DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

Wait, am I the only one who wants to see Walt get his comeuppance?

No.

I may be a bad person because I'm really hoping the last shot of the finale is Walt's body crammed into one of those 55 gallon barrels, about to be buried in the desert. 

After she suggested that Walt off Jesse since he (Walt) has done done so much evil already, I'm ok with bad things happening to Skyler too.

Babby Holly will travel the country with her brother, living off Walt's millions and searching for the perfect breakfast food.  Louis will be their personal driver and Brock is their churlish bodyguard.  This spin off will run for 18 seasons and be called "Still Breakin'"

• Like 1

Wait, am I the only one who wants to see Walt get his comeuppance?

No.

I may be a bad person because I'm really hoping the last shot of the finale is Walt's body crammed into one of those 55 gallon barrels, about to be buried in the desert. 

After she suggested that Walt off Jesse since he (Walt) has done done so much evil already, I'm ok with bad things happening to Skyler too.

His dissolved in a barrel body, buried in the desert, would wrap up the whole Ozymandias theme very nicely.  And I don't get the Hank hate at all. Goofy rule-bending cop maybe, but the guy is the best brother-in-law ever.

It is probably too far gone, but I would like Jesse and Walt reunited and triumphant. I watched the entire series in one sitting this summer before watching this current run in real time, and still root for Walt even after his total descent into pure evil. 

• Like 2

It is probably too far gone, but I would like Jesse and Walt reunited and triumphant. I watched the entire series in one sitting this summer before watching this current run in real time, and still root for Walt even after his total descent into pure evil. 

I agree. I still find myself rooting for Walt. Is it really any different than rooting for Dexter, Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, or anyone on Sons of Anarchy?

I agree. I still find myself rooting for Walt. Is it really any different than rooting for Dexter, Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, or anyone on Sons of Anarchy?

I think it is a little different somehow.  Not so much for morality reasons, but it just seems strange to root for Walt because everything feels so inevitable at this point,

I root for Jesse because I want him to survive, but Walt living doesn't even seem like a possibility.  It's strange.  It's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

I think the ending that would appease most would be Walt and Jesse reuniting and/or Walt sacrificing himself to save Jesse.

I'm sure I'm pretty much the only one pissed at Jesse for becoming a rat but deep down I still want to like him so them reuniting or something similar would make me happy.

I think the ending that would appease most would be Walt and Jesse reuniting and/or Walt sacrificing himself to save Jesse.

I'm sure I'm pretty much the only one pissed at Jesse for becoming a rat but deep down I still want to like him so them reuniting or something similar would make me happy.

I wouldn't be that shocked if it happened. Walt could have let Hank, Gomie, and Jesse scour the desert or chase him down before Todd and the crew showed up. The fact that Walt tried to call it off makes me believe that Walt survives the shootout in order to drag out a mea culpa from Jesse for ratting him out. Jesse doesn't do it and gets offed.

Lets assume that Hank at least survives the shoot out. It's probably a given that Gomez gets killed. Walt loses all his money. I think the flash forward will show Walt survives by being a cook for hire while he's on the run. I mean assuming he loses his money, Walt cooking is the only way he can probably afford a damn M-60.

Hank would be pretty cool to have as a brother in law. But man he is oblivious to everything that goes on around him.

Lets assume that Hank at least survives the shoot out. It's probably a given that Gomez gets killed.

See, I feel like if just one of those two survives, it's WAY more likely to be Gomez. For one thing, this show is very trope-conscious, and having the brown-skinned dude be the only guy to bite it is a really bad trope. Secondly, as Gilligan himself has said, this is a moral show. And of everybody out in that desert, Gomez is the one who least deserves to die. Aside from begrudgingly aiding his best friend in his off-the-books pursuit of bad guys, he is by far the cleanest adult character on the show.

The part I'm still hung up on is that by the time of the flash forward, Walt should be dead from the cancer. And aside from a slight cough, he looks like he's in pretty good shape.

Assuming he has it.

Meaning he's currently conning his family or it goes back into remission? I supposed that's possible and I thought of that too. Walt throws back a couple pills though, which could just be a red herring to make you think of the pills he was taking when he was previously going through chemo. 

In any event, I want Walt Jr. to come out triumphant. No one gets fucked over more than him. His reward for the total neglect of his father and lies of his mother is a nice car.