DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet (from today's F4W update):

An angle is being shot, at least as of the current plan, during the  Dean Ambrose vs. RVD U.S. title match that will either lead to a trios match involving Mark Henry & Big Show as well as Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins, or to lead to a tag team title match at the PPV.  I'm not exactly clear other than all have been told they are working the show.

I understand what you are saying but this is very unlike WWE to tease the cash in so heavily and actually go through with it. The point of the case is to be a surprise, even though Cena's cash in last year was anything but.

I am still hoping beyond hope for a Daniel Bryan clean win and escaping SS with the title. We might even get two great performances from DB.

I understand what you are saying but this is very unlike WWE to tease the cash in so heavily and actually go through with it. The point of the case is to be a surprise, even though Cena's cash in last year was anything but.I am still hoping beyond hope for a Daniel Bryan clean win and escaping SS with the title. We might even get two great performances from DB.

It would appear that the gauntlet from a couple weeks ago was foreshadowing that. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Maybe it can be a swerve and HHH turns on Cena and Bryan, helping Orton cash in, and we get Evolution 2.0, with HHH as Flair, Randy Orton as HHH, Wade Barrett as Randy Orton, and Ryback as Batista. If they time it just right, they can do a not-Wargames gimmick match at Battleground.

I think Ryback is dead in the water at this point. They seem to be trying to get him back to where he was before the title match with Punk by destroying people backstage, but it certainly isn't working with me. I am not sure many people think very highly of Mr Back any longer. If he wasn't stuck with a low end comedy gimmick Tensai would be cool for that role.

The WWE is certainly not against repeating angles so after a Bryan win Vince gets Orton to come out and cash it in but Bryan escapes.

I feel I have gone too far into fantasy booking. Can't wait for the show.

Triple H has to do something tonight.  Why else is he in this thing?  There's no good reason for him to be in the match except to turn on Bryan.  Orton cashing in seems predictable but if Triple H helps him cash it in and they form an alliance, it would make sense in that regard.  He could even make the count himself and it would be legal.  Orton and Triple H have history together and Orton needs a freshening up.  DB can then chase the belt and win it back later in the year after a true program with Orton.

If that scenario came true, it would be best for Cena to lose clean or else DB still doesn't look like he can quite hang with the old dogs.  Let's say he beats Cena with Cena's foot on the ropes or something.  Then, he loses automatically to Orton.  DB doesn't really get elevated much in that situation.

This all really compares with 2011.