DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Sometimes business is pleasure?

And sometimes you kiss Stephanie McMahon.

The Randy Orton character kissed the Stephanie character which pissed of the HHH character.  They were all acting, playing characters.  Now the company us at stake and it is a shoot brother.  This is the real deal....like the Invasion and Evolution and drunk Ric Flair video game panels.

Austin joining Vince had its own logical explanation.

After his loss to HHH in the 3 Stages of Hell, Austin became paranoid that he didn't have it anymore and the business was passing him by. With this being the first time in his career that he had some self-doubt, he turned to the onean Austin knew had the power to manipulate everything to his advantage. Vince, seeing Austin as still the best and the biggest pain in the ass ever in his life, jumped at the opportunity to work with Austin instead of against him, and remove the biggest headache in his life. Plus it had to please him to no end for Austin to grovel for his help.

• Like 3

Also, as far as DB's chances against Triple H at WM, they're pretty good if it's involving a title. In matches where the WWE/World Title or the Streak were on the line, Triple H is 4-7. He also dropped 4 straight WM title matches after beating Booker T. In addition, since the official start of the Triple H-era at WM 16 where he won the title and bucked tradition by being a heel and going over in the main event at WM, his record is 6-7. His complete record is 8-9.

I think Triple H understands what is best for business at this point and if booked against DB going into WM, I think he loses knowing full well that the future of the company is safe by having DB be the #1 or #2 babyface. That way, if Cena ever had to call it a career, which I think he'll probably end up doing sooner rather than later, it's not going to be a huge hit to the company. Not only that, but they finally would be able to run with Cena turning heel.

Never in my wildest dreams, going back to when I was buying ROH tapes and DVDs, did I ever think Daniel Bryan would be the potential top guy in the WWE. So, so awesome and I think this feeling is going to become more and more rare as time goes on. There will always be guys who could come in off the indy circuit, but more and more guys are going to come up from the farm, so Daniel Bryan may very well be one of the last of a dying breed.

Never in my wildest dreams, going back to when I was buying ROH tapes and DVDs, did I ever think Daniel Bryan would be the potential top guy in the WWE. So, so awesome and I think this feeling is going to become more and more rare as time goes on. There will always be guys who could come in off the indy circuit, but more and more guys are going to come up from the farm, so Daniel Bryan may very well be one of the last of a dying breed.

*Reminder: insert pic of Eddie Kingston w/ "Huh?" sound clip a la Botchamania here. Millions of likes will follow.*

Austin joining Vince had its own logical explanation.After his loss to HHH in the 3 Stages of Hell, Austin became paranoid that he didn't have it anymore and the business was passing him by. With this being the first time in his career that he had some self-doubt, he turned to the onean Austin knew had the power to manipulate everything to his advantage. Vince, seeing Austin as still the best and the biggest pain in the ass ever in his life, jumped at the opportunity to work with Austin instead of against him, and remove the biggest headache in his life. Plus it had to please him to no end for Austin to grovel for his help.

Right, it made it a lot of sense, but they totally underestimated how difficult it would be to turn the audience against Austin, especially when they dropped the ball on the first Raw following WM X-7. People were ready for HHH to have a face run at the top. He just closed a chapter with his loss to the Undertaker and then they setup the face turn with Triple H storming off in response to Vince's explanation for why he helped Austin. So here comes Triple H at the end of the cage match, crowd is going nuts because they think he's out there to take on Austin, resuming their stellar feud, and instead he drops the Rock and the air is totally let out of the building, out of Austin's heel turn, and arguably out of the WWE as a whole for the next 4 or 5 months. You want to talk about something not making sense, it makes hardly any sense for Austin and Triple H to team up.

In a weak ass attempt to recover from that "wonderful" booking decision, they wind up resorting to cheap heat like beating up JR, which didn't even draw that much heat. On top of that, I remember Austin's explanation of his heel turn on Raw being so flat that they re-did the explanation promo on SmackDown! back when SmackDown! mattered more than it does today, and even then it still came across flat, even though it was a bit better. 

*Reminder: insert pic of Eddie Kingston w/ "Huh?" sound clip a la Botchamania here. Millions of likes will follow.*

Reading comprehension, son.

