DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

I mean Waid's Daredevil was ridiculously fun ,not just good but an actual fun read. I haven't checked out his latest cap run (probably gonna wait for the 1st trade). Pat of me wants him on a Spidey book

James

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

Will be interesting to see how that unfolds. I really love his Black Panther so I might give the first couple of issues a try.

I really liked the Black Panther book by Ta-Nehisi Coates, the only one of his available at my library.

13 hours ago, Ace said:

I've been a Waid fan for decades, but his recent stuff really isn't doing it for me.

I didn't like his Black Widow book though I did like his All-New All-Different Avengers tie-in to Avengers: Standoff.

15 hours ago, J.H. said:

Man... Hickman on LSH would be pretty great. The question is what is there left for Hickman to do?
Unless he will write the return of the FF

Jmes

X-Men? 

I would have loved Hickman on those three DC books though.

Also, re: Waid on Ant-Man/Wasp: I much preferred Nadia in her own book than when Waid was writing her. She was just boundless optimism in one and constantly sniping at Spider-Man in the other. I can see her doing the same thing with Lang.

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

New creative team on the Amazing Spider-Man announced: Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley.

Loved The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, really liked Avengers: Standoff and Secret Empire had the odd good moment but was mostly bad.

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

...and yes a new #1

amazing-spider-man1.jpeg?q=35&w=864&h=641&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

001v2.jpg

003v2.jpg

004.jpg

Female Electro or rather ElecTra.

Bloody awful artwork. Count me out.

We've had Steve Rogers Captain America, Bucky Barnes as Captain America, Sam Wilson as Captain America, Samantha Wilson as Captain America in Spider-Gwen and now Peggy Cap:

EXILES2018003-cvr.jpg

https://screenrant.com/peggy-carter-captain-america-marvel-comic-exiles/?utm_source=SR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-TW&view=list

I approve of a female Captain America and how great Hayley Atwell is as Agent Peggy Carter.

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

We've had Steve Rogers Captain America, Bucky Barnes as Captain America, Sam Wilson as Captain America, Samantha Wilson as Captain America in Spider-Gwen and now Peggy Cap:

EXILES2018003-cvr.jpg

https://screenrant.com/peggy-carter-captain-america-marvel-comic-exiles/?utm_source=SR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-TW&view=list

I approve of a female Captain America and how great Hayley Atwell is as Agent Peggy Carter.

Poor Clint Barton, he's never going to get to be Cap, is he? At least he got to hook up with the Wasp.

• Like 1

Life of Captain Marvel by Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco. Retelling.

Slott on Ironman probably will be announced tomorrow with another book. Maybe Uncanny X-Men or the Defenders or Logan.

I assume next week is when the lower tier characters get their books announced.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

They should just let Hickman write an Imperial Guard book as a way t o write the Legion.

Would be fun to see what Hickman would do with the Imperial Guard. I still remember him wanting to do mini for them during infinity.

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

X-Men? 

I would have loved Hickman on those three DC books though.

Also, re: Waid on Ant-Man/Wasp: I much preferred Nadia in her own book than when Waid was writing her. She was just boundless optimism in one and constantly sniping at Spider-Man in the other. I can see her doing the same thing with Lang.

Everybody's been doing that with Lang, post Future Foundation. Y'know, when he found a new application for Pym Particles and beat Doctor Doom single-handily. Ever since he's been regressed to a jobguy.

Ignoring actual growth in characters like Loki and Scott had are killing my desire to read Marvel Comics. 

• Like 1