DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

The Hank stuff was intense, but I find myself preoccupied with the mystery of the flash forward. It appears Walt's family was killed by someone who wanted to send a message to "Heisenberg". The question remains who? The Arizona cartel? The Mexican cartel? Todd's Aryan pals? Lydia's Czechs? Old friends of Gus Fring's?  Who's Walt going to poison, and who's he just going to blow away?

OR

Once Walter White was finally exposed as Heisenburg, his story becomes so infamous while he is on the run that people became infatuated with him enough to spray graffiti in his now abandoned house. Just like when crazy people deface the graves of famous musicians.

I am the king. Crown me.

Poor Emily Rios. First, her role is reduced on the last two episodes of "The Bridge" and then creepy Todd caps her on the porch on "Breaking Bad".

I am the king. Crown me.

Poor Emily Rios. First, her role is reduced on the last two episodes of "The Bridge" and then creepy Todd caps her on the porch on "Breaking Bad".

You act as though she's been cast in a CW sitcom.

I am the king. Crown me.

You act as though she's been cast in a CW sitcom.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Aaaand the show just won Best Drama. Yet somehow Jeff Daniels won Best Actor over Cranston for that abomination that is THE NEWSROOM.

I figured Cranston wouldn't win, 'cause he's won too many times.

I figured Emmy voters would give Breaking Bad best drama 'cause this is its last chance, even though they really wanted to give the award to House of Cards as a nod to Netflix becoming a player. So I figured they'd give the best actor honor to Kevin Spacey as a consolation prize.

Todd's whole nice guy act while doing reprehensible things is legit creepy.  He kind of has that Walt thing going on where he thinks he is doing things for the right reasons, but is actually just a monster.  It's sort of an interesting shadow of the main story.  My reaction to Todd is how I imagine people in the Breaking Bad world feel about Heisenberg.  All the Todd scenes this week were chilling stuff.

The 5 minutes or so of Walt slowly realizing he was going to die in the cabin is probably the most depressing thing I've ever watched.

Todd's whole nice guy act while doing reprehensible things is legit creepy.  He kind of has that Walt thing going on where he thinks he is doing things for the right reasons, but is actually just a monster.  It's sort of an interesting shadow of the main story.  My reaction to Todd is how I imagine people in the Breaking Bad world feel about Heisenberg.  All the Todd scenes this week were chilling stuff.

The 5 minutes or so of Walt slowly realizing he was going to die in the cabin is probably the most depressing thing I've ever watched.

I see Todd as basically a low IQ version of Heisenberg.

Charlie Rose don't play softball. 

Fuck Gretchen and Elliott. 

Gretchen and Elliot are idiots. A murdering psychopath with a grudge against us and nothing to lose is out there? Let's just belittle and degrade his accomplishments some more!

Granted, they probably didn't expect him to be watching Charlie Rose while he was on the lamb. But still.

Also, does this mean Walt's impending murder spree is all Charlie Rose's fault?

Charlie Rose don't play softball. 

Fuck Gretchen and Elliott. 

Gretchen and Elliot are idiots. A murdering psychopath with a grudge against us and nothing to lose is out there? Let's just belittle and degrade his accomplishments some more!

Granted, they probably didn't expect him to be watching Charlie Rose while he was on the lamb. But still.

Also, does this mean Walt's impending murder spree is all Charlie Rose's fault?

This has always been the one note where Breaking Bad goes a little off the rails:  where they try to mix in pieces of the real world with their story line, and thankfully they don't do it often.  On the one hand, I think it was a great way to motivate White to finish everything once and for all.  On the other, it seems a little unrealistic for Grey Matter to publicly shit on a wanted man who could strike at anytime.  Let's just say the Unabomber had cofounded Microsoft.  I doubt Bill Gates would be taunting him and calling him a nobody on national TV.  He'd be getting a bomb within weeks.

Is Walt really pissed off at Grey Matter? I thought he was just pissed off at finding out that Blue Sky is still being sold around the world. Leading Walt to realise that Jesse is still alive since he's the only other person that knows how to make it.

Is Walt really pissed off at Grey Matter? I thought he was just pissed off at finding out that Blue Sky is still being sold around the world. Leading Walt to realise that Jesse is still alive since he's the only other person that knows how to make it.

I thought he taught Todd.  And that would just be further incentive for him to kill the Aryans, knowing that they are still making his formula.  I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure in Walt's world, Jesse is dead.  And theoretically, since about two-three months have passed since Jesse tried to run, Jesse COULD be dead from doing something stupid.

I took it more of Walt feeling disrespected by not getting credit for starting Grey Matter.  Goes back to the theme of the first season, Walt, being a guy who has pretty much been stepped on all his life and finds out he might die, empowers himself to take things into in his own hands.  Now we have Walt dying, his family hates him, and he's all alone and powerless.  Seeing the Grey Matter guys discredit him is kind of the last straw.

I think Badger nailed it on Talking Bad, saying that any time Walt's significance is challenged, or that he's thought of as a "sweet man," he becomes incensed and wants to make it a point that he isn't a nice guy and that his actions should be recognized for their magnitude. So I think hearing that Blue Sky is still being sold leads him to believe that the Brotherhood is keeping Jesse alive to make it, making even more money off of what Walt has referred to as his life's work. All through life he never received the recognition he thought he should have, and he we were again, with Walt in the same situation he was in with Grey Matter all those years ago, having it pointed out to him by Gretchen and Elliott that he's in that situation once again. Blue Sky being in production means his family is still at risk as well. Then, in the background, you have Walt wanting all the moneys. So that's you fuel.

Gretchen and Elliott discrediting Walt and referring to Walt as this sweet man, stripping him of his significance, is simply lighting the match. 

Walt is Heisenberg, goddammit. He is the one who knocks. He is the fucking danger. And now there's hell to pay. A motivated Heisenberg with nothing to lose is the most dangerous man in the world.

I am so fucking pumped up for the finale.

• Like 3