DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

You know, I think there's only been two real "Did I really just SEE THAT?" WWE moments this whole year (Taker losing and Seth turning) and there were at least three on this show alone (Finn's entrance, Hideo's attempted GTS, Owens heel turn.)  Quite possibly the best two straight hours the WWE has put out in forever.

So when was the last time WWE actually reignited a feud that another company started? Because that blew my mind that they did that.

RandomAct, on 11 Dec 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Any other show, and we'd all be going crazy over that tag and the ladies match.  I actually loved the KENTA match.  I'm just hoping that WWE doesn't make Devitt paint up for every match.  It should be special.

Ladies match was great. Sasha is the best, and Charlotte looked like she had something to prove to a certain out of touch old guy that booked her to lose in two minutes.

I came in right before the Charlotte/Sasha match and holy Jesus what a great couple of matches to end that show.  I was thinking through the entire women's match about how awesome it would be to see a match like that on the big shows.  Let the ladies wrestle and maybe the crowds will start giving a shit.

Yeah, I'm seeing those people pop up on social media saying they won't watch a "minor league" and it's just the most absurd fucking thing ever. They'll watch indies without issue but they're purposely depriving themselves of something incredibly special by not watching NXT. I love the Network, watch everything on it but NXT is absolutely the biggest selling point for me, I don't think I could live, as a wrestling fan, without it.

Yeah, I'm seeing those people pop up on social media saying they won't watch a "minor league" and it's just the most absurd fucking thing ever. They'll watch indies without issue but they're purposely depriving themselves of something incredibly special by not watching NXT. I love the Network, watch everything on it but NXT is absolutely the biggest selling point for me, I don't think I could live, as a wrestling fan, without it.

I'm increasingly disinterested in the Network. I don't really watch old shows that much, most of the original content sucks, and PPVs have been increasingly disappointing.

NXT, though, is reason enough to pay $9.99.

• Like 1

Hell NXT is so good right now that people are actually hoping that guys don't get elevated to the main roster.  I mean did you ever hear people say "Man I hope John Cena never leaves OVW" or 'Man I hope CM Punk never leaves OVW" .  You wanted to see those guys get to the next level but the current RAW and Smackdown product is so bad that people aren't thinking that

• Like 1

This show was absolutely incredible. Oh my god. The absolute best.

Was Charlotte/Sasha the best WWE Woman's Match? I mean ever. I liked it better than Charlotte/Natalya a lot. I liked it better than Paige/Emma. It was so awesome, with so much stuff you never see the ladies do -- like Sasha's awesome dive, all the crazy spots etc. It felt like an ECW match -- not the hardcore stuff but the 20-30 minutes they'd give to something like Candido vs. Lance Storm.

But that main event was wrestling perfection. I've said a bunch of times this was the best morality play in wrestling in forever. I loved at the end when Sami had the title. A lot of the crowd said no and others were screaming for him. Again, like I said earlier -- this feud made you think about your own ethics and morals. Sami kept true to his inner core and overcame the odds in a fantastic match. Man, that was amazing. I legitimately pumped my fist and jumped off my couch for a few spots and was nuts after the Helluva Kick. Just amazing storytelling from Sami Zayn for the whole year. Damn. He might be the Wrestler Of The Year. He anchored NXT with his journey -- his attempts to beat Cesaro, attempts to beat Tyson and Tyler Breeze, etc.

Owens looked like the next Vader. He's not as big as Vader but that's who he reminded me of. I've seen zero of his stuff. That friggin' powerbomb onto the apron to end the show was like the Millenials version of Vader powerbombing Cactus on the floor.

That's surprising, because all I saw on Twitter were people losing their minds over this show.

You know, I think there's only been two real "Did I really just SEE THAT?" WWE moments this whole year (Taker losing and Seth turning) and there were at least three on this show alone (Finn's entrance, Hideo's attempted GTS, Owens heel turn.)  Quite possibly the best two straight hours the WWE has put out in forever.

So when was the last time WWE actually reignited a feud that another company started? Because that blew my mind that they did that.

I wouldn't know, it's not the same guy.  ;)

But allow me to submit Exhibit A for why this feud is going to rule.

hammerva, on 11 Dec 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Hell NXT is so good right now that people are actually hoping that guys don't get elevated to the main roster.  I mean did you ever hear people say "Man I hope John Cena never leaves OVW" or 'Man I hope CM Punk never leaves OVW" .  You wanted to see those guys get to the next level but the current RAW and Smackdown product is so bad that people aren't thinking that

I'm actually hoping Cesaro gets sent down lol.

• Like 1

It's seriously true. I have two thoughts about a lot of the guys on this show:

1) I don't want to see them leave. All the PPV's are on the network anyway.

2) I'd love to see WWE start up a second developmental company so we can keep people from getting stale and can just send them there instead of the main roster. Switch them back over after they had a run and give more indy guys full time gigs. The more guys you have, the better chance you'll find a superstar.

NXT pretty much justifies the 9.99 a month.

This was the first time I've seen Balor with the cosplay paint on and was highly impressed.  It popped the fuck out of the crowd and he really played it up.  For a second I thought Delerious was coming out .  That was also easily the best Ascension match I've seen.  The move where Connor pulled Balor off the apron to keep Itami from making a tag was a really clever move.  I think they can hold their own on the main roster if they get some seasoning the the Dust Bros.

Just finished the replay and, hot damn, that was the best wrestling show outside Mania I've seen all year. I love the crowd going all in on the Vaudvillains - hands down my fave gimmick in wrestling right now. Finn's look was incredible - Connor's facial sell when he came out was fantastic. Best woman's match I've seen since Charlotte-Nattie, and probably a bit better, Sasha is gonna be such a star - they both will as long as the idiots booking 2 minute squashes on Raw leave them alone. And Sami-Neville was just the perfect match.

Pretty much the only thing I didn't like was Roman showing up. There's like no escaping that goof. He's literslly becoming the WWE's version of Poochie.

• Like 3

Seriously -- I have such an adrenaline rush from that show, still. Sami's win is the type of story that only professional wrestling can tell and why it's my favorite type of performance art. It's an athletic contest that solves differences between two foes that tells a story about morality. That was the best.

• Like 1

I don't know how a person can watch NXT and go back to watching WWE weekly programming. I can't. Same with the Women's Division vs. The Divas. Even with some quality talent, Divas matches are treated like a piss break, while the Women are a "Main Event". Matches are better. Stories feel more engaging and driven. It's so simple.

I legit hate that I pay the WWE 9.99 a month. I'd rather send the check to Sami Zayn.

I spent a good couple minutes explaining to my wife why I was freaking out over two guys staring at each other in the locker room.  It was so obvious yet so subtle at the same time.  I am torn on if I'd rather they do this feud now or should they have a waited a while.  I see a good case for both options, but I can only imagine where this is going.  It seems like they're going in the right direction with this feud so far.  I was attempting to cool down after they started walking to the back, then Owens turns on him.  Perfect way to end the show.

SirFozzie, can't speak for others but I'll be sure to watch it again, and with a smile.  Get well soon, man.