DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Re: Uncanny #22 - Did Hijack go with Scott and co?  I was getting the impression he was going to stay at the Jean Grey school, but maybe I missed something at the end.

I'm uncertain. He was heading to the JGS to stay, but I think he disappeared with Scott's X-men. I'm hoping I'm wrong though as I would rather see him with the JGS.

Hell yeah! At the moment I don't care that it's about the original team and that Andy Lanning isn't on board, at the moment I'm just happy Dan Abnett is writing a new GotG ongoing.

Best comic book news in a long time.

Hell yeah! At the moment I don't care that it's about the original team and that Andy Lanning isn't on board, at the moment I'm just happy Dan Abnett is writing a new GotG ongoing.

Yeah. great news.  I like the Abnett/Lanning book quite a bit, but I probably prefer the original team from a character standpoint,  Hopefully, Lanning doesn't turn out to be the talented half of the team.

Book needs Nikki though.  No Nikki, no buys.  Or maybe not.

Anything ever said about why Abnett & Lanning dissolved the partnership?

• Like 1

Was wondering if it was wondering who between Lanning and Abnett was writing. They actually announced this a month or two back but with no writer.

Yeah. great news.  I like the Abnett/Lanning book quite a bit, but I probably prefer the original team from a character standpoint,  Hopefully, Lanning doesn't turn out to be the talented half of the team.

Book needs Nikki though.  No Nikki, no buys.  Or maybe not.

Anything ever said about why Abnett & Lanning dissolved the partnership?

I prefer the Abnett/Lanning team though I love both teams in general. I'm disappointed at the lack of Nikki, but I want to say they didn't actually find Nikki until after Earth was liberated and this is still during the rebellion.

I recall them saying something, but it was pretty vague, giving no details.

Daredevil Vol. 7. This was a good end to the fist part of Waid's run. The stuff with Strange and the Legion of Monsters was fun. More importantly I thought it was a pretty good end to the Sons of the Serpent storyline Waid was running. I really loved how Waid used them in this series as they fought smart as opposed to usual brute force attempt to stop heroes. It made things all the more satisfying when Matt turned everything back on them. Good read.

just read the first Agents of Atlas miniseries. it wasnt the instant classic i was expecting, but it was very good regardless. great (re)introduction to the characters. each had a discernable personality and backstory, as well as a nice bit of history for the team. did NOT see that ending coming and it really paints the old Woo/Claw stories in a different light.

So come October a woman will be taking up the hammer and mantle of Thor. Normally I would be a bit annoyed, but I've enjoyed Aaron's God of Thunder so much I kind of trust him blindly on this and am curious to see where it goes. I recall seeing a female Thor in the Avengers' current time travel arc on Hickman's book. Never realized it was hint towards whats to come.

i was sitting on break at work and the View was on (i work with a bunch of middle aged women, so sue me) and they showed that pic. i found it really odd that they were discussing it when i hadn't heard a word about it. found out later that's where the announcement was made.

hearing Whoopi pretend to be a knowledgeable Thor fan was funny tho.

I had two different people ask me about it at work because I'm the resident 'comic book guy.' I said I gave it eighteen months because that's how long radical changes to a status quo tend to last, said I hoped it was a good story but I wasn't going to drop something else to follow it, and kind of shrugged. (Neither of them had any idea that Doctor Octopus had just spent 18 months as Spider-Man.)