DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Since they latched onto NJPW and are getting all their talent from there.

Which also leads me to believe that a GFW/TNA deal will never happen.  Jarrett doesn't want to piss off NJPW by having Dixie around.

There has been some claims that TNA has been negotiating with a talent that would reportedly “shock people.” It’s said that if it comes to fruition, the new signing would create a buzz around TNA, however no one seems to know who the talent is.

It's Vince Russo, right?  

I mean it all adds up.  

TNA has been negotiating with a talent that would reportedly “shock people.”

Most people would be shocked if they brought him back after the last deal.  

It’s said that if it comes to fruition, the new signing would create a buzz around TNA

It would create a (even more negative) buzz around TNA!

however no one seems to know who the talent is.

And no one seems to know what his talent is!

Oh wait, I read that third part wrong.

If Jarrett can't find anyone better than Tenay then fuck his stupid vanity promotion. And this coming from one of the few people who was willing to give that a chance.

Who would you rather use? It's not like there's a lot of guys with the knowledge, credibility, and ability to do it. If anything, last weekend proved that it's right up Tenay's alley.

Ross clearly wouldn't have the impact that article describes, but I maintain that they were insane not to try and hire him the day his contract ran out.  He'd bring a sliver of credibility, a decent boost in name value, and he is the guy who as VP of Talent Relations built the Attitude Era roster for Vince.

It's probably way, way too late for him to help now, but they were crazy not to try and get him the day it became possible.

A shocking signing. How many times has something like this happened with TNA that wasn't a complete let down? C.M Punk would be shocking. C.M Punk decided when he was a kid he was going to be straight edge and has stuck with it. The guy is stubborn and not in a bad way. It would take a ton of money for him to go against something he said. I guess Batista would be shocking. Them getting a new TV deal and spending a ton on Batista seems like a very TNA thing to do. Shane McMahon is another one that would be shocking. Problem with shocking is that the reason it is shocking is that it is usually illogical and rarely practical.

If Jim Ross wanted to get back in the wrestling business, he'd be working in the wrestling business.

If he wanted in the wrestling business, he wouldn't go with TNA, BAM-WHAT?!??!

• Like 1

If Jim Ross wanted to get back in the wrestling business, he'd be working in the wrestling business.

If he wanted in the wrestling business, he wouldn't go with TNA, BAM-WHAT?!??!

Nor would he go back to WWE.

Since they're in the entertainment business. 

I'm just hoping TNA sticks around long enough to hear this exchange.

Tenay: That's Kathy Griffin from, um...from, um...Tazz help me here.

Tazz: I got nothing.

"...That one episode of Seinfeld from 20 years ago?"

She was on two episodes and a small role in Pulp Fiction.