DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-15-14

MGFanJay

Speaking of Raw racism, JBL ripping off Stephen Colbert as a "person who doesn't see color" for R. Ziggler is insultingly disingenuous. Especially coming from a rich white male Fox correspondent. I guess you could consider it self-parody, but it just makes me change the channel. 

Wait...are you saying JBL actually knows that R-Truth is black?!

I'm more outraged at the bullshit that some of you guys are coming up with to be "offended" by. 

calling someone a monkey = racist.

R-Truth being a fake Dolph = racist.

JBL being a rich white guy saying ANYTHING about a black person, well, obviously that  = racist.

Er, calling a Samoan man a dumb monkey, right down to acting like an ape for effect, is absolutely racist.

Even the most ignorant crusty old white southerner would probably recognize that by now. Not sure why WWE can't and why you think people are overreacting by calling it what it was.

• Like 4

I don't see the fake Ziggler bit with Truth to be racist. Then again I wasn't really watching the match to begin with. The notion that Billy Gunn is there is perfect for Ziggler but people would think "wow Dolph is Billy's kid" and no one wants to make people think that Ziggler could be Billy's kid. He's got enough problems in the company. He doesn't need to be Billy Gunned like that.

I'm more outraged at the bullshit that some of you guys are coming up with to be "offended" by. 

calling someone a monkey = racist.

R-Truth being a fake Dolph = racist.

JBL being a rich white guy saying ANYTHING about a black person, well, obviously that  = racist.

Er, calling a Samoan man a dumb monkey, right down to acting like an ape for effect, is absolutely racist.

Even the most ignorant crusty old white southerner would probably recognize that by now. Not sure why WWE can't and why you think people are overreacting by calling it what it was.

He also called him a neanderthal. 

But again, i didn't see the comment as racist. No one cares that Roman is Samoan, other than Seth calling him "half Samoan" and the Shield special, it's never brought up.

But I guess it was a poor choice of words if people are offended.

I don't see the fake Ziggler bit with Truth to be racist. Then again I wasn't really watching the match to begin with. The notion that Billy Gunn is there is perfect for Ziggler but people would think "wow Dolph is Billy's kid" and no one wants to make people think that Ziggler could be Billy's kid. He's got enough problems in the company. He doesn't need to be Billy Gunned like that.

Neither does anyone else really. It was just a way for that poster to try to slide in a "Fox News is racist!" cheapshot.

I liked Cesaro teasing they Swing and then deciding the fans didn't deserve to see it, as well as taunting Sheamus with the Clubbing Blows. It's just simple heel stuff, but at least it makes it feel like he's got a character again besides "guy we send out to make the guys we're actually pushing look good."

I thought the divas tag was pretty good. Brie and Paige have way more chemistry than Paige and AJ. Loved the Rack on Brie. Tho I think Btue has gotten good at selling moves without going overboard. But weird timing, ending the match right when the crowd was getting into the baby face comeback/hot tag at end.

I don't think early 80's hardcore is sleazy enough for Dean Ambrose. He should be listening 70's NY heroin punk like Johnny Thunders and Richard Hell.

Really he should pull a CM Punk and get Vince to pay for "Sonic Reducer" for his theme music...

Weird. I was JUST thinking that Ambrose strikes me as a hardcore Dead Boys fan.

Yes, pay all the monies for Sonic Reducer. I would lose my shit over that and then laugh at idiots online who think that WWE fucked up a Beastie Boys song.

The moment the show opened to Heyman standing in the ring and a dead crowd I knew this was going to be a long night. 

There is nothing I like on the show right now. I even get annoyed when the Usos are wearing t-shirts during their matches now. It's bad. And I know WWE thinks I'm the kind of person who is going to watch anyway but I haven't been watching. I fast forwarded through the whole show with the exception of the Brock/Cena interaction

I'd rather be watching the network. Last night the ppv of choice was Bad Blood 2003. It occurred to me that the Dudleys were more over than today's entire roster. It's bad. 

• Like 1

For fuck's sake, the lyrics to Sonic Reducer are "I don't need anyone, Don't need no mom and dad, Don't need no pretty face, Don't need no human race, I got some news for you, Don't even need you too!"

That is the perfect theme music for Ambrose. COME ON WWE! DO IT FOR US!

• Like 2

Why was Lawler doing heel commentary during The Miz match? That was weird.

Weird, yes, but fucking GREAT compared to Lawler's usual commentary. If they're going to keep trotting him out there I wish they'd have him go full heel.

Miz and Sandow lying against the guardrail in the same position post-match had me rolling. Highlight of the show.

How do you go out of your way to train at NXT and GET WORSE, Cameron?

She didn't, the dude said going to NXT would be quitting.

So we are not going to talk about Seth Rollins describing roman Reigns as a dumb gorilla in 2014.      :blink:

Because he's dumb and big. 

And comparing the guy to a primate is just fine.  OOOOOKKKKKAAAAAAYYYY. :wacko:

10.jpg

So Heyman is going to have Cena arrested for assault (headlock to take him to the back) and false inprisonment to build so drama around there match right? Having them cut back to the outside to see if Cena made it to the area for the match, Brock bullying the ref to start a ten count only for Cena to slip in the ring from the crowed in a white stripped jump suit at the 8 count?

To clarify, and then I'm shutting my mouth on the topic:

It's not that JBL pretending to not notice the difference between Truth and Ziggler is poking a hornet's nest offends me, it's more offensive because it's painfully unfunny and him and Jerry are sitting there chortling like it's high comedy and they are doing an Abbott and Costello bit. I can see it being one of Vince's favorite jokes on the show (because he has a terrible sense of humor) and them playing along just because he's cracking up over the headphones. JBL is obviously playing a character and if I was that thin-skinned I couldn't possibly be a wrestling fan with the shit that has gone on over the years. On Fox, no comment.

I will shut up now and apologies to Rippa for poking the hornet's nest myself. Let's let this one lay please.