DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Bringing in people like Havok, Melendez, and Matthews means TNA is still going to be around post 2014? I know we are talking about TNA, but surely the company isn't going out of business while still hiring people just to work the sheets? Either everyone has signed a big fat non-disclosure agreement or TNA is giving one last middle finger to the IWC in the worse-worked shoot in the company's entire existence.

Also, why is TNA making a big deal about Matthews? I can't think of one person who is exciting about this. If/When Josh joins TNA it will just be another episode of Impact and there isn't going to be much fanfare unless he replaces Mike Tenay (Tenay and Taz are a package deal in my book- if one goes- both go) and the commentary gets better.

Bringing in people like Havok, Melendez, and Matthews means TNA is still going to be around post 2014? I know we are talking about TNA, but surely the company isn't going out of business while still hiring people just to work the sheets? Either everyone has signed a big fat non-disclosure agreement or TNA is giving one last middle finger to the IWC in the worse-worked shoot in the company's entire existence.

Also, why is TNA making a big deal about Matthews? I can't think of one person who is exciting about this. If/When Josh joins TNA it will just be another episode of Impact and there isn't going to be much fanfare unless he replaces Mike Tenay (Tenay and Taz are a package deal in my book- if one goes- both go) and the commentary gets better.

Probably gamesmanship towards TV Networks that TNA is an ongoing enterprise.

Probably sending a message to Janice and Bob too.

1. Not necessarily.

2. Josh Matthews?

Bringing in people like Havok, Melendez, and Matthews means TNA is still going to be around post 2014?

They do have interest from other networks. WGN & Velocity have been the ones mentioned so far.

I assume Matthews replaces Borash backstage while Borash replaces Hemme.

WGN America (not local) is an interesting one. They've done the syndication thing multiple times in the past with WWE programming and they always drop them. They're also in search on an identity; however, they just dropped all sports programming (even the Cubs), so I can't see them airing TNA.

They dropped all sports programming because they'd been getting a sweetheart deal from the Cubs' (and their) owner forever, and finally Tribune decided to see if there were greener pastures elsewhere.  In return, they've sunk more money into original programming, and as with all fledgling net-lets, wrestling seems like a pretty good deal for the short term.

They dropped all sports programming because they'd been getting a sweetheart deal from the Cubs' (and their) owner forever, and finally Tribune decided to see if there were greener pastures elsewhere.  In return, they've sunk more money into original programming, and as with all fledgling net-lets, wrestling seems like a pretty good deal for the short term.

From the stuff I read about the dropping of sports programming, it seems that WGN wants to be seen as a respected network. Why pickup TNA if that's the case?

You guys almost scared the shit out of me. WGN America dropped the chicago sports, not the local station. I was going to cry if the Bulls were not on my TV this year.

Imagine when that news first broke and those of us who watch the Cubs and Bulls started scrambling to figure out if it was WGN America or local. Thankfully just America.

I don't see how it hurts their station. It's not like TNA draws shit relative to everything else on cable. There's a built in fanbase.

But I really don't know what the company can do at this point to really grow short of a complete reboot rebranding overhaul.