DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Mostly just for laughs at how ridiculous that statement was.  The coded language, mentioning first amendment rights while asking the Rams to discipline their players, etc etc  

And that isn't stupidity on the NFL's part (for once)

Sort of amazing, really.

Has anyone listened to the B.S. Report with the guy who wrote the Goodell/Rice feature?  This Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist went all the way in on Goodell and how much of a farce his decision making process is, and Simmons suspension for calling Roger Goodell a liar gets dumber by the second.

• Like 1

Has anyone listened to the B.S. Report with the guy who wrote the Goodell/Rice feature?  This Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist went all the way in on Goodell and how much of a farce his decision making process is, and Simmons suspension for calling Roger Goodell a liar gets dumber by the second.

That's false.

Its a physical impossibility for the Simmons suspension to be any dumber.

Aw jeez, who cares? One grown ass man slept with a grown ass woman and another grown ass man is butt hurt about it. People do it every day.

Also, what is that guy doing releasing screenshots of texts and such? Like, way to publicly cuckold yourself, dude. He could have saved us all a load of time by just tweeting out "My dick ain't good"

I'm of the opinion that outing someone that cheated on you is 100% your right.  I don't like when people air dirty laundry of a relationship that just ended naturally, but if someone cheats on you, if it makes you feel better to tell everyone, then do so.  They deserve it.  People that don't care don't have to read it but cheaters deserve to be shamed.  Fuck 'em.

I can understand why Clay is pissed, but "100% your right" is bullshit.

If it was her husband she was talking to, you would presumably agree that posting an intimate conversation between them would be wrong, right?

So why the fuck do you figure the fact that they AREN'T married changes that?

I didn't say Random Stranger #1 should post it, but I steadfastly believe that if a husband cheats on a wife or vice versa they can do/say whatever they want to shame the person as long as it is true as that person deserves it.  And you aren't changing my opinion so don't bother trying :)  But admittedly I am an ass to people that I feel deserve it, but I am super nice to people that are nice, so it goes both ways.  Either way anyone that feels sorry for Murray or the wife are people that I would probably disagree with on most life topics.

Funny thing is I've never actually be cheated on (to my knowledge anyway), so even though I may sound bitter, in reality I just think cheating is a horrible thing that deserves punishment of some sort since its not illegal in most states.

• Like 1

It's pretty scuzzy to sleep with your buddy's wife (even a former buddy), so I think this falls under "NFL stupidity." That being said, I think Clay is embarrassing himself by going on the Twitter rampage. 

Hank Baskett is the famous one?

I have doubts that Kendra Wilkinson can spell her name right and I am amazed that she can function in any way.

I am of the opinion that is was a faked publicity stunt for the show.  It all comes off as staged.

No Kendra by a mile! Hank's only known because of all her reality shows.

Probably staged since he never has said what he did.

Washington footballer does Hands Up after a sack.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/12/07/chris-baker-does-hands-up-dont-shoot-gesture-in-loss-to-the-rams/?ddd

The Hands Up gesture doesn't bother me one bit although it is debatable whether his arms were actually up at the time of the shooting.   What is amazing to me is that he is doing the gesture in the game and the freaking ball is laying on the ground right next to him.  Pick up the ball and then make your statement    :lol:

Oh relax.  As a referee, you think of yourself as the third team.  You work together, you communicate, you congratulate each other and you pick each other up when you're having a bad day.

And above everything else, you roughly give zero fucks who is playing.

For a player to insinuate that a fist bump from one ref to another is proof of bias, is ridiculous to the point of being insulting.

Don't want them to fist bump after a touchdown?  Here's a novel idea... how about starting by not giving up a touchdown.

• Like 1