DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

As someone who has long despised Goodell for being the slimy weasel he is, the schadenfreude as his corrupt little world crashes down around him is absolutely delightful.

How ironic that the guy who's spent years justifying his ludicrous actions by saying he was "protecting the shield" may end up having to be carried out on it.

Whether he can whether the storm, I would think he may have to appoint someone else for disciplinary matters. . . . 

It is not just having someone else for disciplinary matters.  His actions are governed by the CBA so no matter who you put up there they have to make decisions according to the bylaws of the CBA.

There needs to be a strict conduct policy in the CBA; without that it is meaningless.

Part of the original problem was that the CBA called for a two game suspension.  He has to abide by those guidelines.  Until you get something with real teeth like punishing players for a season for a felony offense or refusing to draft players that have felony arrests it is meaningless.

Part of the original problem was that the CBA called for a two game suspension.  He has to abide by those guidelines.  Until you get something with real teeth like punishing players for a season for a felony offense or refusing to draft players that have felony arrests it is meaningless.

But everybody's got their pitchforks and torches out...

Seriously though, all this "Ooh man Goodell is gonna get fired for sure" shit reminds me of all the people who thought the NCAA was gonna death penalty Penn State...look how that turned out...

But everybody's got their pitchforks and torches out...

Seriously though, all this "Ooh man Goodell is gonna get fired for sure" shit reminds me of all the people who thought the NCAA was gonna death penalty Penn State...look how that turned out...

The leaks make the whole office look bad though. I would think to regain credibility someone might fall on their sword, even if its not Goodell. . . . 

I cannot wait to watch the NFL try and appeal to women during National Breast Cancer Awareness and National Violence Against Women month (October.)

Frankly I'm surprised  those organizations haven't told the NFL where to go yet. . . 

I cannot wait to watch the NFL try and appeal to women during National Breast Cancer Awareness and National Violence Against Women month (October.)

Frankly I'm surprised  those organizations haven't told the NFL where to go yet. . . 

Considering every stadium and uniform is dipped in pink I have a feeling the first one is having long meetings with the NFL and getting an earful from their supporters.

Yes NFL Network - keep on doing your thing...

BxNMpeXIMAAt2gu.jpg

I don't have the NFL Network anymore, so I am a little stump by this. Let me guess, they prattled on about how the Ravens will be affected by the Rice situation. Poor, poor Ravens.

Komen isn't really an organization that has any room to throw stones at anyone...

• Like 3

@RapSheet: .@NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announces ex-FBI director Robert Mueller III will conduct an independent investigation into Rice situation
@RapSheet: The focus of the independent investigation will be handling of the Rice evidence. John Mara & Art Rooney will oversee the investigation. 

I doubt this goes over well with anyone.  Now they look completely out of touch.

Yes NFL Network - keep on doing your thing...

I don't have the NFL Network anymore, so I am a little stump by this. Let me guess, they prattled on about how the Ravens will be affected by the Rice situation. Poor, poor Ravens.

More that the NFL front offices are now the story since the Ravens have done their part and the front offices steadfastly denied having the tape.

Do you see that story anywhere on the crawl?  Do you think you will? :)

Listen to this, it summarizes what everyone not in the NFL front offices feels: 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-09/nfl-s-goodell-in-hot-water-over-handling-of-ray-rice.html

Very good article from Bloomberg but one section stands out more than most.

Goodell told CBS that no one in the league saw the footage from inside the elevator until Sept. 8.

“We had not seen any videotape of what occurred in the elevator,” Goodell said. “We assumed that there was a video. We asked for a video. We asked for anything that’s pertinent. But we were never granted that opportunity.”

.....then later

Revel provided the full video to local and state police, the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office, the state Division of Gaming Enforcement and Rice’s attorney, said Lisa Johnson, a spokeswoman for the hotel.

At the time of Rice’s initial two-game suspension, the NFL said it had reviewed all of the evidence, including video. McCarthy said a request was made to law enforcement for any and all information, including video from inside the elevator.

@RapSheet: .@NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announces ex-FBI director Robert Mueller III will conduct an independent investigation into Rice situation

@RapSheet: The focus of the independent investigation will be handling of the Rice evidence. John Mara & Art Rooney will oversee the investigation. 

I doubt this goes over well with anyone.  Now they look completely out of touch.

While Art Rooney hasn't been known for his pettiness, I can't imagine Ravens fans are going to be happy to see him involved.   And well not sure anyone is happy for Mara after he stooged the Cowboys and Redskins on that salary cap issue