DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

So when does Roger Goodell come out and say Tom Brady has to play with a special elbow pad to cover up the steel plate in his forearm to neutralize this unfair competitive advantage he's been exploiting, or whatever.

Oh man I hope Ed Hochuli makes a big production of pat searching the Patriots ballboy before the game starts like he's fucking checking for foreign objects that might be used to scuff the ball or whatever.

Just take that final step and embrace the carny, NFL.

I'm really going to have to change the title of this thread soon...

I'm sure some other team will have a player that does something stupid.  It's bound to happen sooner rather than later.

People discuss it so much they get tired of it (like Craig H)  I haven't really talked about it much and am now really fascinated by what happens.  Needless to say I'm definitely not sick of it (yet)

But between the Pats and the Seahawks (who have had issues as well) I'm starting to look forward to the commercials more.  I guess I'd go with Seahawks but I can't say they're the lesser of two evils.  They're more like a different kind of evil that many aren't talking about.

I'm sure some other team will have a player that does something stupid.  It's bound to happen sooner rather than later.

People discuss it so much they get tired of it (like Craig H)  I haven't really talked about it much and am now really fascinated by what happens.  Needless to say I'm definitely not sick of it (yet)

But between the Pats and the Seahawks (who have had issues as well) I'm starting to look forward to the commercials more.  I guess I'd go with Seahawks but I can't say they're the lesser of two evils.  They're more like a different kind of evil that many aren't talking about.

This week in NFL stupidity:  NFL forgets to book a face; runs Heel Vs Heel main event.

• Like 1

And the hits just keep on coming for Baltimore.

Cody is under investigation for animal cruelty, and the case is being discussed with the Baltimore County State's attorney's office, said Elise Armacost, the director of communications for Baltimore County police.

Cody hasn't been charged with a crime.

According to sources, the case involves a dog.

Like I said, Rippa.  No need to change the title when stupid shit happens around the league all the time.

Another Raven?  Goddamnit.  I'm glad they're not in the Super Bowl now.  Between Ray Rice and this, media week would suck.

And the hits just keep on coming for Baltimore.

Cody is under investigation for animal cruelty, and the case is being discussed with the Baltimore County State's attorney's office, said Elise Armacost, the director of communications for Baltimore County police.

Cody hasn't been charged with a crime.

According to sources, the case involves a dog.

At least we now know what crime one has to commit to get fired by the Ravens. Domestic Assault and Murder, perjury, destruction of evidence are okay. Violence against a dog is not

This week in NFL stupidity:  NFL forgets to book a face; runs Heel Vs Heel main event.

So this is what a run-up to a Batista vs Orton main event would have looked like.

Yes, this story is probably overblown and overplayed.

Yes, I do believe the Patriots would have beaten the breaks off the Colts regardless of a deflated or inflated phallus.

Yes, I'm sure there are other teams in the NFL who have broken, taken advantage of, or downright cheated the rules in some shape or form.  Oh yeah, the Seahawks are in the Superbowl too.

Yes, I'm a Dolphins fan and this small form of schadenfreude is the only joy I'm going to get this NFL postseason.  This week has given me some form of life. Drown me with your hate, Patriot fans.  It's my only solace.

• Like 2

Yes, this story is probably overblown and overplayed.

Yes, I do believe the Patriots would have beaten the breaks off the Colts regardless of a deflated or inflated phallus.

Which makes the subterfuge even dumber on their part. It's the NFL equivalent of Shane Douglas crushing Beulah with his suplex and still hooking her tights on the pin, just because.

• Like 4

Both, really, if he is using his influence to protect players/the team. 

It's a nice juicy scandal that echoes bits of the Ray Rice thing, and should distract the NFL media for at least a day or two.

Both, really, if he is using his influence to protect players/the team.

It's a nice juicy scandal that echoes bits of the Ray Rice thing, and should distract the NFL media for at least a day or two.

Nah, the press conference today ratcheted up "Ballgazi" and the press will hound the Pats and the league all week about it.

The Commish might get some questions about it at his press conferences but it won't compare to the Ballgazi ones along with the Rice and Peterson stories.

Also, every pro team is hooked up with their local cops so this really isn't that big of a story.