fans calling Kirk Cousins the Tom Brady to RG3's Drew Bledsoe shouldn't be stunning to me but here we are...

I'm a Redskins fan and I think it's completely ridiculous. Let's see how he does when he has to go against a non-Jacksonville team that's gameplanned specifically for him.

I think it was really interesting seeing the NFL media this week, how many of them have turned on Griffin and were running with the "Cousins is the better style for this offense anyway" angle. Seems like a bit of a hivemind thing.

Almost all NFL analysis is the same hivemind thing.  If you watch enough ESPN/NFL Network/pregame/postgame NFL analysis you won't hear many desenting opinions.  The crazy thing is there is a pretty decent amount of data to compare the two guys and RGIII is clearly better as a passer.  Cousins has a significantly lower completion percentage, throws more interceptions, and less touchdowns. RGIII has missed enough time that we see how these two guys compare to each other, but people seem to forget how bad Cousins was last year. 

If there is one thing worse than a healthy RGIII and the over-analysis on every station of his considerable flaws as a quarterback, it's an injured RGIII and the over-analysis on every station of his considerable flaws as a QB.

That's before you factor in the universal American past time of building up people only to destroy them later. . . 

I honestly don't understand how the hell Rob Ryan keeps getting defensive coordinator jobs.  

He gets some leeway for his stint as Raiders DC due to how horrible the offense was, and the fact he was forced to trot 100-year old Ted Washington out there as his nose tackle, but regardless, it's not like his Oakland defenses were unstoppable monsters.

He ends up in Cleveland, which makes sense as Cleveland would be a tough sell for most coordinator candidates who weren't damaged goods, and he stinks up the joint there as well.

Next it's on to Dallas, where he's a disaster and is the first time he's fired independently of the rest of the coaching staff.

So after that, how the fuck does he get the Saints job?  Even Mike Greenburg was baffled by the hiring, pointing out that Ryan had failed at every other stop in his career.

He is a Ryan and there are still enough old boy types out there where he can still get a job in the league.

The year he got hired the Saints D was the worst in the history of the NFL.  That was after the bountygate stuff when the Saints had a D that thrived on turnovers.

• Like 1

I think the Eagles win that division without too much trouble this year but they are a funny team. In that, I think if they don't have a top 5 offense in the league I don't see them having much hope, because they are going to give up a whole bunch of points.

30-27 over Indy is probably not that far off a template score for them.