DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

According to Dave Meltzer, they didnt change any of the original finishes for SummerSlam and are going ahead with all original plans, meaning the (or one of the) main events for WM30 is Bryan vs Triple H.

I did not expect that. Bad news is Hunter has a ling track record of fucking devouring those who can't defend themselves verbally.The good news is that they plan on giving Bryan a huge Wrestlemania win.

Did you prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan or Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk? Can't go wrong with both, two terrific matches. I prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan, just. The finish to it is my favourite finish to a match this year.

Enjoy looking at the rest of the thread, Brian.

By the way, we haven't discussed the real tragedy of tonight.RIP Cody's mustache :`-(

Cody emerging clean-shaven was easily the night's biggest dissappointment. Especially since they did it with no fanfare. They couldn't have booked a mustache vs briefcase stip or at least had Wade "The Barber" Barrett shave it off in a post-match angle to get his new gimmick over?Speaking of facial hair, man does Shawn Michaels look rough. I watched the show with some friends at Buffalo Wild Wings and when they cut to the panel, some guy shouted "Hoooo!" thinking it was Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I was just about to google "Duggan, Cancer" when I realized it was HBK.
  • Like 2

Did you prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan or Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk? Can't go wrong with both, two terrific matches. I prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan, just. The finish to it is my favourite finish to a match this year.Enjoy looking at the rest of the thread, Brian.

I need to rewatch Cena/Bryan because I spent most of it talking to my friends about Punk/Brock.Booker T pissed me off when he interrupted Shawn Michaels' heartfelt and sincere "Thank you" to Brock and Punk.

Did you prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan or Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk? Can't go wrong with both, two terrific matches. I prefer John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan, just. The finish to it is my favourite finish to a match this year.Enjoy looking at the rest of the thread, Brian.

I need to rewatch Cena/Bryan because I spent most of it talking to my friends about Punk/Brock.Booker T pissed me off when he interrupted Shawn Michaels' heartfelt and sincere "Thank you" to Brock and Punk.

I was so glad that Booker shouted out to Christian and ADR too. They deserved it. Shawn was like "Oh yeah, them too."

Only thing I actively disliked was the notInferno Match(and I'm a Kanenite).  Everything else was very good at worst and the top two matches delivered in a major way.  This was honestly the first Brock match I've seen since his comeback since I don't watch too many WWE PPVs these days.

I have no recollection of the events after Bryan's win.

I definitely think Punk-Brock was match of the show if not a strong candidate for MOTY. I love that Punk had the ring sense to realize him going toe-to-toe with the monster would've looked silly so they booked totally Rocky vs Drago style. It lacked the sheer insanity of Cena-Brock but as a match telling a story it may be Brock's best ever.

Cena-Bryan was also fantastic but it did remind me of Austin-HBK in that you could tell one guy was badly hurt and trying to gut out a classic despite his injuries. Cena was clearly laboring at times and his timing and power spots didn't come off as usual. Again, it was better than most ppv mains but I think these two could work an even more epic match when Cena is healthy.

• Like 1

Looking back after a night's sleep, I think Punk/Lesnar was the better match, but only by a gnat's fart.

I will say this, agreeing with the prior post in that I don't think Punk/Lesnar could have another match better than this one, whereas I think the Cena/Bryan will be even better.

I want to ask this, so I apologize if it's been mentioned (I'm at work and on page 13, but I'm way behind schedule today):

What's the chance of Lesnar/Bryan thrown into the mix of this?  And if it happened ... how many stars past 5 would it be?  My thinking is, if Lesnar/Punk happened, Lesnar/Bryan isn't so far-fetched, eh?

^ HA!

Edited by nate

Punk/Brock felt like a strong match of the year candidate. I would put it above Cena/Bryan, but that finish and post-match angle were awesome.

Going to have to see it again, but I think I would put Punk/Brock over Cena/Brock. It was that good.

I knew after Bryan/Cena couldn't top the classic that was The Best Vs. The Beast that there would be people coming up with excuses, or claiming that Bryan can have a better match with Brock. 

Punk had the MOTY, and not your boy D-BRY. So deal with it.

Lesnar is unbelievable. There will never be a guy like him again. It's great that he's on a limited schedule too.

I seriously doubt HHH would go over Bryan at WrestleMania. Triple H tapped to Benoit, tapped to Cena, pinned clean by Batista, lost clean to Undertaker a bunch of times...  He has no problem doing a job on the big stage.