DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-15-14

MGFanJay

The peak of the first half hour of the show was Heyman singing Cena's theme 2 minutes in, then Cena came in and was an asshole. He then mocked Khali, who kindly offered to guard his locker room. Somehow, a camera man was in there with Heyman - maybe Khali let him in. Jericho had a match that refused to move forward or end for seemingly years. Jericho won when Kane's exposed buckle idea was used against him. One of the guys got busted up, maybe Kane, who had marks all over him. Renee asked Roman a stupid question and he responded. With. Words. Cole plugged the Austin show and got the site's name wrong. Bo faced Swagger in a bad match with a clean submission finish. This was pretty much the entirety of a skippable first hour. Divas tag was bad, but Paige's ass was nice. Bray-Show was nothing and had a shitty non-finish. Cesaro/Dust Bros vs. Sheamus/Dusts was fun-ish, but not too memorable. Cesaro lost, so he's winning at the PPV.  Loved Brock coming to defend his friend from an asshole who kidnapped him and then sneak-attacked the champ. Cameron-Naomi was awful, while Seth-Roman was pretty good. I have no idea why we need a rematch at the PPV beyond it already being booked since the face won clean. The USA USA bit closing the show was bizarre.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-raw-9-15-14.html

Screens -

No wonder this phone couldn't get reception

ed016e351598809.jpgBr

38e15d351598016.jpg

06edc5351598230.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/1snntqwhik66jz2chj3mfvoyrq60xdgz

Wait.  So a week before their PPV they have a Mark Henry be the first guy to break Rusev's unbreakable hold...on Raw, not even in a match...by a guy who's going to lose to Rusev anyway.  

And they have Roman Reigns cleanly and decisively beat the guy he's having a one-on-one match against...so we'll all be excited about them wrestling in six days in order to prove....what exactly?

Fuck that.  I like Henry, but I hate that he was reduced to a school child's wide-eyed stammering about his country.  Dude talks better shit than almost anyone and I was excited to see what he'd do...but nope...the Patriot angle is the pathway to blandness.

• Like 1

Really interesting strategy by putting the main event angle during halftime of the football game and even promoting that it will happen during halftime.  Then closing the show with Henry/Rusev when the football game will be in the fourth quarter.  Wonder if that will continue throughout the football season.

Raw is just shit these days and I 100% blame the booking and writers. I'm looking forward to the heroic Brock Lesnar( who came to the aid of his fallen friend) getting revenge on the asshole who kidnapped, held hostage, and shoved down a 49 year old father of two before going on to cheap shot Lesnar from behind after Lesnar has disposed of him.

I knew Reigns would get a clean win over Rollins before Dean came back, but did they have to do it six days before  their ppv match? Fucking dog shit booking all night. That was a heck of a carry job by Seth. That bump into the chairs was nuts.

I'm being a negative clod tonight but Goddamn, did Cena suck.  Brock hits him with a sweet suplex and Cena comes back with the devastating "push into the ring!!!" followed by the equally devastating "PUSH INTO THE PADDED WALL!!!!" which Brock has to sell like he's ruined.

I only care about Heyman's not caring one way or another what happens to himself if he can get Cena some day. 

And he gets it, right?  All that talk and Heyman finally remembered Cena's language and made a joke about testes.  It was like that ringing sound that controlled Bionic Bigfoot

Speaking of shitty scripted promos, after the Del Rio debacle, I'm shocked they had the balls to script that verbiage for Rollins. If Rock was still active in the company, I'm pretty sure he would've beat the ever-loving dogshit out of any dorky writer who was dumb enough to write a promo comparing Samoans to monkeys.

Heyman's overarching mindfuck of Cena was glorious.   Cena looked genuinely confused that he thought he had the upper hand and the whole time Heyman had him played for a fool.

It's going to be a shame when Cena laughs all this off next week after he loses on Sunday.

• Like 1

I don't know it still wouldn't surprise me if Cena wins the title back this Sunday  It would make no sense at all but it wouldn't surprise me

The idea that people are calling the Rollins vs Reigns a "carry job" by Seth really really doesn't make me want to see Roman against Brock or Cena or Taker or any main eventer at Wrestlemania.  His steam is drying up week after week.   Especially if Daniel Bryan comes back around that time

Heyman's overarching mindfuck of Cena was glorious.   Cena looked genuinely confused that he thought he had the upper hand and the whole time Heyman had him played for a fool.

It's going to be a shame when Cena laughs all this off next week after he loses on Sunday.

I love that he kept finding places to slip in "Hit me, John. Hit me hit me hit me..come on...Come on, John Hiiiiit meeeeeee..."

The problem is this is the fifth of sixth time someone has taken that angle on Cena and nothing happens and nothing changes.

How do you go out of your way to train at NXT and GET WORSE, Cameron?

She didn't, the dude said going to NXT would be quitting.

So we are not going to talk about Seth Rollins describing roman Reigns as a dumb gorilla in 2014.      :blink:

Because he's dumb and big. 

Biggest face pop of the night for me was Rusev interrupting the fucking Pledge. Really weird show but it was enjoyable for the most part, liked the Cena/Lesnar thing, Rusev/Henry was good even though Henry's material sucked. I don't think that should count as Henry breaking the hold because it was never even really on. At this point the match on the PPV with Rollins/Reigns is pretty much being sold on Ambrose coming back and I'm worried that he'll inexplicably turn heel on Reigns. The shittiest thing on the show was Jericho/Kane, Cameron/Naomi is DQ'd because the pin fuck up was hilarious and it had an OK finish.

I am deeply perplexed and troubled by the amount of people who want to see or expect Angle to comeback and feud with Rusev. Maybe I'm in the minority but Angle joined the list with Foley, Flair, and Hogan as guys I never ever want to see wrestle again for fear of seeing something horrific happen, like the pro wrestling version of blood money. I don't read the Observer or anything so I have no idea if this is rooted in fact and that is what is going to happen but I really hope it isn't.

Wait. So a week before their PPV they have a Mark Henry be the first guy to break Rusev's unbreakable hold...on Raw, not even in a match...by a guy who's going to lose to Rusev anyway.

The hold wasn't locked in, so they can still claim the Accolade hasn't been broken.

Tonight was a night of shitty promos. Roman Reigns couldn't even be heard. Rollins was doing shitty comedy. Even guys who are normally good like Cena and Henry couldn't get it together. Heyman was only ok, which is his version of bad.

I'm sorry but I don't wanna see Jericho or Kane in 2014 yet alone them wrestling each other.

It might be the placebo effect but I liked the ending with Henry and Rusev, bizarre but a path in a different direction that made a midcard fued feel important.

September/October Raw's are always garbage, it is what it is. We just haven't got Bryan to rely on to give us something to watch this year.

At this point the match on the PPV with Rollins/Reigns is pretty much being sold on Ambrose coming back and I'm worried that he'll inexplicably turn heel on Reigns.

I had this same horrible, shitty thought when Reigns was winning that.  Like, obviously they are going to screw him over now on Sunday so they had to give him a win tonight...and the announcers dropped the "He dedicated this to his good friend Dean Ambrose" thing.

And you know hos Vince's mind works...with Ambrose not there, getting huge pops every night, Vince is probably thinking "You know that Ambrose just isn't getting a big response lately.  We should change him up..."

"uh, Vince, he's been.."

"Off his game...Yeah...let's do it!"

"Fuck."