DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

The issue here is that this isn't the 'NFL' that deactivated him, its the Vikings.  It is the Vikings owner making this decision due to backlash, not a random dude in an office somewhere.  The NFL wouldn't suspend AD as that would go against their general policy of not suspending until the courts are done.  The teams can do whatever they want in the best interest of their team so it is going to vary team by team and player by player.

Peterson is still getting paid, its no different than a school system, government job, etc. that suspends an employee with pay while they investigate something. So its not the same as Rice, Gordon, etc.

The issue here is that this isn't the 'NFL' that deactivated him, its the Vikings.  It is the Vikings owner making this decision due to backlash, not a random dude in an office somewhere.  The NFL wouldn't suspend AD as that would go against their general policy of not suspending until the courts are done.  The teams can do whatever they want in the best interest of their team so it is going to vary team by team and player by player.

Peterson is still getting paid, its no different than a school system, government job, etc. that suspends an employee with pay while they investigate something. So its not the same as Rice, Gordon, etc.

This is a valid point, but the commissioner is the only one who can put someone on the exempt list.  It still rubs me wrong that they didn't decide to suspend him until outside pressure convinced them to do it.  It is just another example of them not having a moral compass, just one of those meters that says how loud the crowd is screaming.  They didn't suspend him because he broke on of their rules, they suspended him because people complained loud enough. My point is that if you are going to put yourself in the position of punishing people of their wrong doing, you should probably have more conviction in your own moral compass and not be so easily swayed by other people's opinion.

• Like 1

Yea the Vikings look bad here.  In 5 days they went from deactivated to he will play to exempt list.  Maybe they should have consulted their sponsors or something before that announcement on Monday.  But it showed the final decision had little to do with the crime, but just from the backlash.

This is a valid point, but the commissioner is the only one who can put someone on the exempt list.  It still rubs me wrong that they didn't decide to suspend him until outside pressure convinced them to do it.  It is just another example of them not having a moral compass, just one of those meters that says how loud the crowd is screaming.  They didn't suspend him because he broke on of their rules, they suspended him because people complained loud enough. My point is that if you are going to put yourself in the position of punishing people of their wrong doing, you should probably have more conviction in your own moral compass and not be so easily swayed by other people's opinion.

Oh I doubt they care about people's opinion, it was once the sponsor;s got involved that they started to care. Joe sixpack? They could give a rats ass. A CEO clears his throat? Cave in immediately. . . 

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive @kaitlynross1 · 2h

#Breaking: attorney Gloria Allred will hold a news conference in ATL about a NEW allegation of domestic violence in the NFL this afternoon

Gloria Allred : Legal issues :: Jim Cantore : natural disasters

Let the fun continue.

From twitter, it sounds like the Vikings presser is a dumpster fire.

It wasn't nearly as bad as Monday's was.

Then again, that's not setting the bar terribly high, either.

They wound up doing the right thing, even if they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to it.

I hope it's not true obviously but if it is I hope it's the LB. It seems as though the WR has really progressed past his well publicized mental health issues and I'd hate to see someone who has done so much for that cause backslide so badly.

EDIT AND THATS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THINGS VINCE.

So yeah. Not a new issue that B-Marsh was terrible back in the day. Largely falls on Goodell, as usual.

I hope it's not true obviously but if it is I hope it's the LB. It seems as though the WR has really progressed past his well publicized mental health issues and I'd hate to see someone who has done so much for that cause backslide so badly.

Apparently Allred has taken the Wayback Machine to 2007.

The controversy appears to be less about what Marshall did than the fact that it was reported to Goodell. . .who, apparently, did nothing.

Apparently Allred has taken the Wayback Machine to 2007.

The controversy appears to be less about what Marshall did than the fact that it was reported to Goodell. . .who, apparently, did nothing.

Which is the real problem here.