DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Other than the Bushwhackers I couldn't think of any tag team I'd want to have a butt baby less

Edit: I totally read that post wrong. Oh well

This post is fantastic, no sarcasm intended.

• Like 1

I am sure that it's a schtick that will grow tired and stale really quickly and will flop horrendously on the main roster, but I love everything about the Vaudevillians gimmick.

This week's silent film vignette on the Lucha Dragons was amazing.

Shoot, you could put a black mask with red trim on Bull and then stick another big dude with long hair and rough features with him and call them Tex Slazenger Jr. and Shanghai Pierce's bastard son, Laredo Pierce.

That would immediately be my favorite tag team in the company. 

Wesley Blake & Buddy Murphy are right there, no need for butt-babying. Texicans Tres Mil, let JBL manage 'em, starting a new trios division.

longhorn,

RAF

p.s. - the idiom "butt-baby" as a verb <copyright*trademark*patent pending*prior use>

• Like 1

My 17 year-old niece has been watching NXT. I think I have posted about it before.

She really likes Sami Zayne, she says he's the "hipster good guy".

I guess she watched the interview on this week's show because she texted me this:

"I don't like that Sami hit that guy! He's the good guy and good guys dont do that. Not cool!"

So I think the story is working.

• Like 1

Bull's singlet is a tribute to Taz according to some interview on WWE.com a while back.  It looks really shitty on him though.  I kind of want him and Mojo to come up to Raw and just get destroyed by the crowd.

They would be a fantastic jobber team for the Steiners to eat in 1993.

I've always thought Dempsy looked like one of those larger than average jobbers that would get trashed by The Undertaker or some other big guy on an early 90s episode of Superstars.  He's grown on me a bit since then though.

Everybody is glossing over the fact that they announced the return of Corey Graves at the Takeover pre-show where he will address his future! Corey Graves returns!!

Oh, believe me, I haven't came down since I heard the news. I wanna see him kick Finn Balor's ass a bit.

I can't remember a feud like Sami/Neville.

You could build an ethics seminar around this whole storyline.

Sami's the protagonist. His journey is what has anchored the main event NXT scene for the past several months. He had to overcome every foe who defeated him to get a title shot.

Neville's such an interesting antagonist. Is he smug and sanctimonious? Or is he just incredibly confident?

What one thinks about how he has kept his title is up to you. He didn't do anything illegal in his victories over Sami. He pulled out a referee before the two count. He used an injury and Sami's concern and referee confusion (does the "X" sign mean a match is over?) to win in their last match. He's given Sami another shot. And he's right to not worry himself about ending Sami's career -- Sami made that stipulation, so that's on him.

But has he acted ethically? That's on us to decide individually.

And how should Sami react? Should Sami beat Neville using his own sense of fairplay. Or should he fight fire with fire? He cheapshotted Neville with a slap at the end of the last show. Did he betray his good nature doing so? Or is he finally standing up for himself against someone who has cheated him before?

That's also on us to decide individually.

It's the best morality play in wrestling in ages. But that whole dimension on us to determine what's right and wrong -- I can't remember a feud with that added element. A+.

• Like 3