Weirdly, I completely disagree about the Shield. I think they should show the injustice thing to be pure bs and they should come out in suits as the rest of Orton's faction.

I wouldn't mind seeing them turn face as part of team Bryan for surivor series while HHH forms his Evolution 2.0, and Heyman gets his Heyman guys, with Punk stuck in the middle hating everyone and getting his ass kicked regularly.

The shoot explanation for the Two Man Power Trip was they felt the best way for Austin's heel turn to take was if they lined him up with another strong heel. Good theory, bad practice.

The 2009 stuff, going further can still be explained off as just business by pointing out that if they wanted a younger HHH, that COOHHH came to terms with the fact that that's exactly what younger him would have done. It's not brain surgery.

I knew after Bryan/Cena couldn't top the classic that was The Best Vs. The Beast that there would be people coming up with excuses, or claiming that Bryan can have a better match with Brock. 

Punk had the MOTY, and not your boy D-BRY. So deal with it.

The only advantage Brock/Punk had over Cena/Bryan were really shitty elbowdrops.

Excellent show. However, I got sick of the McMahons a decade ago and won't be watching the shows. The matches were excellent. The booking was tired.

The 2009 stuff, going further can still be explained off as just business by pointing out that if they wanted a younger HHH, that COOHHH came to terms with the fact that that's exactly what younger him would have done. It's not brain surgery.

I can live with this as the explanation.

Reading comprehension, son.

But dad, Kingston is "THE last of a dying breed," which doesn't make sense anyway.  Besides, it was just a joke, YOU'RE THE REASON WHY MOM LEFT!!!

• Like 2

only saw the last 3 matches but punk/brock and cena/bryan was great.

Did I miss when Cena got legit injured? 

Sucks that the main story line will revolve around "why HHH" and a McMahon power struggle, but Bryan is clearly going to be a main part of the focus and I assume an Austin type character for a while (while cena is gone?).  The shield turning face make sense, but it also works better if Bryan goes solo, not sure.  Raw should be interested, or maybe it will be annoying, not sure.  I'm very worried they may mess this up.

Not sure where punk goes from here, but the earlier suggestion of heyman in a shark cage should happen, one way or another. 

Cena's been hurt for a bit.  That weird fucked up elbow thingy he was showing off on raw a couple weeks ago.  Reportedly, he is actually finally going to take a full recovery time off, although I'll believe that when I see it.

Cena's been hurt for a bit.  That weird fucked up elbow thingy he was showing off on raw a couple weeks ago.  Reportedly, he is actually finally going to take a full recovery time off, although I'll believe that when I see it.

I think that's the intention of both him and WWE. The question is whether or not the ratings will tank badly enough for them to panic and bring him back early.

I can live with this as the explanation.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the cerebraliest of them all?

Awesome show. The Miz really delivered!

• Like 1

I think that's the intention of both him and WWE. The question is whether or not the ratings will tank badly enough for them to panic and bring him back early.

Ratings, and PPV buy rates will tank regardless of whose on top(Unless the WWE version of Okada walks through the door). It's Bryan's merch not selling well that should have his fans worried.

I find it interesting that Bryan did a bunch of bridges last night and there was that Davey Hart Smith YT video posted a while back saying that bridges were a no-no when he was with WWE. 

While I really liked the idea of debuting a new finisher to put away super Cena and the move gets instant credibility, the three count fell flat with the crowd and the group of people I watched with were all taken aback that what just happened actually transpired. Love the Boma Ye as a finish in WWE, though. I also agree with the notion that those two have a better match in them, hopefully after Bryan's done chasing the Orton/HHH faction at Mania, and Bryan isn't quite the underdog he was here. Somebody mentioned that Cena/Bryan must've been watching the G1, and I certainly concur. The slap exchange to kick off the final third of the match was playing up the stuff from Monday but also straight out of the modern Japanese formula.

It was flat because WWE fans are conditioned a certain way in regards to finishes. But the the best way to get it over right directly? Knock the superhero champion the fuck out with it. See also: Bomber, Axe.

• Like 1