DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

I would like to see a Neville heel run. This is the first time he's been the least bit interesting to me so I see nothing wrong with trying him out as a heel before he gets called up. I don't see any way Zayn could get booed in NXT, but if he can pull it off it would be amazing. There's so many ways they could go with the main event especially when you throw Steen into the mix.

I'm looking forward to 12/11 much more than Survivor Series. Hell nobody has even talked about Sasha/Charlotte, and that has WWE women's moty potential.

July 24th 2014 NXT episode: Tyler Breeze beats Mojo with one move because Mojo is a dummy. Summer Rae vs. Charlotte for the title was good but I felt it underachieved and they have a better match in them. Rusev vs. Neville could have beaten the monster but Breeze smartly injected himself to soften Neville up for his future title shot.

Sami's promo at the end as absolute money. He's right at the point where he's about shattered -- if he can't beat Neville, then he doesn't want to go any further in his career. It's a bit of a twisted way to look at the world. After all, there are countless wrestlers who reached icon status without ever winning the big gold. But to Sami, that's the pinnacle of all of the hours he's put in, and if he can't have it, nothing else matters. (Like my buddy in college who decided to transfer because the girl he was seeing ended up dating another guy instead. I mean, yeah, that stuff sucks but is it really worth moving across the continent for? Do you really need THAT much of a fresh start?)

Neville doesn't want to end Sami's career. But he's ruthless and cold and calculating. He will if he has to. There's nothing really wrong about that, either -- Sami made the stipulation. But he can live with himself either way. Sami can't.

I really, really, really don't want Sami to turn heel. Is it worth it if he wins on Neville's terms? If Sami can't win in a fair fight, than can anyone? Why even continue to play if the only way to win is to do so via sleazy measures?

This is the best morality play in wrestling right now.

It would be refreshing if neither of them turn. If they go all out at Takeover, only to have Neville realize he's going to have to cheat to win, finally refuse to do it, and then lose cleanly to his friend, that would be perfect. Honestly, it's a finish we rarely get, 'grr I lost' heel turns are boring and predictable, and both guys are so money as underdog babyfaces on the main roster.

The Bret Hart vs. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper match at WrestleMania is one of the best examples of this type of match. Such an awesome story, where Piper refuses to abide by his inner demons despite the temptation, only to cost him the IC Title. Super underrated match

Which I've never watched for some reason. 

TO THE NETWORK!

One of my favorite storytelling matches of all time, along with Savage-Flair on the same show.  Helped that it was the first Mania I saw live.

Maybe i have missed something along the way, but what exactly is the Ascension's gimmick supposed to be?

I thought at one point it was hinted they were vampires or something...early on.

Not the first stable influenced by White Wolf rpgs. The first thing I thought when I saw the name and video was Mage: The Ascension with a bit of fallen angels slant.

July 31st 2014 NXT episode: Breeze vs. Neville build with Neville getting some revenge on Breeze. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch I guess Becky is an Irish Lita without the lucha based offense. Good ground work between the two and would be real fun if they got a 15 minute match where the K-Nox got to so what she can really do. Mojo and Bull became a tag team for upcoming tag tournament. Bayley cuts a promo reminding us that she pinned Charlotte and Charlotte tells her bitch you better kept my name out your mouth. Kidd vs. Rose furthers the divide betwixt Nattie and Tyson in NXT/Total Divas.  

July 31st 2014 NXT episode: Breeze vs. Neville build with Neville getting some revenge on Breeze. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch I guess Becky is an Irish Lita without the lucha based offense. Good ground work between the two and would be real fun if they got a 15 minute match where the K-Nox got to so what she can really do. Mojo and Bull became a tag team for upcoming tag tournament. Bayley cuts a promo reminding us that she pinned Charlotte and Charlotte tells her bitch you better kept my name out your mouth. Kidd vs. Rose furthers the divide betwixt Nattie and Tyson in NXT/Total Divas.  

I don't get this. MGFan and Gregggggggg reviewed these when they actually happened with about a billion words.

Another really good week.

The main event was really great. Tyson Kidd put on another fantastic performance -- "ASK HIM IN IRISH!". Finn Balor was awesome, too. They had a match that was really high-end and wonderful. I hope they have a rematch at some point. I liked the booking. Kidd's at the WWE/NXT relegation zone. This sets up Finn as his equal (at least) immediately. The Ascension vs. Itami/Finn feud has been built up so well. I want to see these four dudes tear each other apart for a good 30 minutes.

I'm really excited for Kevin Owens. He looks so different than anyone else.

I'm guessing Bayley evens up the odds or what have you in the Charlotte match. Unless they wrote her out for a while with a knee injury.

Kidd has deserved a chance at a run since he can play the cocky douche so well. I really hope he and Breeze team up at some point. They'd go great together. ASK HIM IN IRISH had me dying.

A proper brainbuster in the WWE for the first time in forever and the PBP guy calls it a brainbuster suplex? The hell?

My problem with the Lucha Dragons is that I know they're capable of things that are a lot better than what I see and I'm not sure who's gonna bring that out of them.

The Vaudevillains short film was tremendous.

Bring on Kevin Owens.

That Tyson/Nattie promo was really funny. "But I'm putting you over..."

And of course the Vaudevillains' silent film was great. It's those kind of things that make you wonder how developmental-level creative guys can make a midcard act really stand out with just one hour of tv a week, but the main roster creative powers can't do anything for anybody with 5 hours a week (7 if you include the jobber shows).

• Like 2

The Vaudevillans short film was the greatest. Encore.

The crowd doing the Peter Griffin 'ouch' chant when Bailey was selling her knee was brilliant too.

THANK YOU.

I was wondering what the fans were chanting to during that segment, it is so obvious now you point it out. Wasn't completely into it which is why I missed the reference.

I think Marcus Louis might be my least favorite act in the entire WWE right now.

This entire storyline with his hair has been going on for far too long. Is this leading to anything? I can't imagine to what. Is it supposed to be funny? If it is, it isn't.

That Tyson/Nattie promo was really funny. "But I'm putting you over..."

And of course the Vaudevillains' silent film was great. It's those kind of things that make you wonder how developmental-level creative guys can make a midcard act really stand out with just one hour of tv a week, but the main roster creative powers can't do anything for anybody with 5 hours a week (7 if you include the jobber shows).

Because, as far as I can tell, NXT creative are "wrestling people" as opposed to Hollywood people.