DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

I think pretty moves are going to be enough to bring Neville to the dance. I think he shows a lot of potential, and he has a lot of very crisp movez in the bank - he can ride the Red Arrow for a year, but he has the Flaming Star Press and the 2nd Rope Phoenix Splash ready when he wants to change up. I actually think the latter may play better in main-events as a Lionsault-on-acid.

Neville seems like a guy who would be a solid FIP and a very good hot tag who bounces around the ring landing kicks and flipping onto people. He screams "half of a fun-to-watch high-flying tag team."

I'm also picturing the day that people take things too far and Bailey becomes Crow Bailey.

When woman's heart is full of deceit...

It burns up, dies

And a dark shadows falls over her soul

From the ashes of a once delightful lady, has risen a curse

A wrong that must be righted

We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts

of the ratchet bosses who created her

The battle between good, and evil has begun

Against an army of BFFs, lies the dark warrior

The ponytail of good

With a high five of silence

And a hug of justice

It's Bayley.

• Like 12

I'm also picturing the day that people take things too far and Bailey becomes Crow Bailey.

It burns up, dies

We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts

The ponytail of good

And a hug of justice

It's Bayley.

Someone needs to turn this into a video on youtube as soon as possible.

• Like 4

It burns up, dies

The ponytail of good

And a hug of justice

It's Bayley.

Someone needs to turn this into a video on youtube as soon as possible.

I second this  third even.   

Can anyone do a good little kid voice?

Some cool videos on WWE site about an NXT tryout camp in September 2014.  The only real name is in there was Rich Swann from Dragon Gate.  It also has the blonde guy who was eliminated in the last Tough Enough a couple years ago.  Other than that it is just a bunch of Bill Demott screaming

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/three-days-at-a-wwe-tryout

• Like 1

Some cool videos on WWE site about an NXT tryout camp in September 2014. The only real name is in there was Rich Swann from Dragon Gate. It also has the blonde guy who was eliminated in the last Tough Enough a couple years ago. Other than that it is just a bunch of Bill Demott screaming

I didn't see one shot of any of the guys actually wrestling each other. *Sigh*

Some cool videos on WWE site about an NXT tryout camp in September 2014.  The only real name is in there was Rich Swann from Dragon Gate.  It also has the blonde guy who was eliminated in the last Tough Enough a couple years ago.  Other than that it is just a bunch of Bill Demott screaming

I actually liked that. Makes me realize why KENTA wasn't sure he was going to be picked up when he did the training camp earlier this year when talking about how hard and competitive it was. Anyways for something like this I'm not surprised they avoided a training camp with real names.

I actually kind of enjoyed the crowd counting during the Baron Corbin match, but they "WHAT"-ed Tyler Breeze, which undid any goodwill they might have built up with me.

The show was not that great, but Titus O'Neal's shit-talking and he and Zayn beating the crap out of each other was really fun. I totally missed that the Vaudevillains hid outside the ring until they randomly (at least to me) rolled back into the ring. Glad they're finally bringing Balor in to team with Itami.

The first three quarters of the show was pretty forgettable, but I loved the main event. It looked like Titus was really making Sami fight for his comebacks, made the whole thing looks way more credible. I hope Titus sticks around for a while, I'm liking this run.

SAMI ZAYN and TITUS have a really fun little . I love Sami talking about whether "this is a challenge" and Titus for some reason saying he doesn't do challenges but instead calls it an "open invitation." That is the right kind of smug pretentiousness right here. Sami's facial expression and response -- "See what I have to deal with?" -- are absolutely perfect, especially for Sami's Road to Redemption. He has to deal with nonsense like Titus clowning on him when the only thing he wants is just to get that title.

Here's our TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYALE. There's a lot of people in here. I love Gotch's one-armed save on the ropes. That makes him look so insanely strong. I can get behind a push Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake and whoever he teams with just based on the fact that they wear matching day-glo fringe. Their outfit is so wonderfully 1980s. I love CASS screaming HOW YOU DOIN! while Connor does some primal yell. Enzo has some good babyface fire. Viktor KILLS him with a clothesline. Dear lord. The Ascension tossing Enzo INTO Cass for their elimination was fun. I love HIDEO coming out to lure The Ascension into their elimination. That actually makes some psychological sense. He saw when they were really vulnerable and came out at that point. Of course, Itama has to come running out since he has his hardheaded faceness.

