DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Holy fuck, are we still calling him Bryan Danielson, The American Dragon?  Really? OMG  DANIEL BRYAN BEAT THE PROTOTYPE TONIGHT!! Enough with the "he was an indy darling" schtick.  How long ago was that?

More recent than the first time Cena won the WWE title from JBL, which got referenced on commentary during the match.

And when did we start putting statutes of limitations on fond memories?

Holy fuck, are we still calling him Bryan Danielson, The American Dragon?  Really? OMG  DANIEL BRYAN BEAT THE PROTOTYPE TONIGHT!! Enough with the "he was an indy darling" schtick.  How long ago was that?

If it makes you feel better, I still call Zeb Dutch too. When you've watched a guy for years under one name, it's hard to break that habit. See also: Ron Artest.

I think it's understanding that this a means to an end and it has the virtue of being business sensible. Orton gets the turn he needed, Bryan gets elevated and then screwed without being buried and the company gets the money feud they've been lacking that isn't the same old same old. Win-win-win.

• Like 3

According to BIG DAVE Meltzer, whatever angle finished the show was going to build to what they're doing for WrestleMania. Read into that what you will.

Bryan slapping the sh*t out of Cena will be my new favorite .gif by tomorrow.

According to BIG DAVE Meltzer, whatever angle finished the show was going to build to what they're doing for WrestleMania. Read into that what you will.

Bryan slapping the sh*t out of Cena will be my new favorite .gif by tomorrow.

It fits with the whole HHH vs Austin as Vince's proxy at Mania rumor.  Even if it's not Austin, it could be someone else.  Maybe Rock will lift his "No HHH" policy.

American Dragon is just a really cool fucking name.

The slap battle between Bryan and Cena was great too. Actually with the Boma ye , Bryan hanging onto the top rope after the superplex (kind of reminiscent of Makabe's German spot), and the slap battle, I'm now amused by the thought that Cena and Bryan were just crushing the G1 Climax like the rest of us the last few weeks.  

• Like 1

I think we finally have someone in the top 2 babyface spots that EVERYONE loves and cares about. Casual and hardcore fans alike are into Bryan and Punk. It is a good shot in the arm the WWE needs, whether the WWE will take the ball and run with it is another story.

Lost in all of the mucketymuck is the fact that DB just got his last piece of the WWE main eventer puzzle: A sudden impact finisher. And by killifying Cena with it he got it over in one night.

He's going to be just fine.

• Like 3

I thought the first Punk-Savage Elbow was just a set up for the second one with the chair. It was weird foreshadowing.

Also, shouldn't we be talking more about Punk vs Lesnar since it was pretty frigging exciting?

My issue with the Elbow, it looked more like the Bret/Austin style than the Savage/Michaels style.  The second one with the chair was aces.  I said "Arabian Face Buster?" to myself as he went up top with the chair though.

Hell, the Orton PUNT OF DEATH got over as a finisher because it was sold properly. If he can beat Cena with it, he can beat anyone with it, period.

The most over and effective finisher in the history of WWE is an inverted jawbreaker. If booked and sold correctly, anything can be a finisher.

• Like 3

I thought the first Punk-Savage Elbow was just a set up for the second one with the chair. It was weird foreshadowing.

Also, shouldn't we be talking more about Punk vs Lesnar since it was pretty frigging exciting?

It was great.  Brock Lesnar had me convinced that he was legit knocked loopy there when Punk was doing all the running knees.