DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Sinister is definitely the highlight of POX #4. I'm very interested to see how Hickman wraps all of this up and where it is heading. 

One theory I've thought up in the past few days and further fueled by POX #4 is

Spoiler

that Moira is going to die her 10th death, that her 11th life is the continuity we've known and that it is not that she will die as a child that Destiny saw but her death from the Legacy Virus. We never saw her death by legacy virus and she may have been cured when Colossus cured everyone but since the Legacy Virus causes a mutants powers to flare up in some way as they die we have to assume something happened to Moria when she died of it either that it caused her to either not be reborn and die her final death or she was reborn in some other way(s) like splintering across parallel timelines or dimension if that's the case.

Her knowledge will be revealed to main continuity in some way either through discovery or her reemergence from being reborn somehow and that will lead to the new future, I'm guessing from the Incoming tease that the group of Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse and Krakoa from the HOX/POX timeline will be looming large and likely coming to main continuity. Possibly with HOX/POX being a sort of mirror reality where the Krakoa that was introduced in the 616 was actually Arakko or the Krakoa that we are seeing in HOX/POX is Arakko. Either way with the Sinister Secrets and the Apocalypse page from Marvel #1000, Apocalypse will be awakening his original horsemen which according to the Cypher will re-open the chasm and allow Krakoa and Arakko to reunite into Okkara.

Edited by Sublime
needed to add further clarification

Finished reading Spider-Man: the Hunted last night. It was a pinch long, but I dug it overall. Only thing I wasn't super fond of was the resolution with the clone/son. Would have been more interesting for him to have to try and carve out a legacy of his own.

1 minute ago, Cliff Hanger said:

So the big ceremony in Hox 5 is supposed to be creepy and fucked, right? Not just Hickman sometimes being very bad at tone? Because I made the mistake of reading that and going back to sleep for 2 hrs, and my dreams were a mess.

Things have gone horribly wrong. Things will go horribly wrong. Hickman and co. have years planned on this, and we can only begin to imagine how thoroughly fucked up things are going to get. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Things have gone horribly wrong. Things will go horribly wrong. Hickman and co. have years planned on this, and we can only begin to imagine how thoroughly fucked up things are going to get. 

I'm sure that 

Spoiler

having Proteus being put into bodies with Xaviers genetic base will never ever go horribly wrong 

The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) #29 written by Nick Spencer and drawn by Francesco Manna’s the artist in Arrivals/Departures. This Issue acts as a commentary on the relationship between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, it’s highlighted by a speech from Aunt May. Thanks @Matt D for the tag and heads up that it’s a kick in the teeth. Nice seeing a character from Chip Zdarsky’s Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man here.

No Superior Spider-Man in Marvel Comics December 2019 solicits to go with November's exclusion. The book's done, I thought that in November. I'll miss getting it on my pull list. Christ's Gage and Mike Hawthorn did a great job.

What might not have helped its cause was coming five years after Superior Spider-Man last appeared in 2014. The 2012-2014 time period was the character at its hottest with Dan Slott, Christopher Yost who writes SpOck better than anybody and the Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Also, the multitude of Spider characters.