DVDVR Message Board

NXT Take over

DJ Hero Morganti

KENTA -- I have never seen Kenta before. The last Japan I watched was some Tokyo Magnum tape from the Clinton years. I saw a few minutes of ROH when it first debuted. I have never seen him before. He came off to me like a total badass dripping with charisma and presence. They way he took out the dominant tag champs was so great. They made him look like a total star right from the start. Him taking off his tie to fight was a moment.

I had never seen him, either.  Only knew his name from reputation.   Now I've seen him and am already invested in his character.  Seems so simple when it is done right.

Bull Dempsey has the potential to some day be my favorite wrestler.  Not sure what his potential is as far as moving up the card, but I dig the guy.  Reminds me of the older vets that would come in as heels during the 1979-1983 WWF when I was just a wee one.

Not much more I can say about Bayley that hasn't already been said.  She stands out.  I want to give her a hug so bad...and I say that in a purely clean and innocent way.  Between the main roster and NXT the WWE has Paige, AJ, Emma, Bayley, Charlotte, and Sasha...all women I enjoy watching immensely.  Best time to be a fan of women's wrestling in the US in a long time.

Enzo and Cass remind me so much of an early '80s NYC public access cable show called The Sal and Frankie Show (with Frankie Salvo and Sal Franco) where the work/gimmick was indistinguishable from the reality, and delighted me in equal measure.

This has been your Reference That No One Else Will Relate To OfTheDay.

thank you,

RAF

p.s. - thee miracle of thee interWebs!:

Edited by TheeReverendAxlFuture
  • Like 3

Enzo has such great personality and Big Cass is so... dull. If Enzo could work a little I could totally see him in a Santino type role on the main roster.

Lucha Dragons should be on the main roster now.

I really don't know why the Legionaires are even employed.

Not sold on Bull Dempsey at all. Don't like Mojo either though.

Darin Corbin needs to work on his look a little and he might be something special.

"Bayley's gonna hug you" might be the best chant ever.

Awesome main event.

That said, who cares, because it was balls out awesome that he got dumped out of the ring and then right away got back into it like a gangster. KENTA is also not as small as I thought he was.

I think the comment someone here made about Bryan Danielson applies to KENTA as well, "he's a giant in the ring".

I love that KENTA realized Alex Riley sucks and just takes over. 

I maintain that Alex Riley comes across as an actor playing a sportscaster. Absolutely nothing genuine about him.

I really hope they give a gimmick to A-Ry where he does interviews and asks no follow-up questions while his subjects stand there awkwardly waiting for a follow-up.

• Like 1

I was slightly confused by the "hero" thing. I've decided that KENTA's name is either a tribute to Juzo Itami who made Tanpopo meaning KENTA just really loves gentle Japanese satire or he's a fan of Hanzo Itami from the Sword of Justice movies who (according to Wikipedia): "ritualistically flagellates his huge penis so as to make it stronger; this exercise is always followed up by Hanzo's practicing sexual intercourse with a bale of rice."

• Like 1

Wow... Way to blow the interview with the guy who is clearly working his ass off to learn English. Kenta kept his composure.

He is going to have to learn a lot more English before he can be given a mic on Raw. The crowd (unless they are in the North East) probably wouldn't have the respect and patience that the NXT UNIVERSE has.

Also heard the shitty CM PUNK chant but didn't realize someone shut it down. Any idea what was said?

Maybe Mojo getting squashed is he chance at a repackage.

Also heard the shitty CM PUNK chant but didn't realize someone shut it down. Any idea what was said?

You can hear and see other fans yelling "NOoooooooooooo" at the CM Punk chanters, and then it died off.

I read Scott Keith's review of the show this morning and stopped reading when he said Charlotte was "exposed" during the match. Holy fucking shit, how can someone be a wrestling fan, especially an old school fan, and actually believe that? I was dumbfounded.

• Like 1

I read Scott Keith's review of the show this morning and stopped reading when he said Charlotte was "exposed" during the match. Holy fucking shit, how can someone be a wrestling fan, especially an old school fan, and actually believe that? I was dumbfounded.

Scott Keith also wrote this about The Ascension

This is probably it for the champs  because clearly they’re going to demolish the Usos on the big stage before the year is out.

Slater & Gator have more chance of beating The Usos; dude knows fuck all about anything except how to have a bad haircut.

Charlotte has her drawbacks, but I don't think this match really exposed them. If anything she avoided them, and laid out a pretty rad match(Or Del Rey did, to which she executed fairly well). The final bit between her and Bayley looking at each other was pretty damn dramatic - as good as whatever bullshit face John Cena is making to the camera.

• Like 1

Scott Keith also wrote this about The Ascension

This is probably it for the champs  because clearly they’re going to demolish the Usos on the big stage before the year is out.

Slater & Gator have more chance of beating The Usos; dude knows fuck all about anything except how to have a bad haircut.

Ascension attacking the Usos the night after Night of Champions and feuding over the belts was the plan to debut them as of three weeks ago.