DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

My feelings towards TWD in a nutshell: they built up the death of a major character as a huge fucking deal, and instead of feeling sorrow or despair or whatever, we all got super fucking happy because that character was *THE WORST*. If something happened last week to Skyler or Marie, there wouldn't be an overwhelming feeling of joy.

The majority of Walking Dead characters are at best, just there, and at worst... totally dreadful and completely unlikable. I know almost every show has one character which fits that mold but TWD had both Lori and Andrea, and they both played major roles! It's as though the writers have no idea that they're completely worthless and even when Lori died while giving birth, something that should have drawn the ultimate sympathy, I was fine with it because she was gone.

Then there was Ghost Lori.

This show isn't very good.

Because it's a ratings juggernaut, is it just the cool show to shit on now?

No it's terrible. Everyone is hateful, everyone is an idiot, everybody does stupid unrealistic illogical things that endanger others. If anything the spin off will be better because they'll have the freedom to not do the same nonsensical gibberish that I guess is in the comics.

They are all fucking morons. EVERY DAMN CHARACTER! They sent one of the only resourceful dudes down into a well with a zombie for no good reason at one point.  He went along with it because he is a fucking moron.

Yeah, it was the well scene that did it for me, too. 

Trying to get the zombie out? Stupid.  No point.

Dangling a guy above the zombie to get it out?  Just awful.

And from an outside-the-show perspective, it was clearly just the writers coming up with a little bottled zombie scene just for the sake of doing it. 

I heard the show got better after that, but that was so terrible that I was done. 

No it's terrible. Everyone is hateful, everyone is an idiot, everybody does stupid unrealistic illogical things that endanger others. If anything the spin off will be better because they'll have the freedom to not do the same nonsensical gibberish that I guess is in the comics.

That nonsensical shit is largely a product of AMC's terrific crew of writers. Stupid people doing stupid stuff more often than not die in the comics.

That nonsensical shit is largely a product of AMC's terrific crew of writers. Stupid people doing stupid stuff more often than not die in the comics.
I think Kirkman has to bear a lot of the blame. For one thing, though I don't think he's held the "showrunner" title, he has been the one consistent factor at the top of the writing department due to the Dexterian turnover rate at the showrunner position. Secondly, he has gone on the record multiple times saying that one of the things he likes about doing the show is that he gets to make changes to what he did in the comics.I'd say there are pretty good odds that a lot of the changes that everybody thinks are stupid come straight from Kirkman himself.

I mean, I still watch it, so it hasn't quite crossed the threshold into being so utterly stupid that I can't be bothered to waste my time with it (where SONS OF ANARCHY is waiting for company).

Yeah, SOA is becoming the show where they introduce a character just to kill them off in a couple episodes.  Rubbish...

I think Kirkman has to bear a lot of the blame. For one thing, though I don't think he's held the "showrunner" title, he has been the one consistent factor at the top of the writing department due to the Dexterian turnover rate at the showrunner position. Secondly, he has gone on the record multiple times saying that one of the things he likes about doing the show is that he gets to make changes to what he did in the comics.I'd say there are pretty good odds that a lot of the changes that everybody thinks are stupid come straight from Kirkman himself.

I had read the first dozen or so collections of TWD before the show came around, and the comic is phenomenal.  The show suffers from the problem of not being as good as the comic (which they could use as a blueprint, but didn't), while also having just come along right at a time when the mainstream appeal of zombies was never greater.  So, the show suffers from the problem of having the core audience shitting all over it for not being faithful enough, while the mainstream folks love it because ZOMBIES~!

Why the fuck are you destroying this fantastic show thread with talk of your stupid ass zombie show that isnt even about zombies anymore!?! 

We'd do it in the Meltzer thread but we're only allowed to talk about breakfast restaurants in there.

I saw today that the final two episodes are going to be 75 minutes, so if your DVR is lame like mine and never readjusts if the guide changes make sure you change it up. 

Jeez, that last replay on Sunday night (the one I watch due to my work schedule) won't start until 5 a.m.

I liked this thread better when it was still about iphone passcodes.

I am neutral on the breakfast issue.  Walt is probably a toast man, but Heisenberg seems like a bacon, eggs, & melted cheese man.  Nothing like the smell of clogged arteries first thing in the morning.  I assume Walt flip flops between the two, depending on whether he's eating alone or with someone who could observe his "suspicious" behavior.

I saw today that the final two episodes are going to be 75 minutes, so if your DVR is lame like mine and never readjusts if the guide changes make sure you change it up. 

Or, you could have Comcast's Xfinity X1 DVR/Service that you can schedule series recordings on that the fucking DVR just chooses not to record, or sometimes when it does record, it does so on a standard def channel. So thanks Comcast for having a 30 day guarantee because this X1 product absolutely sucks.