DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

I went to bed before the Bears game ended and I was pleasantly surprised to see the Bears won and Cutler had no INTs. Not only that, but he threw for 4 TDs!

As to the RB question, I think Ingram could be a top RB if it weren't for the stupid timeshare in Nola. Jesus, it feels like nearly every NFL team has a timeshare situation at RB. Also, Alf Morris should have a decent year.

I also hate foooball right now as does my girlfriend, but at least the Steelers have a 1-1 record. Poor Giants...

I hope Big Blue pulls out a win next week.  Sundays tend to go much better when I do not have to suffer the displaced anger coming from my girlfriend.  She gets mad at me when she should get mad at the non-tackling asses on the G-Men's Special Teams unit.

I got chewed out last night for leaving one coffee cup in the sink.  That was bullshit.

My Panthers are 2-0 and all alone at the top of the NFC South. And I don't see Pittsburgh stopping us next week. We just silenced one of the most prolific offenses of the last ten years and we didn't need the Kraken to do it. Kelvin Benjamin looks like an elite WR already.

Ray Rice? Don't care. AP? Sucks. 

Tune into a Panthers game and forget about the unfortunate realities of the NFL in 2014.

Back off Kevin, wait for his Panthers to get humbled by a real team before trying to bring him back to earth.

Wouldn't be surprised. I had them at 6-10 before the season. Dunno if I was wrong with my opinion as much as they've been playing over their heads. We'll see. For now tho...

2-0

To be something resembling fair, 99.9% of the time the NFL waits for the criminal system to finish, then they suspend, including for pot busts.  I realize people intentionally forget that, but that is their normal MO.  The Vikings only deactivated AD on Sunday due to all the intense pressure after a really bad week in the NFL for off field conduct.

And I have nothing against the Panthers, will be interesting in a few years time to compare Watkins, Benjamin, Beckham, Cooks, and Evans.  Rare for five WRs to do in the first round.

RG3 apparently doesn't need surgery.  He was quoted as saying "He was watching over me."  Religious people drive me up the fucking wall.  Yes Robert, He wasn't watching over women and children getting beaten or the multitudes of players sustaining career shortening concussions yesterday and every week, He was just watching over one overrated player who can't even run without hurting himself.  SMFH.

• Like 2

And we officially have a QB controversy in DC as when asked what the team will do when RG3 is ready to return later this season and Cousins is playing well.

"we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" - Jay Gruden

RG3 apparently doesn't need surgery.  He was quoted as saying "He was watching over me."  Religious people drive me up the fucking wall.  Yes Robert, He wasn't watching over women and children getting beaten or the multitudes of players sustaining career shortening concussions yesterday and every week, He was just watching over one overrated player who can't even run without hurting himself.  SMFH.

RG3 is an easy target, but I don't think that's what he meant.

And we really don't need to have a football thread closed over what could become an argument none of us can win.

You're right.  I should have said "one certain very narcissistic strain of Christianity" instead of "religious people."  There are religious folk who do their thing and don't necessarily believe The Divine Hand of the One True God is literally reaching down to help them in their everyday lives.