DVDVR Message Board

Sting and Great Muta vs. DDP and Satoshi Kojima, 4/21/04

Kevin Wilson

I've been on an 'obscure Mutoh matches' kick lately.  Can ya tell?

This match is not particularly good.  But I remember seeing it 10 years ago when someone uploaded it and I hadn't seen it since.  This is noteworthy in a historical sense as it is the last time that Sting and Muta were ever in a match together, and also was DDP's first match in two years after leaving WWE.

hcw1.JPG

Date:  April 21st, 2004
Event:  Hawaiian Championship Wrestling "Battle Hawaii 2014"

Attendance:  Unknown

Link:  Download Here (280 MB)

I know there isn't a lot of demand for matches like this, but I have to do something to support my follow Muta and Sting fans :)  Plus I like to upload stuff that is 'different', Ditch has the 'good' matches pretty well covered already.  And in case any admins stumble in here, this was shown on Gaora TV and is that version, not that I think HCW ever sold it anyway.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I remain fascinated by anything Muta and Sting. Is there a shoot or anything where they talk about each other? They’ve worked together their whole lives similar to say Sting and Flair but it was minus the fluff. Every match they ever had against each other meant something, and that was the case at the beginning of their careers when they wrestled every night at the end of the era where every match every night was important. So they’re a rare case of 2 guys who wrestled every night yet didn’t just do it by the numbers, and never had a meaningless match. 

Sting has never done a shoot and seems to keep many opinions to himself on WWE shoots. Muta’s English is spotty or brilliant depending on who you ask. There’s probably something out there that he’s done that I don’t know about though. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 2:49 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I remain fascinated by anything Muta and Sting. Is there a shoot or anything where they talk about each other? They’ve worked together their whole lives similar to say Sting and Flair but it was minus the fluff. Every match they ever had against each other meant something, and that was the case at the beginning of their careers when they wrestled every night at the end of the era where every match every night was important. So they’re a rare case of 2 guys who wrestled every night yet didn’t just do it by the numbers, and never had a meaningless match. 

Sting has never done a shoot and seems to keep many opinions to himself on WWE shoots. Muta’s English is spotty or brilliant depending on who you ask. There’s probably something out there that he’s done that I don’t know about though. 

Got to see Muta last year- his English seemed spotty, though he got a bit.  Might be a case where he understands but doesn't speak well.  He was in a really, really bad way.  He was limping so heavily I wanted to get out of line and help him just get where he needed.  He had a very heavy limp and should not be performing at all.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 12:02 PM, alstein said:

Got to see Muta last year- his English seemed spotty, though he got a bit.  Might be a case where he understands but doesn't speak well.  He was in a really, really bad way.  He was limping so heavily I wanted to get out of line and help him just get where he needed.  He had a very heavy limp and should not be performing at all.

He's worn out his new knees already?  It's only been a couple years since the knee replacement surgery.

My guess is Muta's knees were more fucked than your average knee replacement candidates, and most folks who get those knees don't work matches.
BTW- it was Wrestlecade where I saw this, which is pretty close to where you're at (prob the best NC Indie show)

Edited by alstein