DVDVR Message Board

[CBMT] Marvel Bracket Round Two #1

odessasteps

Given the proclivities of this board, I'm shocked FIRST CLASS isn't getting squashed.

Recap for the new kid on the block?

Tons of love for the first hour or so because it was near perfect but some like to forget that the movie wasn't only an hour long..

I like that extra period you used. Says you know shit's about to be on. 

Given the proclivities of this board, I'm shocked FIRST CLASS isn't getting squashed.

Recap for the new kid on the block?

The crowd that discusses comic movies here tends to skew more toward hardline Marvel fundamentalism. Specifically, the 1st Cap movie is often exalted as a paragon of the genre.

(Granted, this perception might be the result of the same two people repeating it over and over again. :))

Man, "great first half, falls apart in the second" describes First Class way more than First Avenger.

I think they're eerily similar movies, which is what makes it such an interesting matchup to me. Their strengths and their flaws are almost identical.

• Like 1

Man, "great first half, falls apart in the second" describes First Class way more than First Avenger.

Ditto.  Sorry guys, Captain America is just a plain better artistic statement than First Class.  I'm way more interested in a hero who actively chooses to pursue his goals, as opposed to a hero who's just born with superpowers that lazily save the day. 

• Like 1