DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Everybody needs to remember where Batista was before joining Evolution. He was just coming off of the Deacon Batista role, had a few matches where Ric was "scouting" him, and then when he was in Evolution, he was hidden in tag matches or as the bodyguard/enforcer type outside the ring while the other guys did most of the work. Thus, slating Mason Ryan or somebody like that who hasn't done a whole lot yet in that spot isn't completely out of the question.However, I don't see an Evolution 2.0 thing happening. There doesn't need to be another faction running around, and Orton doesn't need any cronies.

Pus there were constant rumors that Jindrak would be joining Evolution, so I can definitely see a returning Mason Ryan or a stalled out face like Kofi turning to join.
As the last remaining Kofi fan, I'd be all for that.

And the thing with being Miz being worst, is he had every single booking advantage. They passed over giving Lawler a one day run and wasted the Rock's return on him. Almost everyone else on the second tier had to deal with some shitty booking. 

Only real memory of P&G I have is the Jannetty handicap match.

And them getting killed dead by LOD at WM VII.

Oh, hey, yeah, that did happen.  Now I recall it.

Oh, and Bret used to call them Herc and Jerk

I'd say Big Show had a pretty nothing run with the WWE title back in 99 before jobbing it right back to HHH. A bizarre feud with Bossman and then...?

The Bossman feud alone puts him ahead of 95% of champions."Big Show is a big, nasty bastard and his Momma said so!"

Finally watched the show outside of Kane/Wyatt. Pretty much loved it on the whole. Not a bad match in site with one really good match in Del Rio/Christian and two great matches in Cena/Bryan and Punk/Lesnar. Have to agree with Lesnar/Punk being MOTN and a MOTYC. I'm not really a punk fan, but he was fantastic in his match aside from that terrible diving elbow. his is easily his best performance in WWE outside of that last match with Cena back in February.

I'd say Big Show had a pretty nothing run with the WWE title back in 99 before jobbing it right back to HHH. A bizarre feud with Bossman and then...?

The Bossman feud alone puts him ahead of 95% of champions."Big Show is a big, nasty bastard and his Momma said so!"

Was all well and good until they put it on his own fucking shirt

Hey...I'm totally late, but I actually wrote about a current WWE show: http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2013/08/wwe-summerslam-2013.html So for all you guys giving me shit and saying you miss it when I used to talk positive about the WWE, you might like this, because I'm pretty positive.

Del Rio vs. Christian was the best match.

I didn't talk about punches ONCE. But I did talk about how I was disappointed in the limb work in Cena/Bryan... so...you know.. you can't get everything you want.

Dean Ambrose should never try to trade holds with RVD again. He looked shitty. 

Speaking of RVD, you know how some comedians will just throw their shit out after a year or whatever? They just burn their material or lock it away never to be used again. I think RVD should think about that.

• Like 1

Did not like the end where super Punk, subbing for super Cena, basically did what he wanted with Brock and Paul Heyman had to save him what, three times? You will not change my opinion on this and I won't change yours so don't get all high and mighty about it.

There is definitely a better Bryan/Cena match somewhere down the road, agree with those who said that earlie. But that was awesome. Shame they didn't go with the top rope Gansobomb finish.

The only thing wrong with the spot was that Punk had to reapply the hold.  I rarely watch MMA, but I've seen that happen where a guy powers up in a triangle, and then slams back down essentially in a powerbomb, but the guy on bottom keeps the choke in and ends the fight.

Not that it makes a deep fried fuck in the grand scheme of things, but it sure felt anticlimactic that Bryan only needed to eat a single Pedigree for Orton to cash in on him. Story wise, the adrenaline of the career-defining victory alone should’ve been enough for Bryan to kick out at 2 7/8.  At the very least, Triple H could’ve been extra dickish and did a fast count just to be sure.

It just feels like it would’ve been better all the way around if Bryan survives that initial shock of eating the Pedigree to fight the good fight for 5-6 minutes before finally succumbing. This goes back to something Piranesi was on about face/heel internal logic (or lack thereof) recently because this kind of finish also ties into the tired idea that heels are such cheating impotent pussies they can’t even bother to actually hit their own finish to beat faces; even after the face has survived massive damage from somebody else’s outside interference which would make the heel’s victory tainted enough. No, the sniveling heels almost always need an immediate pin attempt after somebody else’s interference lest they’re allowed to look barely capable of defeating the face with their own offense.

It can’t be that the stinking Pedigree still needs to be protected as a finish now can it? The whole notion of finishers as certain death is deader than dead as it is. I mean after it took multiple Tombstones to beat the equally runty HBK in back-to-back Wrestlemanias, I would’ve liked to have seen Bryan survive the Pedigree. In fact, I’d almost take it a step further and had Bryan survive an RKO too only to succumb to the punt but then it might be a stretch to trot him out onto RAW last night after all of that.

For the record, it’s not even that Bryan needed to kick out of the Pedigree. Orton shrugging off the initial pin attempt after the Pedigree (at a 2-count even) then preening and posturing around and waiting for Bryan to come back to his senses only to either punt him or hit the RKO would’ve worked better as well. Again, it also would've been much more of a sadistic dick move that ties into what Orton is all about to need to inflict some damage of his own before cashing in instead of merely receiving Triple H's charity.

But the way Summerslam actually ended…..it reeks too much of an inferior like Booker T needing to be down for a 25-count after being hit with the Pedigree. Bryan's high off the adrenaline of the crowd hailing him for several minutes after the match is over but.....BAM......one Pedigree and he's dead. Horseshit.   This is more of a personal nitpick though because like I said the only thing that matters is Bryan got screwed …..not how. If he actually gets payback on Triple H. Which is far from a sure thing.

• Like 1