DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Ugh.  Just read an AP article about Iron Man.  Apparently, Tony Stark...

is adopted

And Howard and Maria Stark...

have a biological son, who has been hid away from the world by a rogue android, given alien tech, and maybe powers.

Did I mention "Ugh"?  I can't emphasize that enough.

I like Gillen well enough, but this seems dumb.  I doubt it will stick, but it can't be retconned away fast enough.

Link to article (warning: spoilers)

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20131023/US-Iron-Man_s-Secret/

The Iron Man story came off really well. Part of that was because earlier parts of the story made you doubt the "self-made" aspect of the character and this doesn't just alleviate those concerns (both for Tony and the reader) but it goes the other way with it. I really think Gillen did a great job with it.

The Iron Man story came off really well. Part of that was because earlier parts of the story made you doubt the "self-made" aspect of the character and this doesn't just alleviate those concerns (both for Tony and the reader) but it goes the other way with it. I really think Gillen did a great job with it.

To be fair, I haven't read the issue and am way behind on IM, so I haven't read the setup either.

Kind of bummed the Waid Daredevil series ends this December.  I guess it is time for me to get into it then.

The wrap up to the storyline is in February. Waid hinted in an interview that since DD's 50th anniversary is coming up, he had something planned. Probably a new number one & a jump to $3.99

All caught up on Avengers Arena.  Still annoyed with a couple of the deaths, but I can't deny that it's been well enough written to transcend it's "let's run a Battle Royale with superteens" concept.  Looking forward to the final two issues and to Undercover, even though I'm pissed to have gotten so many spoilers from NYCC.

• Like 1

Kind of bummed the Waid Daredevil series ends this December.  I guess it is time for me to get into it then.

The wrap up to the storyline is in February. Waid hinted in an interview that since DD's 50th anniversary is coming up, he had something planned. Probably a new number one & a jump to $3.99

There better be something like that going on. If I don't get a Daredevil ongoing series, I'm gonna flip my shit. Has it lagged in sales or something? I always assumed it did well.

I think there's been an ongoing Daredevil in some form forever.

I know. It was Kevin Smith's run on it that got me first interested in comcis and that's when Daredevil becamse my favorite character. I'm saying it needs to continue. It's been a constant in my life since I was a freshmen in high school.