DVDVR Message Board

Breaking Bad Final Season Continues August 11th

Elsalvajeloco

I think they were talking about Brock. I'm pretty sure Jesse hasn't mentioned the kid in the desert due to his involvement. That's definitely where Jesse loses his smile so to speak. Mike was the final straw and the realization that Walt will kill anyone.

The fancy DVD set looks pretty cool but I gotta agree with the other poster. Where in my house do I put that thing?

So I got sick and tired of being behind on this show (and I knew, at some point, something was going to get spoiled and I'd be pissed off), so last week I put in for two vacation days this week and I've blown through all of season 4, the first part of season five and just today I got caught up.

Holy shit, I'm exhausted.

• Like 2

The BETTER CALL SAUL spin-off is offically a go. Kinda figured AMC would go in for it, what with THE KILLING cancelled again and LOW WINTER SUN dying a slow, miserable death. This time next year, they were set to have no shows with any cache beyond THE WALKING DEAD. Picking this spin-off up was a no-brainer.

Now we'll see if they can make it work.

The BETTER CALL SAUL spin-off is offically a go. Kinda figured AMC would go in for it, what with THE KILLING cancelled again and LOW WINTER SUN dying a slow, miserable death. This time next year, they were set to have no shows with any cache beyond THE WALKING DEAD. Picking this spin-off up was a no-brainer.Now we'll see if they can make it work.

Folks talk about low ratings like it's black and white.

I'm hard pressed to think of a situation where I think it would be better to call Saul.  If calling Saul is a good move, you're into some bad stuff that might warrant rethinking your life choices.  Oh,and the shit is piled so high around you that the light bulb in the ceiling is covered in the stuff.

But Saul is widely viewed as a lawyer willing to work for lower income people. They don't always have issues that make them criminals. I've always thought of him as someone who would handle BS cases like you'd see on Judge Judy or something.

Of course Saul makes the big money by working with seedy people, but the majority of his clients probably aren't seedy.

• Like 1

Better yet: The spin-off is confirmed to be a prequel. So if we're good boys and girls, we might wake up one Christmas morning with GUS and MIKE in our stockings.

Better Call Saul aka "Vince Gilligan Trying His Damndest to Get Giancarlo Esposito That Emmy He Should Have Gotten in 2012".

• Like 2

On one hand I'm interested in seeing what they do with this show, and I've really liked Odenkirk's performance on Breaking Bad.  He's a scene stealer for sure.

On the other I don't see that character carrying a show.  I suppose since it's a prequel we may well have some characters we've never met before helping to round out the cast.  I kinda hope Huell is in it, I've grown a soft spot for that big lug.

Forgot about them too, which is great because it means more work for Bill Burr and Lavell Crawford. Jesus, the cast of characters that Saul brings with him is incredible. Hopefully Better Call Saul trends towards being more of a comedy that a dark comedy or drama. I also look forward to courtroom shenanigans.