DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

I've picked up the first 4 volumes of the Hickman FF run and as much as I hate to admit it but... it tops Byrne and I'm only at the 1/2 way point.I'll reserve if tops Lee/Kirby after I read the rest. Hopefully this Kindle sale goes on for a few more weeks (doubtful) because with baby due in May I doubt I could afford the rest otherwise. Quick question, is it absolutely necessary to read  Future Foundation when that gets spun off?

Also got Ms. Marvel Vol. 7 (Damage Per Second) and holy fuck do I just love this book so much!

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (Vol. 2) #14 by Jody Houser and Nick Roche’s art. 8 Years Later Part 2. Peter Parker, Mary Jane Watson-Parker, husband and wife with daughter Annie May take on the Lizard under their Spider identities. The story mainly narrated by Mary Jane is much better than the rubbish opener from this new creative team last time out. Still not keen on Roche’s art.

Is he kidding?  I kinda vaguely remember that Hickman wrote a Shield book but never read it and know nothing about it.  Didn't realize it was unfinished.

I kinda assume he's not kidding, but, from reading some of his other tweets, it seems he has an odd sense of humor.  If he had to fight Marvel over the release, that's a bad look.  Uh,. Hickman's not under contract, MArvel.  He doesn't have to work for you ever again if he don't wanna.

I listen to Jay & Miles Xplain The X-Men every week and it is their sheer enthusiasm for some of the recent stuff that led to me getting All New Wolverine Vol 1-4 and X-Men Red #1 (especially after Jay & Miles interviewed writer Tom Taylor this week). I thin kI'm in on X-Men red for at least 2 arcs based on how much I dug issue #1. Sure they need to do some seriosu explaining about the big bad at the end of issue 1 ut I'm intrigued and I like the idea of Jean and Nightcrawler being best buds!

I finished Vol 1 of All New Wolverine and I'm fucking hooked on this book

James

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 3:31 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

I mean, they could still publish Conan stuff in basically the whole European market and Canada. It's Public Domain basically everywhere that isn't the US.

Which is just so anger inducing. There is no reason he should not be public domain everywhere. 

Avengers 1 by Aaron and McGuiness

The team

Spoiler

The lineup includes the “Big Three” of the Avengers -- Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers, and Tony Stark -- united once more for the first time in years. In addition to the Big Three, the rest of the roster features Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Hulk (Jennifer Walters) and Doctor Strange, who will only be on the team for a limited time in a “rotating slot.”

I have zero interest in Robbie Reyes, but otherwise that doesn't seem like a bad team. Isn't the current No Surrender story line supposed to be bringing Bruce back? I'm curious why its Jen instead of him though I don't mind. I assume the lineup is supposed to match up to some degree with the 1,000,000 BC Avengers. Makes me even more annoyed they killed Starbrand.

I had been really enjoying No Surrender, and I generally like Aaron's writing, but something about that Avengers lineup leaves me stone cold. I like all 8 of those characters, but I just can't get excited about them in that combination.  Hope Ewing lands somewhere awesome.