I know it's stupid to run into a 2-on-1 situation again. But he's like a more stoic Sami Zayn -- These guys screwed with his big debut into the promotion; they took out his mentor and they've assaulted him a few times, too. But he has to keep fighting. He's a warrior. Backing down from a 2-on-1 fight is what I'd do in the situation. It's what you would most likely do, too. But that's why Hideo is a warrior and I'm not.

EMMA comes back with her dancing. It's great to see her in the confines of NXT. I love the confused look on her face when CARMELLA'S music comes out. She's great already. She has a hilarious act. The Emma leap frog shtick is great. Carmella checking her nails when sitting on Emma in the ropes is wonderful. Emma's really great in this, fighting out of the body scissors. Carmella trash talking in it is great, too. This was a really solid match in general and exceptional when you consider that this is Carmella's second TV match. I have no idea about her background. Is she from an indie? That actually reminds me that I have no idea about Emma's background. Emma really got someone really new through a very well organized NXT Woman's match.

JUSTIN GABRIEL comes out looking like he just came from a pickup basketball game. For a while, he was coming out with this ridiculous jack with furry wings. That was the best. And here's BULL DEMPSEY. This should be interesting to see a decent hand like Gabriel against a green dude like Bull. DAMN. Gabriel caught him with a shot in the corner. This match really makes sense -- Gabriel's a smart cagey veteran with a style Bull hasn't faced yet. He's in control most of the match until Bull finally catches him with a really rough splash. He then goes to the top and hits a flying headbutt. He's a force of nature wrecking ball and, naturally, can take out a smaller guy without much effort.

Here's BARON CORBIN. He's got a great look and presence and lighting for his introduction. This entrance is really awesome, actually. I have to go back and rewatch the tag match Corbin was in a few months ago against JJ Dillinger Escape Plan during their debut. That match was really good. Corbin again hits the really crazy End Of Days on a guy likely double my size. The crowd counting the length of the match is really great, too.

SYLVESTER LAFORT and his cokehead French disco music come out, now with his terrible evil laugh in the background. MARCUS LOUIS comes running out. Lafort is really funny as a coward. Louis gets some semblance of revenge with his... what was that? Some sort of Rock Bottom thing.

ITAMI now talks and is bringing a friend next week. Awesome. This has been a really fun feud that's advanced a bunch. Itami knows he can't do this alone. He wants to walk tall but the odds are too great. So, now, he's bringing in someone.

Sami's out now. He's the people's champion and it's not even close. I love Albert putting over him seeing a difference in Sami. Titus is really making a concerted effort to look bigger when he wrestles. He's following through with his moves, like a baseball pitcher. He's so big and athletic that it looks so brutal. He's bringing his hands way over his head for his clubs. Titus is looking AWESOME in this match. Great trash talk, too. Sami's doing a great job selling and taking a real awkward bump to the floor. Titus mocking the OLE chant is superb heeling. Titus continues to dominate before Sami catches him in an Exploder Suplex before the Helluva Kick.

This was the best possible usage of Titus. It played to what he's good at -- his strength and his charisma, as seen through his trash talk and stares and disgust and arrogance. But unlike their last battle, this time Sami took what was given to him and won the match. Good stuff. This match isn't anywhere near Sami's best of the year, but this was really good in-ring storytelling.

That's what Sami's better at than anyone right now. He gets over what a match is about -- not arm work or leg work or fighting for a finish. But I mean what the bigger picture of his matches are about. He lost to Titus a few weeks ago. He saw the man he wants to dethrone (a friend/rival) beat Titus. He HAS to beat Titus to move towards what he needs. And he finally did so. And now comes the next part.

We end with Tyler Breeze coming out to challenge Sami for next week. Awesome.

Yeah, there were a couple of duds in the NXT crowd (and you can tell it was just a handful trying to get themselves over). On the other hand, the crowd acting as a stopwatch for Baron's match... wow.

Titus channeling Mark Henry was great (he's shone it before but not as consistantly).

Bull's solid in the ring and seems to show the right charisma but he seriously needs a makeover, nothing about his current look is flattering at all.